Championship clubs still in deadlock

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

They could join SL if they were in a position to add to it. 

And SL should expand and expand expand,  As long a it is taking in clubs who are adding to it and growing the pie 

And where is the money coming from that is the argument going on now where is the money to fund these clubs.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, POR said:

what a load of rubbish FEV applied and were turned down for the reasons I stated but you just ignore them they applied well before categories for academy's came in which started six years ago 

catagories are 

1 outstanding

2 good

3 requires attention 

4 weak

from the    the four teams you mentioned only widnes have been and still  are cat 1  the other 3 have never been cat 1 london and newcatle are both good so cat 2 don't  know about bradford now but in 2017/18 they were cat 3 

That's just wrong. The Category a club's academy is in is nothing to do with being 'outstanding', 'good' etc, which are grades given to individual academies based on assessments much like school Ofsted inspections. Bradford Academy is (and has been for a while) Cat1 even though they may have been judged to 'require improvement'.

So, I see that there is still a deadlock in the Championship until tomorrow's board meeting. This doesn't seem to have prevented the Fev chairman getting his complaints in first.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/rovers-aiming-for-season-resumption-y1wyT

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It’s amazing that Campbell isn’t working in government or in a position of real authority with his “suitable date for a resumption with fans” comments.

Not sure he should be abusing Super League either, where they have got all their ducks in a row and are announcing fixtures tomorrow, while the RFL lot are holding meetings about meetings weekly and are at loggerheads and he’s accusing the RFL of not answering his questions about the definition of a “meaningful season”. 

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It’s amazing that Campbell isn’t working in government or in a position of real authority with his “suitable date for a resumption with fans” comments.

Not sure he should be abusing Super League either, where they have got all their ducks in a row and are announcing fixtures tomorrow, while the RFL lot are holding meetings about meetings weekly and are at loggerheads and he’s accusing the RFL of not answering his questions about the definition of a “meaningful season”. 

Where has he abused SL?

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

The number of people outside Super League, who criticise Super League, but want to be in Super League is always amusing.

I think the criticism of SL from those with ambition to get promoted, is due to many who are in it not wanting anyone else to have a chance of getting there. 

5 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

A club like Fev can run an academy, as clubs like Fev do.

What they couldnt do is run an academy as they used to. The RFL categorized the academies and to qualify for the Cat 1 funding you have to reach a certain standard. You have to apply to reach that standard and you are evaluated. 

You don't have to be an SL club to gain that standard, Bradford, Widnes, London and Newcastle have it. You just have to apply. 

And you don't have to be an expansion club. Though it will break some of our resident Leigh fans hearts to admit the truth, that they could run an academy if they invested in that instead of Promotion, it is still the truth https://www.totalrl.com/beaumont-reveals-long-term-plans-reserve-academy-rugby-leigh/

5 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

A club like Fev can run an academy, as clubs like Fev do.

What they couldnt do is run an academy as they used to. The RFL categorized the academies and to qualify for the Cat 1 funding you have to reach a certain standard. You have to apply to reach that standard and you are evaluated. 

You don't have to be an SL club to gain that standard, Bradford, Widnes, London and Newcastle have it. You just have to apply. 

And you don't have to be an expansion club. Though it will break some of our resident Leigh fans hearts to admit the truth, that they could run an academy if they invested in that instead of Promotion, it is still the truth https://www.totalrl.com/beaumont-reveals-long-term-plans-reserve-academy-rugby-leigh/

This was set up after relegation http://www.tommysaleyouth.co.uk/content/  Relegation did scupper our Academy plans

So, when will all the fans, Sponsors, Kit Sponsors, Match sponsors, training gear sponsors, advertisement board sponsors, corporate sponsors, programmes sponsors, club TV sponsors, be getting  a refund for their 2020 investment?

3 minutes ago, binosh said:

So, when will all the fans, Sponsors, Kit Sponsors, Match sponsors, training gear sponsors, advertisement board sponsors, corporate sponsors, programmes sponsors, club TV sponsors, be getting  a refund for their 2020 investment?

They will be offered HMV gift cards.

19 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Any team can run an academy, most teams just don't because of the finances. Aka, they'd spend it all on the first team and not think about the long term future of the club / game.

Not so.  It has to be RFL approved.

Otherwise, you've no-one to play.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

8 minutes ago, binosh said:

I'm really not in favour of this attitude 

5 minutes ago, binosh said:

That's down to the deal the club strikes with individual sponsors and the fans.

If we look at the deals various soccer clubs have offered, fans seem to have been given a choice of refund, discount against next year's ticket, waiver of refund. Interestingly, amongst the lower leagues, waiver amounts to around 70% of cases.

Business sponsors' deals will, no doubt, remain confidential though I'd expect them to have similar options.

1 minute ago, Griff said:

That's down to the deal the club strikes with individual sponsors and the fans.

If we look at the deals various soccer clubs have offered, fans seem to have been given a choice of refund, discount against next year's ticket, waiver of refund. Interestingly, amongst the lower leagues, waiver amounts to around 70% of cases.

Business sponsors' deals will, no doubt, remain confidential though I'd expect them to have similar options.

Aye. Rhinos have just released our plans for Members and they are all pretty good 

Club keeps the money and member gets corporate experience next year plus some other exclusive type stuff including a price freeze for 3 seasons.

Split refund credit over the next 3 seasons memberships

Straight refund.

Only thing I would add is giving all junior members a home shirt for xmas or something along those lines.

But otherwise I really don't see how as a fan of a team you'd go for option 3 and then still turn up next year.

A problem that's just occurred to me as far as L1's concerned is that West Wales Raiders and North Wales Crusaders restart plans will be dependent on the Welsh Assembly, not Westminster. What happens then? Given that the Welsh government seems work to different rules to England ( there's a pub near me with its car park in England and its building in Wales so it's having to stay shut and the pub on the opposite side of the road's in England and open), what will they do if we restart?

3 hours ago, binosh said:

For Championship clubs I imagine that most will waive any refunds.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

A problem that's just occurred to me as far as L1's concerned is that West Wales Raiders and North Wales Crusaders restart plans will be dependent on the Welsh Assembly, not Westminster. What happens then? Given that the Welsh government seems work to different rules to England ( there's a pub near me with its car park in England and its building in Wales so it's having to stay shut and the pub on the opposite side of the road's in England and open), what will they do if we restart?

I know the financial levels are a lot different but in football's Championship both Swansea and Cardiff are playing games both home and away so the Welsh Assembly have already approved team sports fixtures being held. Should the season restart for League 1 then I imagine WWR and NWC will both be able to play, as it looks very unlikely that a restart would happen at that level prior to at least limited crowds being permitted and games for those clubs won't involve more than a few hundred fans attending.

Assuming the green light is given for fans to attend in say September, it would almost certainly be based on 20% of the stadiums capacity. Now I’m guessing that a lot of Championship and League 1 clubs could accommodate this quite easily and get their usual crowd in without any restrictions, but are there some teams who have very low ground capacities who couldn’t even work with this? I’m thinking when I watched the Oldham v Thunder play off game online that Oldhams  stadium looked really small so Oldham could be seriously affected even if crowds are allowed, what about North Wales, West Wales and Skolors? I know their crowds are small, but so are their stadiums. 

5 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

Assuming the green light is given for fans to attend in say September, it would almost certainly be based on 20% of the stadiums capacity. Now I’m guessing that a lot of Championship and League 1 clubs could accommodate this quite easily and get their usual crowd in without any restrictions, but are there some teams who have very low ground capacities who couldn’t even work with this? I’m thinking when I watched the Oldham v Thunder play off game online that Oldhams  stadium looked really small so Oldham could be seriously affected even if crowds are allowed, what about North Wales, West Wales and Skolors? I know their crowds are small, but so are their stadiums. 

London 

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

London 

Good point. Forgot that they now play out of Trailfinders, plus I guess Sheffield too.

So I expect the desire to restart the season will diminish now that the RFL have confirmed there wont be any P&R, or will they still want to play for the good of the game........

I think a lot of weight will be taken off this decision now with the expected cancellation of P/R.

The impetus to restart ASAP will be gone and we'll see teams go for a september/October/November set of fixtures with crowds.

17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

For Championship clubs I imagine that most will waive any refunds.

Which would mean that the club can reclaim the VAT.

Every little helps.🤞

Archived