Catalans to play in front of home crowds next month

6 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Yes but will all the teams have to quarantine for 14 days when they get back to England? 

I thought that UK government was going to get deals with some countries where upon people returning to this country don't have to go into quarantine, and vice versa, but l could be wrong

I suspect that, for the usual petty reasons demonstrated by professional politicians, government ministers will not want to scrap the quarantine requirement, as that would imply it was inappropriate, or poorly conceived, in the first place.  However, it could well get watered down.

As The Daddy rightly says, 'air bridges' are a likely solution, but perhaps the categories of those exempt from quarantine may get some generous tweaks.

Currently, you can be exempt if you can demonstrate that you live abroad but work in the UK and travel here at least once a week to work.  If this was stretched to a fortnight, then that would cover Les Dracs, I would have thought.

I could also see a new category being added for professional sportsmen and women in general.

Archived