Championship clubs still in deadlock

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

The sentence ended with a question mark, Johnny.

What was the question then, Steve?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, whatmichaelsays said:

My personal view (and it is just that) is that ensuring that clubs are only taking on costs and salaries when they are viable (the very thing the furlough scheme was designed to do) is a greater interest than letting a decking salesman play with his toys. The sport has greater obligations than simply appeasing the problem child at the back of the class. 

I can’t decide if being clueless allows you to be stupid or vice versa

5 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

I can’t decide if being clueless allows you to be stupid or vice versa

Come on then genius, what's the solution? A solution that doesn't throw clubs under the financial bus to appease the whims of others? 

And let me remind you, stamping your feet and calling other clubs "pub teams" for not having a 'fan-done-good' as owner hasn't been that successful for you thus far..... 

1 hour ago, whatmichaelsays said:

My personal view (and it is just that) is that ensuring that clubs are only taking on costs and salaries when they are viable (the very thing the furlough scheme was designed to do) is a greater interest than letting a decking salesman play with his toys. The sport has greater obligations than simply appeasing the problem child at the back of the class. 

Results in the assassination of one guy from 14 owners, all of whom will look at their own particular circumstances and put forward what is best in the interests of their own clubs.

That child at the back of the class has not (as far as I have been informed) suggested any club should be submitted to anything that will compromise their financial viability in the long run, what is suggested is that THOSE CLUBS who wish to re-enter a competition to compefe for promotion should be allowed to do so, whilst those who prefer to sit it out can also take that course of action, if at such a stage paying spectator's are allowed back into the stadia, then those clubs who declined to play on could arrange fixtures between themselves as friendlies or for some 'emergency' trophy, win win all round for everyone.

14 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

Come on then genius, what's the solution? A solution that doesn't throw clubs under the financial bus to appease the whims of others? 

And let me remind you, stamping your feet and calling other clubs "pub teams" for not having a 'fan-done-good' as owner hasn't been that successful for you thus far..... 

You really do have a bee in your bonnet Micheal.

4 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

You wouldn’t realise it, probably does the raffle for a pub team

He's a fan of that pub team that just spent £40 million redeveloping their own stadium, have won back to back challenge cups, world club challenges and 8 Super League titles...

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

What was the question then, Steve?

Sorry for the late reply Johnny, been out for the afternoon.

When I wrote "It seems" it was meant to be more of a speculative inference or question rather than a downright accusation. 

7 hours ago, SL17 said:

I don’t disagree in what you’re saying. I think we debated this a while back. As in people sat on their behinds and no input for the future.

The thread shows a partition in what clubs want to do and what they don’t want to do.

Basically some of them need spoon feeding.

You still havent told us what you have been doing during the lockdown to move the game on.

14 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Maybe he does'nt like being called clueless and stupid.Or do you find those replies acceptable.

As in my post I was commenting on his description of one man in particular, not the statement made by another poster that is why I highlighted the part I was referring to, if you care to look back you will see that.

7 hours ago, SL17 said:

So if you have no particular dog in this hunt! Why call a chairman out? As Harry states you do have a bee in your bonnet.

I think the comments WMS put there are an entirely objective view of the situation. 

7 hours ago, SL17 said:

I’ll show you.  It’s below. Pay particular attention to the words in BOLD.

Along with my refrained reply.

Glad to help.

So you don't like him having a dig at Degsy,but you are happy to slag off other clubs who don't agree with your beloved chairman.

Maybe he should'nt call Degsy but if that makes him clueless and stupid then surely it follows that you are the same.

32 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I think the comments WMS put there are an entirely objective view of the situation. 

Objection over ruled by this poster Tommy, as I said in my post and reasoned why it was a character assassination, tell me have you ever seen reference that Mr Beaumont is suggesting clubs in the Championship who wish to sit out this season should not be allowed to do so?

Is this thread now just people arguing whether it is OK to call someone clueless and stupid for insulting Beaumont? 

It's been a real exciting read up to this point ..

As a London fan, I am still pretty indifferent about the 2020 season - If it just gets cancelled and we restart in 2021, I personally wouldn't mind -

I would like to watch some live rugby again this year, but I couldn't really care less if we are playing for promotion or just some silly cup for a season.

7 minutes ago, Click said:

Is this thread now just people arguing whether it is OK to call someone clueless and stupid for insulting Beaumont? 

It's been a real exciting read up to this point ..

As a London fan, I am still pretty indifferent about the 2020 season - If it just gets cancelled and we restart in 2021, I personally wouldn't mind -

I would like to watch some live rugby again this year, but I couldn't really care less if we are playing for promotion or just some silly cup for a season.

Fully understand and respect your position Click, my take is that I am not up for going to watch friendly fixtures or the contrived silly cup you mention, each to our own I suppose.

Archived