Championship clubs still in deadlock

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Objection over ruled by this poster Tommy, as I said in my post and reasoned why it was a character assassination, tell me have you ever seen reference that Mr Beaumont is suggesting clubs in the Championship who wish to sit out this season should not be allowed to do so?

I've seen plenty of reference to Mr Beaumont (local lad done good decking salesman as factually stated by WMS) throwing his toys out of the pram bc he's thus far only half convinced Fev to carry on at all costs. His 16 team 4 relegated Super League idea has been denied, his 13 team idea is unlikely at best. None of his other ideas have gotten traction and have inspired comments of "pub teams" to describe most of the Championship competitors. I understand him throwing toys out of the pram, I'd be frustrated too. However, as I've always said, the route for Mr Beaumont to get what he wants has always been far more diplomatic and conciliatory - I fear the moment for that may have passed.

Looking honestly H, would you risk restarting with the uncertainty now when the prime driver behind that restart has shown less than 3 years ago that should his teams promotion bid fail he would walk mid season? On top of everything else that fact alone won't fill many with confidence at Mr Beaumont's prudence or judgement for the Championship. 

Just now, SL17 said:

If you think stating some clubs need spoon feeding is slagging them off. 
You’re kidding yourself. It’s fact and fans like you need to stop making excuses and hiding from those facts.

The Championship is most definitely a division within a division.

Just some cannot accept that.

People in glass houses...

18 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

When’s the next meeting about a meeting planned?

The dates were all detaied in the RFL press release. I assume that you read it.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Results in the assassination of one guy from 14 owners, all of whom will look at their own particular circumstances and put forward what is best in the interests of their own clubs.

That child at the back of the class has not (as far as I have been informed) suggested any club should be submitted to anything that will compromise their financial viability in the long run, what is suggested is that THOSE CLUBS who wish to re-enter a competition to compefe for promotion should be allowed to do so, whilst those who prefer to sit it out can also take that course of action, if at such a stage paying spectator's are allowed back into the stadia, then those clubs who declined to play on could arrange fixtures between themselves as friendlies or for some 'emergency' trophy, win win all round for everyone.

And, as been pointed out time and again, the SL clubs would not agree to promotion from any such arrangement, under any circumstances. Snookered again Harry.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 minutes ago, SL17 said:

If you think stating some clubs need spoon feeding is slagging them off. 
You’re kidding yourself. It’s fact and fans like you need to stop making excuses and hiding from those facts.

The Championship is most definitely a division within a division.

Just some cannot accept that.

That has been stated and acknowledged for years. I fail to see what relevance this has to restarting the Championship whilst the country is still in the throes of a massive crisis. Insulting other clubs, their owners and their supporters simply because your own club has been frustrated in its short-term ambitions adds absolutely nothing to the debate, does it?

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

As in my post I was commenting on his description of one man in particular, not the statement made by another poster that is why I highlighted the part I was referring to, if you care to look back you will see that.

Fair enough Harry.I,m just a bit fed up of some of the comments of a couple of your fans.

Yes,you are right in your assumptions about Stan and my team.It's a few years ago now,but I think Terry Gorman brought him to the Mount along with Tommy Martyn from Leigh amateur rugby(possibly Leigh Miners).Two brilliant signings for Batley.

8 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

No I didn’t. Enlighten me. 

"RFL press release". Try the internet, it is a truly marvelous thing I am told. I don't like doing the heavy lifting for other people, if that's all the same to you.

7 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Woke up on wrong side of the bed Johnathon? 

Nope. You asked a question, I told you where the answer was. I have grandchildren who will act in the same way as long as you do everything for them.

36 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I've seen plenty of reference to Mr Beaumont (local lad done good decking salesman as factually stated by WMS) throwing his toys out of the pram bc he's thus far only half convinced Fev to carry on at all costs. His 16 team 4 relegated Super League idea has been denied, his 13 team idea is unlikely at best. None of his other ideas have gotten traction and have inspired comments of "pub teams" to describe most of the Championship competitors. I understand him throwing toys out of the pram, I'd be frustrated too. However, as I've always said, the route for Mr Beaumont to get what he wants has always been far more diplomatic and conciliatory - I fear the moment for that may have passed.

Looking honestly H, would you risk restarting with the uncertainty now when the prime driver behind that restart has shown less than 3 years ago that should his teams promotion bid fail he would walk mid season? On top of everything else that fact alone won't fill many with confidence at Mr Beaumont's prudence or judgement for the Championship. 

FEV have proposed an october start with the possibility of crowds and openly said If it comes down to the decision that the season cannot resume until 2021, they will accept that,  that's hardly

Fev to carry on at all costs

2 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Yours does? Let’s see. But don’t forget a week on Friday you’ll have to wear a mask whilst shopping.

Your ok until then, just plod along as normal.

No problem SL17, I have been wearing a mask for the past four weeks when shopping, largely because I recognise the crisis for what it is; not simply as an inconvenience to a RL club's ambitions. I could remind you of your comments about Covid-19 and its dangers some weeks ago, but that might be unkind, so I won't.

Stay safe.

Just now, POR said:

FEV have proposed an october start with the possibility of crowds and openly said If it comes down to the decision that the season cannot resume until 2021, they will accept that,  that's hardly

Fev to carry on at all costs

"Half convinced" if you read the full post. 

Fev initially came out very pro-restart then have been backtracking ever since.

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

"Half convinced" if you read the full post. 

Fev initially came out very pro-restart then have been backtracking ever since.

I did read the full post and an october start has always been FEV's  policy but as far as to be pro start they did say 

“You may also have seen the comments made by Leigh Centurions Chairman, Derek Beaumont on the situation regarding the working groups and I would like to express that I am fully behind Derek in his frustrations, we need the governing body to explore every positive outcome possible to help us achieve getting the season back-up and running.It is important that the RFL and Clubs work together to try and explore all potential solutions and not settle for a negative result until all avenues have been explored fully. We will continue to work hard and explore as many avenues as possible to enable a positive outcome in these unprecedented times.  

6 minutes ago, POR said:

I did read the full post and an october start has always been FEV's  policy but as far as to be pro start they did say 

“You may also have seen the comments made by Leigh Centurions Chairman, Derek Beaumont on the situation regarding the working groups and I would like to express that I am fully behind Derek in his frustrations, we need the governing body to explore every positive outcome possible to help us achieve getting the season back-up and running.It is important that the RFL and Clubs work together to try and explore all potential solutions and not settle for a negative result until all avenues have been explored fully. We will continue to work hard and explore as many avenues as possible to enable a positive outcome in these unprecedented times.  

So in short, Beaumont "half-convinced Fev"

Thanks for that.

44 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

And, as been pointed out time and again, the SL clubs would not agree to promotion from any such arrangement, under any circumstances. Snookered again Harry.

Please point me in the direction that officially says that P&R has been shelved for this season johnny, as far as I know the last I heard was that it will be discussed and deliberated in the meeting on the 23rd July, until then not snookered at all, I can still see some of the object ball.

Unless of course you know better, if so  please share.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

You still have not answered what was a very relevant question I posted to you in reaction to you backing WMS stating Mr B wants to compromise the well being of poorer clubs in the Championship by suggesting all the teams play on regardless, for some reason you are avoiding answering that question which was what I stated in reaction to WMS's post.

1 hour ago, gittinsfan said:

Fair enough Harry.I,m just a bit fed up of some of the comments of a couple of your fans.

Yes,you are right in your assumptions about Stan and my team.It's a few years ago now,but I think Terry Gorman brought him to the Mount along with Tommy Martyn from Leigh amateur rugby(possibly Leigh Miners).Two brilliant signings for Batley.

I knew Tommy very well god bless him, I go back a long long way with Terry and Stan, in fact Terry arranged a pre-season friendly at the Mount in '69 made up from Amatuer lads from Leigh, which Terry christend the Lancashire Juniors I played at 16 years of age against the old pro's of Batley and it was certainly a rude awakening I was sore for 3 weeks, on the night we went to Batley Variety Club and being and looking under age I remember being sneaked in, I don't much remember the journey home a combination of being very tired, in pain and drunk from no more than 4 pints, good old days.

24 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You still have not answered what was a very relevant question I posted to you in reaction to you backing WMS stating Mr B wants to compromise the well being of poorer clubs in the Championship by suggesting all the teams play on regardless, for some reason you are avoiding answering that question which was what I stated in reaction to WMS's post.

I replied to SL17's comment, not yours in fairness Harry.

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I knew Tommy very well god bless him, I go back a long long way with Terry and Stan, in fact Terry arranged a pre-season friendly at the Mount in '69 made up from Amatuer lads from Leigh, which Terry christend the Lancashire Juniors I played at 16 years of age against the old pro's of Batley and it was certainly a rude awakening I was sore for 3 weeks, on the night we went to Batley Variety Club and being and looking under age I remember being sneaked in, I don't much remember the journey home a combination of being very tired, in pain and drunk from no more than 4 pints, good old days.

I was at that game.I've also left the Variety Club,on many occasions,in a similar state to your goodself.

As you say ,good old days.

59 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Please point me in the direction that officially says that P&R has been shelved for this season johnny, as far as I know the last I heard was that it will be discussed and deliberated in the meeting on the 23rd July, until then not snookered at all, I can still see some of the object ball.

Unless of course you know better, if so  please share.

You are being a touch disingenuous here Harry: just because you want something to happen doesn't make it so.

The SL clubs made it abundantly clear that they could only consider promotion, if they were to consider it at all, from a properly competitive and meaningful competition. What you propose would fall far short of that, and you know it.

I hate to break it to you but you will be playing Championship football again in 2021.

Archived