Championship clubs still in deadlock

15 minutes ago, dkw said:

You are a disgusting ingrate, begging clubs to help then wanting them to get stuffed just because you have a sugar daddy pumping money in. I would never want a fan of any RL clubs to have to go through the pain of seeing their club potentially disappearing, but you and your ilk couldnt care less for the rest of the game, just your own club. None of your concerns about this have the good of the game at mind, you just want to see your club promoted and you see it slipping away after good old degsy piled a load more cash in. There`s 25 clubs that this impacts on, there`s 3 maybe 4 that can survive without their usual match day income and you are fortunate that your club is one of them, and that`s all down to one man but you couldnt care less if those other "Pub teams" go under. 

More to the point, if Degsy walks under a bus tomorrow then Leigh will suddenly become one of the so-called 'pub teams'.

Leigh are just fortunate that one of their fans happens to have done well in business, and doesn't mind throwing his money at the club. 

Any one of the so-called 'pub team's would immediately be elevated to the level of Leigh should one of their fans hit the lottery jackpot this weekend.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Any one of the so-called 'pub team's would immediately be elevated to the level of Leigh should one of their fans hit the lottery jackpot this weekend.

Erm actually, not mine if you don't mind. I wouldn't want anyone to think there is a blanket commitment from people on this forum to throwing money away.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

18 minutes ago, dkw said:

You are a disgusting ingrate, begging clubs to help then wanting them to get stuffed just because you have a sugar daddy pumping money in. I would never want a fan of any RL clubs to have to go through the pain of seeing their club potentially disappearing, but you and your ilk couldnt care less for the rest of the game, just your own club. None of your concerns about this have the good of the game at mind, you just want to see your club promoted and you see it slipping away after good old degsy piled a load more cash in. There`s 25 clubs that this impacts on, there`s 3 maybe 4 that can survive without their usual match day income and you are fortunate that your club is one of them, and that`s all down to one man but you couldnt care less if those other "Pub teams" go under. 

"Just your own club" you say, off course and just as the next TV deal comes along the and monies are withdrawn below SL you will have to add another 12 clubs into your hate catalogue dkw, you can then accuse them of not caring either.

Their ain't that many clubs who can survive without the additional funding that the TV money gives them without it they will suffer the indignation of closing the gates for good be it in SL, Championship or Div 1, was Mr Beaumont speculating on getting into SL before this present TV contract concludes, I guess he was, was it his gamble on speculating to accumulate, I guess it was, will he still be around if funding is stopped and P&R is abolished, I guess he won't, could this season have been the last chance saloon for promotion to SL I honestly expect it will be unless Mr Rimmer grows a big pair of the dangly bits and insists it is maintained.

This situation the game is in at the moment is highlighting just what a lot of people of been saying for a long time of just how a lot of clubs are in a financial precarious position, even the owners of two of our biggest clubs in Hull and Wigan have taken to penning letters requesting fans to donate their season ticket costs, Salford, Wakefield and HKR are crying poverty and nearly everyone of the other 26 clubs below SL will be fortunate to suvive the next 18 months if another wave of CV-19 hits.

Being a fan of club outside of SL dkw you must be very concerned for the future I know I am, would I want to be back in SL and seeing 6,500 (average in '17) fans in the LSV again, to right I would, it is not a case of wanting to carry on and stuff the rest, if a number of clubs want to play on and try to acheive the ultimate prize of promotion what are they doing that will affect those clubs who don't want to play and are allowed to take that action without penalties for fear of not being able to meet their financial needs and go out of buisness because of it, in that scenario who is the victim of the circumstance, those who don't want to play or those who do who will not be affecting them in anyway at all?

4 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

Again how come others that are bigger such as Wimbledon,UEFA with the Euros and Olympic Games committee have had the balls and guts to make a call and decide to postpone?

Hardly balls and guts  all three were due to happen in june july and august this year and  because of the number of cases world wide they were always going to be cancelled

52 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

More to the point, if Degsy walks under a bus tomorrow then Leigh will suddenly become one of the so-called 'pub teams'.

Leigh are just fortunate that one of their fans happens to have done well in business, and doesn't mind throwing his money at the club. 

Of course that is the situation Paul, I consider myself and other Leigh fans to be fortunate that "one of our own" who has made good wants to financially support his town team, I have said this many times there are a lot of people who say "if I had the money I would put it into my local team" Mr Beaumont said that and he has done it, don't chastice the Leigh club because of it, I wish every club could have the local guy made good who wants to back his team, how is he any different from a Leneghan, McManus or Moran in that respect?

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

"Just your own club" you say, off course and just as the next TV deal comes along the and monies are withdrawn below SL you will have to add another 12 clubs into your hate catalogue dkw, you can then accuse them of not caring either.

Their ain't that many clubs who can survive without the additional funding that the TV money gives them without it they will suffer the indignation of closing the gates for good be it in SL, Championship or Div 1, was Mr Beaumont speculating on getting into SL before this present TV contract concludes, I guess he was, was it his gamble on speculating to accumulate, I guess it was, will he still be around if funding is stopped and P&R is abolished, I guess he won't, could this season have been the last chance saloon for promotion to SL I honestly expect it will be unless Mr Rimmer grows a big pair of the dangly bits and insists it is maintained.

This situation the game is in at the moment is highlighting just what a lot of people of been saying for a long time of just how a lot of clubs are in a financial precarious position, even the owners of two of our biggest clubs in Hull and Wigan have taken to penning letters requesting fans to donate their season ticket costs, Salford, Wakefield and HKR are crying poverty and nearly everyone of the other 26 clubs below SL will be fortunate to suvive the next 18 months if another wave of CV-19 hits.

Being a fan of club outside of SL dkw you must be very concerned for the future I know I am, would I want to be back in SL and seeing 6,500 (average in '17) fans in the LSV again, to right I would, it is not a case of wanting to carry on and stuff the rest, if a number of clubs want to play on and try to acheive the ultimate prize of promotion what are they doing that will affect those clubs who don't want to play and are allowed to take that action without penalties for fear of not being able to meet their financial needs and go out of buisness because of it, in that scenario who is the victim of the circumstance, those who don't want to play or those who do who will not be affecting them in anyway at all?

You know what Harry (Broncos fan here) this is why i loved the Super 8,s it was brilliant we got to play 7 matches v SL sides if we finished in the Top 4 with a possibility of a SL place .

Even if we didn't make it who cared we had the chance of another go the following season it just kept the interest going right until the end.

Paul

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Of course that is the situation Paul, I consider myself and other Leigh fans to be fortunate that "one of our own" who has made good wants to financially support his town team, I have said this many times there are a lot of people who say "if I had the money I would put it into my local team" Mr Beaumont said that and he has done it, don't chastice the Leigh club because of it, I wish every club could have the local guy made good who wants to back his team, how is he any different from a Leneghan, McManus or Moran in that respect?

He isn't people like him and all the others are brilliant ?

5 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

You know what Harry (Broncos fan here) this is why i loved the Super 8,s it was brilliant we got to play 7 matches v SL sides if we finished in the Top 4 with a possibility of a SL place .

Even if we didn't make it who cared we had the chance of another go the following season it just kept the interest going right until the end.

Paul

Regarding the 8's Ioved every minute of them and Leigh were involved in all but one.

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

No possibly a 5 team comp, Newcastle could not play in the Championship and it is stupid to even suggest so which makes your post quite ridiculous.

Not really - a five team comp is even worse than a six team comp.  You're never going to get the RFL to agree to that.

Presumably you want Newcastle to go up on the basis of finishing first in a field of one.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

18 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

An absolute farce and joke.

And then clubs wonder why the game is on its ass when they cannot make a decision.

What's farcical is that half a dozen clubs won't accept being out-voted.

It's a bit like Scots wanting independence referenda until they get the decision they want.

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I know that Scotchy, but it falls in line with some of the stupid and ridiculous comments you publish.

??

7 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I don’t have all the facts and figures, so I’m not sure tbh. 

I don’t feel comfortable with a short-form Championship with promotion and a side relegated from Super League after going through 22 games in 14 weeks. 

So its been announced that SL will be cut to 22 games this season with each club playing every other club twice just 15 games to play now, no need now to feel uncomfortable Hela, what could be better to sort out the worst team to relegate no loopy fixtures just an honest to goodness round robin of games, and also games are to played at a single venue so lots of clubs will not be playing at home as you singled out Toronto for having no home games,  they couldn't play at home anyway such are travel restrictions to Canada so no excuses there.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

So its been announced that SL will be cut to 22 games this season with each club playing every other club twice just 15 games to play now, no need now to feel uncomfortable Hela, what could be better to sort out the worst team to relegate no loopy fixtures just an honest to goodness round robin of games, and also games are to played at a single venue so lots of clubs will not be playing at home as you singled out Toronto for having no home games,  they couldn't play at home anyway such are travel restrictions to Canada so no excuses there.

I still don’t feel comfortable with a minimum of a three team second tier making their own competition for a promotion that none of them were even guaranteed. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That is not conclusive yet, no metion of relegation in today's announcement it is still on the cards then, I wonder why?

Its still on the cards because its not a decision Super League can make unilaterally. They have to wait until the Championship decides to resume or void to make an appropriate decision.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That is not conclusive yet, no metion of relegation in today's announcement it is still on the cards then, I wonder why?

It’s not purely Super League’s decision and given the meeting after meeting about meetings that are yet to take place in the Championship, it might be a while till they get their ducks in order and a decision can be made. 

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Its still on the cards because its not a decision Super League can make unilaterally. They have to wait until the Championship decides to resume or void to make an appropriate decision.

Expected that to be the case. But where there is hope there is life. 

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It’s not purely Super League’s decision and given the meeting after meeting about meetings that are yet to take place in the Championship, it might be a while till they get their ducks in order and a decision can be made. 

But honestly Hela, if some teams do not want to take the field in the Championship why should it hold back those who do? 

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Expected that to be the case. But where there is hope there is life. 

True, but I think its reasonable to assume they're just waiting for the Championship and L1 to void on a majority vote.

Archived