super league re start

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Just seems like you're over thinking it mate. No way are clubs going to traverse the M62 for "home games" when their home venue is available. 

See it more as how these are the only 3 venues that can be used, good that Leeds, Saints and Wire are willing to share them to enable games to go ahead. 

As it stands Cas, KR and Wakey are being deemed sub par regarding investment to ensure covid-secureness, and Salford, Wigan, Huddersfield and Hull FC all share their venues.

There is plenty of time available to over think things so you could be right, until the season does resume thinking about it is all we have. In a further bout of over thinking (while typing) it occurs it is possible that this has been mitigated with for example Leeds home fixtures being allocated during the early stage of the season when limited venues are being used so that they still get the total of 11 home ties over the season. None of us have seen a revised fixture list and a new one will have needed to be drawn up. I have settled my concerns a bit on the issue now (at least until the fixtures get published or it becomes clear we will have no home games for the rest). Over thinking it got there in the end.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/06/2020 at 09:25, Man of Kent said:

The Aussies are allowing crowds of up to 25% capacity (up to 10k) from next weekend. Interesting to see the rules for how it works in practice https://giostadiumcanberra.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/CofE_FAQs_34-July-GIO-Stad-Final.pdf

Remind me again, how many deaths have there been in Australia so far related to Covid-19?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Do we have any idea of ALL the venues

LEEDS

WARRINGTON

ST HELENS

WIGAN 

HULL FC

?

Paul

It won't be Wigan or Hull FC stadia due to the football clubs both share with. The expectation is it will be Headingley plus one or both of Warrington and St Helens that host the early rounds at least.

18 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

If neutral venues are to be used , no club should play a game at their home stadium , simple as 

It's not neutral venues though, in a fair competition sense. It's single, COVID-secure venues in a practical, health sense. Sporting neutrality doesn't come into it. 

27 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

It's not neutral venues though, in a fair competition sense. It's single, COVID-secure venues in a practical, health sense. Sporting neutrality doesn't come into it. 

Then they should find neutral venues 

48 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Then they should find neutral venues 

Fortunately people running the show are a bit more practical than you seem to be. For starters find us another RL venue with three sets of SL minimum standards changing rooms.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

If neutral venues are to be used , no club should play a game at their home stadium , simple as 

It’s as far from ‘simple as’ as can be.

I suspect the clubs, players and people running the comp will be a bit more pragmatic about it all

31 minutes ago, M j M said:

Fortunately people running the show are a bit more practical than you seem to be. For starters find us another RL venue with three sets of SL minimum standards changing rooms.

Leigh , Doncaster 

When I had a personal guided tour of the HJ , it didn't have 3 sets of changing rooms 

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Do we have any idea of ALL the venues

LEEDS

WARRINGTON

ST HELENS

WIGAN 

HULL FC

?

Paul

Odsal is neutral, isn't it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

If its back to back matches on SKY to accommodate sponsors the stadium will have to have an in built LED system something no-one seems to have thought about on here.

LEEDS 

HUDDERSFIELD

HULL FC

SALFORD

WIGAN

ST HELENS 

ALL OK

IMPOSSIBLE BELOW 

HULL KR

CASTLEFORD

WAKEFIELD 

WARRINGTON

How about Perpignan, with a crowd of 5,000 and an 'air bridge' by then between the UK and France?  Not sure what changing facilities they have, but they are used to putting on curtain-raisers, so I presume the answer is more than for two teams.

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

How about Perpignan, with a crowd of 5,000 and an 'air bridge' by then between the UK and France?  Not sure what changing facilities they have, but they are used to putting on curtain-raisers, so I presume the answer is more than for two teams.

A crowd of 5000 is unlikely to cover the cost of flights in and out of France for multiple teams and presumably Guasch would want a sizable chunk of the gate monies for his club's home fixtures. As well as Biosecurity, cost cutting is also part of the reasoning behind using limited venues featuring double/triple headers. Flying in and out of France would fly in the face of that.

19 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

In best Vic Reeves accent , " you didn't think it through " ?

6 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

One fewer home game and later start in 2021, says Elstone. Could that mean a 14-team Super League (11 + 3 loop  = 14 home fixtures with a 12-team SL, 13 home games with no loop fixtures with a 14-team SL)? Or am I reading too much into it?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/rugby-league/12015547/elstone-super-league-restart-great-news

I doubt the SL will expand next year as clubs are already facing a reduction in the Sky money next year due to the fallout from this year's disruption so it is unlikely they will want to split the pot with two more clubs by expanding the league.

As he states one home game less it seems more likely that clubs will play 4 loop fixtures rather than 6 (2 home, 2 away) plus MW that gives a 27 round season.

It could just as easily be 11+2 loop fixtures in a 12 team SL.

12 clubs is my bet as the clubs need to maximise their Sky money, at least for 2021.

They'll also want Toronto to stay up and agree not to take their share in 2021.

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Leigh , Doncaster 

When I had a personal guided tour of the HJ , it didn't have 3 sets of changing rooms 

spurs have 2 sets of changing rooms & easily stage 3 games  or 4 in a day. 1st game change in football changing rooms, game 2 in NFL  changing rooms (massive), then back to football then NFL changing rooms if necessary

55 minutes ago, wiganermike said:

I doubt the SL will expand next year as clubs are already facing a reduction in the Sky money next year due to the fallout from this year's disruption so it is unlikely they will want to split the pot with two more clubs by expanding the league.

As he states one home game less it seems more likely that clubs will play 4 loop fixtures rather than 6 (2 home, 2 away) plus MW that gives a 27 round season.

Seems more likely.

18 Feb start for 2021, by the way.

8 hours ago, kev p said:

spurs have 2 sets of changing rooms & easily stage 3 games  or 4 in a day. 1st game change in football changing rooms, game 2 in NFL  changing rooms (massive), then back to football then NFL changing rooms if necessary

Yes , and ? 

To hire New White Hart Lane would cost 20 times what it would cost to hire the LS V , ALL our clubs are in the north , and it isn't a changing room competition , the LSV has 4 in the stadium , there are another 4 thirty yards away at the Leigh Harriers complex , and several others fifty yards away as well as a huge sports hall that could accommodate several teams at the sports centre next door 

So ? 

Archived