super league re start

7 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Nice insight from Jon Wells about what ‘Covid-secure’ Super League means for the  players et al.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12204/12038995/super-leagues-strategies-to-ensure-a-safe-season-restart

I see that an F1 driver has caught it and gone into quarantine.  They say they are keep to their procedures... but clearly 

This virus is very contagious and I see more restrictions in the M6 corridor have just been announces and in the Blackburn Darwen Area.    I really dont see games being played with fans at all this season.  An empty Wembley?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, wiganermike said:

Half of the parachute payment has been paid out, that is where the prize money for the Autumn competition came from. In terms of the funding normally given to Championship clubs while it is the case that the incremental distribution based on league placings can't go ahead I would expect (and hope) that the same pot of money will be dished out in the form of equal shares for all to aid the Championship clubs in surviving the financial hit they have taken (rather than none of them getting any money at all). I would expect therefore that with the pot of cash you were proposing could be used having almost certainly been distributed albeit under a different model that there wouldn't be any spare money to divvy up to facilitate SL expanding.

SL could expand in 2022 depending on what the next broadcast deal does to the availability and spread of funding and whatever the governing bodies decide the aims for developing the sport are from that point but I can't see it happening for 2021.

Autumn comp wont happen and most Champ clubs are better off as long as furlough is in place. They took the money from sponsors and ST's plus central and are paying out far less.

I wonder how the new lockdown of Kirklees, Greater Manchester and Bradford will affect the players. If they are allowed to "work" but the advice is they aren't supposed to be mixing with others from outside their household. 

The areas include Wigan, Salford, Bradford, Huddersfield, Oldham, Stockport amongst others

2 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

I wonder how the new lockdown of Kirklees, Greater Manchester and Bradford will affect the players. If they are allowed to "work" but the advice is they aren't supposed to be mixing with others from outside their household. 

I suppose if they're getting tested every week and maintain their bubble they should be alright?

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I suppose if they're getting tested every week and maintain their bubble they should be alright?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/north-west-of-england-local-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do 

The only thing is that hopefully it is on the list of exceptions not mentioned but referred too. 

1 hour ago, HarrogateKnights said:

The areas include Wigan, Salford, Bradford, Huddersfield, Oldham, Stockport amongst others

As far as I can see it doesn't affect places of work 

10 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

As far as I can see it doesn't affect places of work 

The assumption is that all places of work that are open are following agreed covid secure guidance.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The bubble size will have to be enormous very shortly then something the size of a small planet.

Nah, F1 has been doing it for over a month now as has football and they have been largely successful in keeping cases down. Thats been with up to around 1000 people too.

Just got to keep things secure. Perhaps SL clubs could look to move players to a hotel/facility temporarily. Regardless, players will have to now be extra careful with where they go and how they interact.

21 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The pot is going to be one with a large capacity very shortly, just one case in RL will close it down.

I really don't think thats the case Harry. Football have had cases and didn't shut down. They have isolation procedures in place.

13 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Autumn comp wont happen and most Champ clubs are better off as long as furlough is in place. They took the money from sponsors and ST's plus central and are paying out far less.

Although to date we have only seen clubs declining to enter I do expect that once it gets down to around 10 clubs having not declared either way we will start to see clubs opting to enter rather than just declining. By that stage the various prize money allocations should have almost doubled as the pot will only need to be split between around half of the number of entrants proposed by the RFL. Entering will then be much more viable as it will be easier to cover costs at the very least if entering. I said when it was announced by the RFL that I expected it to end up being a round robin of 8 teams or fewer and I still expect that to happen. The only thing I see definitely putting an end to it is a government announcement that crowds this year is definitely not possible. Even if you end up being right and the tournament doesn't happen £250k alone wouldn't be enough to avoid the SL clubs having to give up money to expand next year. Thus I can't see them doing it.

As I said in my previous reply the central funds destined for the Championship will still be doled out to those 14 clubs albeit most likely as equal distributions as insufficient games had occurred to use the incremental distribution based on placings. I know the RFL have their faults but I can't see them throwing 12 or 13 clubs under a bus in order to give all the money to 1 or 2.

lets just leave it this season, it wont kill anyone to wait till next year but it might kill someone not to, after today i expect the plug to be pulled but lets not play another couple of pointless rounds before that call is made by those who "know better"

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

lets just leave it this season, it wont kill anyone to wait till next year but it might kill someone not to, after today i expect the plug to be pulled but lets not play another couple of pointless rounds before that call is made by those who "know better"

The season won't be cancelled from here. The protocols in place mean it is secure.

Best thing about Super League being back is i can have a beer watching Rugby.

My wife always looks at me funny when I crack a beer open at 7.30am watching an NRL game!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 28/06/2020 at 08:55, ATLANTISMAN said:

A complete new LED system Dave costs around £ 200000.00, to hire with installation costs £ 20K for one match approx.

No club is going to spend that type of money at this stage.

I think you will find there will be no double headers at stadiums without LED.

On 28/06/2020 at 09:03, Dave T said:

I feel you are overstating the importance, but we will see. 

On 28/06/2020 at 12:57, ATLANTISMAN said:

Cubs cannot afford to let sponsors down Dave who have paid money for advertising (Its not that simple) 

Games announced at Warrington for last weekend of August

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Games announced at Warrington for last weekend of August

People who are really certain about something based on zero knowledge or experience are always amusing.

Archived