Dreadful towns

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/06/2020 at 16:43, Robin Evans said:

I'm a Wombwell lad. I've always found tarn ok. Its like fev v roosters for a rugby tangent comparing tarn n rovrum

Just been working on a new Costs coffee at Wombwell, near the retail park at the Stairfoot end.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Just been working on a new Costs coffee at Wombwell, near the retail park at the Stairfoot end.

I'll never understand how briefly common separates south and west yorks.... mention rugby in darfield or Wombwell and they look at you like you're from Mars!!😆

On 26/07/2020 at 09:46, Hopping Mad said:

Bit harsh on Dundee (which is a city, really).

In that neck of the woods, I was in Montrose last September. Shocked to see how badly the place had gone downhill since my previous visit, 20 years before. The high street was seedy.

Brechin, another of the Angus towns, is also in serious decline. Plenty of boarded-up shops now (and a major drugs problem).

I'll add the west Cumbria town of Cleator Moor, for reasons obvious to anyone who has visited.

I once went to watch Brechin City play at home, can only echo your sentiments on Brechin. Dreadful place in serious need of life. 

10 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

I once went to watch Brechin City play at home, can only echo your sentiments on Brechin. Dreadful place in serious need of life. 

To cap it all, even the cathedral is closing (the Church of Scotland can't afford to keep it open).

Just as an aside, does anyone know where the city centre of Salford is, has anyone ever seen road signs pointing in the direction of Salford (rather than Manchester) City Centre? Is this the only City without a Centre? Surely it can't be the Precinct?

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Just as an aside, does anyone know where the city centre of Salford is, has anyone ever seen road signs pointing in the direction of Salford (rather than Manchester) City Centre? Is this the only City without a Centre? Surely it can't be the Precinct?

Bexley Square?

24 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I was working there late last year and it seemed a nice clean area.

I'm saying it wasn't in good nick.... or at least thats how I found it.....

I will acknowledge at the side of rotherham its a sleepy upper class village on the coast(ish). 😆

18 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm saying it wasn't in good nick.... or at least thats how I found it.....

I will acknowledge at the side of rotherham its a sleepy upper class village on the coast(ish). 😆

I don't find Rotherham that bad either

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

41 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Falkirk/Grangemouth

Thanks 

Finally found out where Queen of the South play a couple of years ago:)

I remember once on RADIO 4 (Around 30 years ago) on the sports report they said and they will be dancing in the streets of Raith tonight having secured promotion LOL 🙂 (Hard job that one isn't Gordon Brown a RR fan)

Cheers 

Paul

5 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I remember once on RADIO 4 (Around 30 years ago) on the sports report they said and they will be dancing in the streets of Raith tonight having secured promotion LOL 🙂 (Hard job that one isn't Gordon Brown a RR fan)

My first job out of university was in Plymouth. My boss was a Raith Rovers fan. His boss's boss was a Raith Rovers fan. And the General Manager of the whole place was a Raith Rovers fan.  Was quite funny when they ended up playing Bayern Munich in the Uefa Cup.

6 minutes ago, Marauder said:

What's wrong with both ?

Beetroot should be a class A substance..... it really should....

Just as an aside from simply red's music being sugar coated sheeite.... my todger is the spitting image of mick hucknall....

Of course, this is a purely subjective opinion and I respect your right to hold a different opinion......🤣🤣

I was briefly in Morecambe last night. There's a really good chippy just off the seafront, and sat on a sunny evening over looking Morecambe Bay, with the Cumbrian fells in the distant it was a beautiful scene whilst I ate my tea. I finished up, turned around, and reminded myself what the town itself was like. 😢

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

10 hours ago, gazza77 said:

I was briefly in Morecambe last night. There's a really good chippy just off the seafront, and sat on a sunny evening over looking Morecambe Bay, with the Cumbrian fells in the distant it was a beautiful scene whilst I ate my tea. I finished up, turned around, and reminded myself what the town itself was like. 😢

Last time I went to morecambe was about 15 years ago and just about every shop was closed down and every house seemingly abandoned then so I can't even imagine what it's like now. 

Archived