The Fev Families

fevnut

Following the thread started on the Featherstone Rovers Heritage Society facebook page by Benny Towler, fevnut has done some research and produced a list of families we know about. Fathers and Sons, Grandfathers and Grandsons, Uncles and Nephews, Brothers and Cousins.

Please let us know of any that we have missed.

Use the link below to access the page.

https://fevblog452.blogspot.com/2020/06/the-fev-families.html

fevnut.png

An unknown person has posted in the blog suggesting that Graham Harris and Billy Harris were brothers, that Frank Hemingway is Ian Slater's grandfather and that Carl Dooler and Vaughan Thomas were cousins. Can anyone shed any light on these?

Graham and Billy definitely brothers, I've spoken to their other brother Ray about it. Billy was heartbroken for many years about his brother's death. 

Vaughan Thomas and Carl Cooler definitely cousins. Carl Dooler also related to Steve Dooler. 

Ikram Butt's brother Tony Butt played against Hull in 1991.

Cyril Woolford was 'Choco's' dad.

'Choco' is Martyn's dad who has been a pro footballer with Scunthorpe, Bristol City, York. 

Maureen or some of the other people from Featherstone will know if Chris 'Whizzer' Welburn of the 83/84 season was any relation to Kenny Welburn.

I'm sure Paul Coventry and Jamie Coventry are related. 

Mark and Corey Aston, father and son.

David and Kevin Hobbs brothers. 

These I've mentioned may all be on your list it's just I can't see the list as I'm writing. 

Matthew and Paul Handforth 2008, Matthew making one appearance (1try) at Hilton Park, Leigh.

Just as an aside for your future research, though Iva Ropati was from a huge Rugby dynasty,  he is no relation whatsoever to Tangi Ropati. 

Apologies some are already in the list.

1 hour ago, Andrew Vause said:

Graham and Billy definitely brothers, I've spoke to their other brother Ray about it. Billy was heartbroken for many years about his brother's death. 

Vaughan Thomas and Carl Cooler definitely cousins. Carl Dooler also related to Steve Dooler. 

'Choco' is Martyn's dad who has been a pro footballer with Scunthorpe, Bristol City, York. 

Maureen or some of the other people from Featherstone will no if Chris 'Whizzer' Welburn of the 83/84 season was any relation to Kenny Welburn.

These I've mentioned may all be on your list it's just I can't see the list as I'm writing. 

Matthew and Paul Handforth 2008, Matthew making one appearance (1try) at Hilton Park, Leigh.

Just as an aside for your future research, though Iva Ropati was from a huge Rugby dynasty,  he is no relation whatsoever to Tangi Ropati. 

Really helpful is that, Andrew. But who is 'Choco'?

16 minutes ago, fevnut said:

Really helpful is that, Andrew. But who is 'Choco'?

Neil Woolford. 

Everyone knew him as 'Choco'.

Like Paul Handforth was always known as 'Tiger' and Paul Lyman as 'Bosh'

Perhaps a useful thread would be a nickname one. 

I noticed that you've got Glynn Lingard and Lee Lingard as Benny Lingard's grandsons. I'm 99% sure that Glynn is Lee's uncle so Lee would be great grandson.

Also someone like Maureen, Terry Mullaney or Steve Slater would know if Ivor was related. They were all from Sharlston so there is a distinct possibility. 

Also you've got Stan Nicholson down as Tony's uncle, I know Wikipedia also says the same but I could swear Stan was Tony and Sean's(Traveller's Saints with Jon Sharp)  dad. 

Good to see Family names continue.

Wasn't there ,also ,one if the Newloves who played for a short time for Rovers.

Good to see the mention of the Harris Bros ,(Players  not the printer who did the programmes,) was " soft centre Harris" any relation?

3 hours ago, Andrew Vause said:

Graham and Billy definitely brothers, I've spoke to their other brother Ray about it. Billy was heartbroken for many years about his brother's death. 

Maureen or some of the other people from Featherstone will know if Chris 'Whizzer' Welburn of the 83/84 season was any relation to Kenny Welburn.

I’ve replied to this earlier but it didn’t post for some reason.

Jamie is Paul’s nephew I believe 

As for Chris and Ken, I’m not to sure on that one. 

Im Fev and im proud

On a side note Dave Downs who played a few games for us and was conditioner is our relation, he’s my Dads cousin once removed 

Im Fev and im proud

59 minutes ago, Andrew Vause said:

How do I find it? Other than the one in the first post?

It's still the same page but I have done many updates of it. The link at the top will take you to the revised version 

I know they didn't all play for the first team but are Jamie, Andy, or Dave Cording related? 

It's Eric and Ray. I got to know Jamie quite well when he worked for the Fev Foundation. He was not related to the others but whether Eric and Ray are related I don't know.

I'm sure there are some Barkers that were related too. Maybe be Pete and Alan.

Possibilities amongst the Barkers: Alan, Nigel, George, Peter and Steve. Does anyone know if and how these are related.

Archived