The Fev Families

fevnut

On 24/06/2020 at 20:38, Andrew Vause said:

Steve Barker wasn't related to any, he was from Castleford. Nigel's brother is Lyza (spelling) 

There was a Brian Barker as well at Jubilee. 

Lyza's real name is Derek. The eldest brother Gordon is a big Rovers fan. Brian Barker at the Jubilee is Peter and Alan's brother.

32 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Lyza's real name is Derek. The eldest brother Gordon is a big Rovers fan. Brian Barker at the Jubilee is Peter and Alan's brother.

Good knowledge buddy. I used to drink with Lyza in Chequerfield in the early 90s in the Grove Lea, which, sadly is now a one stop. 

On 24/06/2020 at 17:42, fevnut said:

It's Eric and Ray. I got to know Jamie quite well when he worked for the Fev Foundation. He was not related to the others but whether Eric and Ray are related I don't know.

I think Jamie is Andy Cording's Step Son.

On 24/06/2020 at 20:36, Andrew Vause said:

Jack and Like Briscoe are another pair of brothers that have turned out. 

I think that there will be quite a few instances of in-laws too. 

Steve Evans and Gary Siddall were in-laws at one bit. 

The late Charlie Stone and John Newlove are Brothers in Law, so Charlie is Uncle to John's boys. Also John's Brother Dave played the odd A Team game I believe. 

On 24/06/2020 at 14:16, Andrew Vause said:

Neil Woolford. 

Everyone knew him as 'Choco'.

Like Paul Handforth was always known as 'Tiger' and Paul Lyman as 'Bosh'

Perhaps a useful thread would be a nickname one. 

That would be a good idea, especially if someone posted the nicknames but not the identities of the players and we had to guess.

I don't know if we have had enough "unusual " nicknames though. Choco, Tiger and Bosh were all good ones that you couldn't guess from their names. Pee Wee and Stilts are two other obvious ones, and in the modern day Iro and Tuna. But I couldn't think of many others off the top of my head (and you can't count "Baby Faced Assassin", as Tuuta hated that and nobody ever called him it really anyway bar that Aussie commentator and other journos).

On 24/06/2020 at 17:42, fevnut said:

It's Eric and Ray. I got to know Jamie quite well when he worked for the Fev Foundation. He was not related to the others but whether Eric and Ray are related I don't know.

Dave Cording played for the reserves in the early/ mid 80s. Andy played winger for Featherstone high school Ca 1999. 

On 26/06/2020 at 13:13, marklaspalmas said:

Legs Elford, Butch Payne, Happy Jacob's, for the older fans.

My favourite nicknames are Keith Bridges, Charlie Stone, Billy Harris.

I think William is Billy Harris' give 2nd name rather than nickname. 

It used to say 'William Harris' over the door of The Houghton pub when he was landlord. 

1 hour ago, Andrew Vause said:

Dave Cording played for the reserves in the early/ mid 80s. Andy played winger for Featherstone high school Ca 1999. 

Jeff Cording played in the A Team, and I think he was Sub for the First Team on one occasion at Hull. His brother Keith played for Featherstone Miners Welfare and the Travellers as did Jeff. Sadly both are no longer with us.

15 hours ago, Jimmy B said:

Can’t believe no-ones mentioned Tommy (loose forward) and Ian Smales. 
And what about John Hay and former coach Andy Hay.

Both of those are already in the blog page, although Andy Hay is the only person in the list who didn't play for Fev.

17 hours ago, Jimmy B said:

Can’t believe no-ones mentioned Tommy (loose forward) and Ian Smales. 
And what about John Hay and former coach Andy Hay.

These were mentioned on the Facebook page. 

Im Fev and im proud

• 1 year later...

Archived