Mike McMeeken signs for Catalans (Merged Threads)

Well, that was informative.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Whitley and McMeeken on the edges is good. Catalans should be a force in Super League but have always lacked discipline. 

I think its nothing to do with the travel as people think

I think its seem as a jolly by the players who go there 

Only way to get the passion going is if they have a French minimum quota... Say 10 of the 17 each game minimum

They might lose more initially but the investment would be worth it

11 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I think its nothing to do with the travel as people think

I think its seem as a jolly by the players who go there 

Only way to get the passion going is if they have a French minimum quota... Say 10 of the 17 each game minimum

They might lose more initially but the investment would be worth it

If they want to do that, they’d have to be happy to accept the possibility of relegation. They’re not, so they don’t have so many French players. 

How many second rows do we need, Garcia, Tomkins, Whitley,  Julien, goudemand, baitieri, seguier, a couple of young up and coming French players in the reserves (chan counts as French for me) and now mc meeken. 

Feel like theres still more to come from McMeeken. Hope the change of scenery helps him take his game up a level.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

4 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Great signing by Catalan 

I agree, hullfan, it would be a good signing.  What is your source for the information?

31 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I agree, hullfan, it would be a good signing.  What is your source for the information?

I just get told things by people who are also in the know mate. Got quite a lot of connections in this game and also in the media. Once I retired I kept alot of friends within the game! 

10 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

I just get told things by people who are also in the know mate. Got quite a lot of connections in this game and also in the media. Once I retired I kept alot of friends within the game! 

Understood.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

The Hull Daily Mail?

It was on their website this morning a few hours before this thread was started.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

13 hours ago, Hullfan said:

I just get told things by people who are also in the know mate.

Like snapski you mean?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

A few years ago he was one of the best 2nd rowers in SL, but the last year or so his form has really dipped and gone from someone who looked like an international to an average club man.

Maybe a change of scenery will help him regain his form as he's got the basic talent to push for an international call up.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Archived