super league re start

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

Im actually astounded that they have, for once, and in difficult circumstances, made accommodation. For International performance. 

Credit where it is due. Well done. 

I think the vast majority in the game now realise that England winning the World cup next year is the number one priority and could have hugely positive benefits.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is forgetting the problem of the pitch.  3 games a day can cripple the pitch, and as is happening in Australia it's crippling the players.

As for neutral venues...  It's daft worrying about that when there are no fans to howl at the players... or at it each other.

19 hours ago, wiganermike said:

A crowd of 5000 is unlikely to cover the cost of flights in and out of France for multiple teams and presumably Guasch would want a sizable chunk of the gate monies for his club's home fixtures. As well as Biosecurity, cost cutting is also part of the reasoning behind using limited venues featuring double/triple headers. Flying in and out of France would fly in the face of that.

You could be right!

19 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

In best Vic Reeves accent , " you didn't think it through " ?

Likewise, Gubrats, you could be right.

Flippantly, in my defence, the real ale from Downton Brewery, purchased from there a few hours before, was starting to flow.

Out of interest, I wonder what the difference is between costs for, say Hull FC or KR to get to Warrington and back, and likewise Perpignan and back.  I really have no idea.

I understand that, now more than ever, costs must be minimised, but, in more 'normal' times, the idea of a Super League triple header in Perpignan could be fun!  Just not sure how the need for it would arise, unless it was one of two 'mini magics'.

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

You could be right!

Likewise, Gubrats, you could be right.

Flippantly, in my defence, the real ale from Downton Brewery, purchased from there a few hours before, was starting to flow.

Out of interest, I wonder what the difference is between costs for, say Hull FC or KR to get to Warrington and back, and likewise Perpignan and back.  I really have no idea.

I understand that, now more than ever, costs must be minimised, but, in more 'normal' times, the idea of a Super League triple header in Perpignan could be fun!  Just not sure how the need for it would arise, unless it was one of two 'mini magics'.

Cheaper in Spain:) The french catalans shot themselves in the foot years ago by ripping off fans coming over hotel prices went up beer everything 90% of RL fans that go to a Dragons match from the UK stay in places like Loret De Mar and get bussed up or take the train.

France is a rip off nowadays.

23 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

If its back to back matches on SKY to accommodate sponsors the stadium will have to have an in built LED system something no-one seems to have thought about on here.

LEEDS 

HUDDERSFIELD

HULL FC

SALFORD

WIGAN

ST HELENS 

ALL OK

IMPOSSIBLE BELOW 

HULL KR

CASTLEFORD

WAKEFIELD 

WARRINGTON

Why is it impossible at Warrington? 

Or any of the others for that matter. 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Why is it impossible at Warrington? 

Or any of the others for that matter. 

Simple clubs will have to take care of their sponsorship contracts, and if more than one match only LED can accommodate this for back to back matches on SKY (One off home matches are not a problem) However if its to be back to back matches they will only be played in stadiums with LED systems otherwise clubs will not be able to fulfil sponsorship contracts.

8 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Simple clubs will have to take care of their sponsorship contracts, and if more than one match only LED can accommodate this for back to back matches on SKY (One off home matches are not a problem) However if its to be back to back matches they will only be played in stadiums with LED systems otherwise clubs will not be able to fulfil sponsorship contracts.

I was wondering why you claim it is impossible. They can be added to any ground if required, and were in fact features of these grounds previously as part of the Elonex deal. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I was wondering why you claim it is impossible. They can be added to any ground if required, and were in fact features of these grounds previously as part of the Elonex deal. 

A complete new LED system Dave costs around £ 200000.00, to hire with installation costs £ 20K for one match approx.

No club is going to spend that type of money at this stage.

I think you will find there will be no double headers at stadiums without LED.

8 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

A complete new LED system Dave costs around £ 200000.00, to hire with installation costs £ 20K for one match approx.

No club is going to spend that type of money at this stage.

I think you will find there will be no double headers at stadiums without LED.

I feel you are overstating the importance, but we will see. 

5 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Cubs cannot afford to let sponsors down Dave who have paid money for advertising (Its not that simple) 

They have already reduced games, so anything can be done. 

All I will say to all those who say it is not fair to have the benefit of home advantage for any team, I shouted long and hard about the Championship GF last year going away from the norm and playing it at the home of one of the competing teams, funnily enough it was accepted then.

On 27/06/2020 at 09:31, Rupert Prince said:

Everyone is forgetting the problem of the pitch.  3 games a day can cripple the pitch, and as is happening in Australia it's crippling the players.

As for neutral venues...  It's daft worrying about that when there are no fans to howl at the players... or at it each other.

And the way Headingley Beach looked earlier this season good luck with multiple games on that surface 

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

How do you know? it is not just a case of letting the grass grow Tommy it's the substrate that requires a lot of work and preperation.

Anyway no skin if my nose, if it breaks up.

It looks like a billiards table rather than a beach?

39 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

How do you know? it is not just a case of letting the grass grow Tommy it's the substrate that requires a lot of work and preperation.

Anyway no skin if my nose, if it breaks up.

Don't fret petal, it will be absolutely fine as it always is through the summer months.

• 1 month later...

Just to confirm for the sensitive souls out there upset about this home/away thing, according to the Yorkshire Evening Post Leeds will be using one of the away dressing rooms on Sunday. Although to be fair it doesn't actually say that Huddersfield will be using the usual home ones.

On 26/06/2020 at 23:06, wiganermike said:

I doubt the SL will expand next year as clubs are already facing a reduction in the Sky money next year due to the fallout from this year's disruption so it is unlikely they will want to split the pot with two more clubs by expanding the league.

As he states one home game less it seems more likely that clubs will play 4 loop fixtures rather than 6 (2 home, 2 away) plus MW that gives a 27 round season.

The non payment of the parachute plus whatever top 1/2 in the Championship normally get reduces that burden, I would guess the 2 clubs would happily split that cash to move up.

3 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

The non payment of the parachute plus whatever top 1/2 in the Championship normally get reduces that burden, I would guess the 2 clubs would happily split that cash to move up.

Half of the parachute payment has been paid out, that is where the prize money for the Autumn competition came from. In terms of the funding normally given to Championship clubs while it is the case that the incremental distribution based on league placings can't go ahead I would expect (and hope) that the same pot of money will be dished out in the form of equal shares for all to aid the Championship clubs in surviving the financial hit they have taken (rather than none of them getting any money at all). I would expect therefore that with the pot of cash you were proposing could be used having almost certainly been distributed albeit under a different model that there wouldn't be any spare money to divvy up to facilitate SL expanding.

SL could expand in 2022 depending on what the next broadcast deal does to the availability and spread of funding and whatever the governing bodies decide the aims for developing the sport are from that point but I can't see it happening for 2021.

2 hours ago, wiganermike said:

Half of the parachute payment has been paid out, that is where the prize money for the Autumn competition came from. In terms of the funding normally given to Championship clubs while it is the case that the incremental distribution based on league placings can't go ahead I would expect (and hope) that the same pot of money will be dished out in the form of equal shares for all to aid the Championship clubs in surviving the financial hit they have taken (rather than none of them getting any money at all). I would expect therefore that with the pot of cash you were proposing could be used having almost certainly been distributed albeit under a different model that there wouldn't be any spare money to divvy up to facilitate SL expanding.

SL could expand in 2022 depending on what the next broadcast deal does to the availability and spread of funding and whatever the governing bodies decide the aims for developing the sport are from that point but I can't see it happening for 2021.

So it hasn't been paid out , the ' 125 year ' cup isn't happening 

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

So it hasn't been paid out , the ' 125 year ' cup isn't happening 

At present time it is still going to happen and until such time as the RFL announce otherwise then it will still happen. By my reckoning there are still 16 clubs not yet declaring that they won't enter. The money has been allocated for that purpose.

Archived