Bulls make audacious bid for Brough

According to the Telegraph & Argus site the Bulls are about to sign Danny Brough to  2 year deal. Says he's taking a big cut in wages but wants to work with John Kear again to achieve promotion and play SL again. I would have thought in the present circumstances and with no resolution to their ground issues it's a big risk for whoever is financing it.

In the Championship will still do a good job if he remains fit very similar to York's Ben Cockayne signing when in League 1 will boost the profile of the league and bring experience . Downside is age will be playing at 37 and 38 if he stays fit enough. I hope he does OK but it's a tough league it's different to the Super League better have the spikes for uphill at Batley! 

1 hour ago, HarrogateKnights said:

In the Championship will still do a good job if he remains fit very similar to York's Ben Cockayne signing when in League 1 will boost the profile of the league and bring experience . Downside is age will be playing at 37 and 38 if he stays fit enough. I hope he does OK but it's a tough league it's different to the Super League better have the spikes for uphill at Batley! 

I’ve got no doubt he’ll excel in Championship, he’s got the brain and the skill and it’s not as quick as SL. The Bulls need a few more quality players to challenge at the top end though 

7 hours ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

He's one of the better, if not the best, kickers in the UK game (both place kicks and from hand) so that quality alone adds to the value he brings to any club.

100% a quality player, if he stays fit he will do well not sure if his interests lie in coaching once playing is done but plenty of opportunies to if he does

7 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

You get less mobile as you get older. Fortunately, he'll be playing on an allotment and it's mainly 5 drives and a kick.

?

Bet you wish that you had your own allotment, don't you?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

You get less mobile as you get older. Fortunately, he'll be playing on an allotment and it's mainly 5 drives and a kick.

?

Pretty disrespectful to Dewsbury that. Also Kear has taken us from a League 1 club to a upper middle table championship side so deserves some credit.

17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Bet you wish that you had your own allotment, don't you?

Yes, moving to Dewsbury is a step way to far backwards for Bradford. I suspect the Rugby League, Andrew Chalmers and Bradford Council cut a deal over Odsal. Every fan I know wanted to stay at Odsal and, failing that, play at Horsfall, Halifax or Keighley.

Sorry Johnny, I have no wish to denigrate your team or your pitch.

I will happily denigrate Kirklees Council for building a pitch that size when, at the time of construction, it was surrounded by a half-mile square of open land. That pitch isn't big enough for your team either.

As for my feelings on the Brough deal, well I've made some comments on the T&A website:

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18534785.bulls-sign-experienced-half-back-brough-two-year-deal/

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 21/06/2020 at 20:32, Total Rugby League said:

Bradford Bulls are closing in on an eye-catching swoop for Danny Brough. League Express can reveal the Bulls have held talks with the veteran halfback...

View the full article

Perfect signing for the Bulls this. Don't think I've ever seen Brough have a bad game 

I fear for some full back's in the championship with his kicking

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 17:58, POR said:

.wants to work with John Kear again to achieve promotion and play in SL again

He's got more chance of winning lottery ? 

Or platting soot

Archived