Fri 26 Jun: NRL: Sydney Roosters v St George Illawarra Dragons KO 10.55am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sydney Roosters
    • St George Illawarra Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/06/20 at 10:30

If the Roosters don't win this, then it is the news sensation of the round.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Possible Banana skin for the Roosters, For the following reasons:

• First an sub-origin style clash with the Eels may take something out of the Roosters players late on in this game
  • In which case a fast start by the Roosters would be essential with the need to build up a cushion on the scoreboard by the end of the first half
  • Dragons will gain confidence the deeper they can take the game remaining within a score of the Roosters

On the other hand a Roosters - Broncos type blowout will spell the end for Paul McGregor even if it is selection by committee at SGI these days. The sacking of Steven Kearney and the damn the consequences approach of the Warriors ownership with a potential $ 2 million AUD payout to the former coach  is sending a shiver down the spine of many a coach and board as pressure bulids from mambers.to do the same at Dragons and elsewhere.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

The Sydney Roosters will cruise to a comfortable win over St. George-Illawarra Dragons , even without the world’s number one player, James Tedesco. There is just too much talent at the Roosters to allow even Tedesco’s absence to derail the club’s drive towards a third premiership in a row.

Ryan Hall gets a start again. Hope he gets a chance to get over the line today.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Ryan Hall to get his first Roosters try today.

Edit: Or maybe not, he's playing outside Mitch Aubusson.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Ryan Hall gets a start again. Hope he gets a chance to get over the line today.

In saying that he just got caught out for a try to the Dragons.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Roosters run away with it.

The Dragons gave it a shake for most of the game, couldn’t stay with the Roosters at the end.

What a great team this Roosters outfit are.  They have as big a will to win that I have seen in any rugby team for a long time.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Can't help feeling that the Dragons taking the two points on 47 minutes to go 12-10 up was a mistake (and I thought that at the time as well).

You don't beat the Roosters by being 2 points up with 30 minutes to go, I know it is tempting to go in front but they had to look for more at that point in the game.

15 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Can't help feeling that the Dragons taking the two points on 47 minutes to go 12-10 up was a mistake (and I thought that at the time as well).

You don't beat the Roosters by being 2 points up with 30 minutes to go, I know it is tempting to go in front but they had to look for more at that point in the game.

The Roosters have a great defense as well as attack.

Many teams would take the two on offer.

Off topic.

But I am not sure if many English fans realise the the Roosters are widely despised in Australia for buying players developed elsewhere and have little or no Junior Clubs or Rugby League development in their area.

Its an area that Blue collar Rugby League fans left about 90 years ago.

Most appreciate they are a great Team and are as good as plenty of money can buy.

There best player is their Accountant and third party sponsorship manager.

6 minutes ago, Allora said:

Off topic.

But I am not sure if many English fans realise the the Roosters are widely despised in Australia for buying players developed elsewhere and have little or no Junior Clubs or Rugby League development in their area.

Its an area that Blue collar Rugby League fans left about 90 years ago.

Most appreciate they are a great Team and are as good as plenty of money can buy.

There best player is their Accountant and third party sponsorship manager.

I was certainly aware that they were not popular - however, I was always under the impression that Manly were the most disliked club outside of their own fans.

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I was certainly aware that they were not popular - however, I was always under the impression that Manly were the most disliked club outside of their own fans.

Manly used to be back when they had money and won a few Premierships.

They were the Roosters of yesteryear.

At least they had some Juniors from the Peninsular.

The Roosters have always had wealthy backers in the last few decades, they have been like the Wigan team back in the 80's but with more competition from other teams in Australia than Wigan had in England

Archived