Championship clubs still in deadlock

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Weren't Featherstone the runners up to Toronto? Surely they should have a shot if anyone? 

Depends if they want it, there will be no Sky money plus no crowds until October and I don't think they are full time so its tough on the players.

Well Mark Campbell wants promotion but i don't know if he was looking at next season, it's really short notice in all honesty for this season but i were saying Fev should be asked before Leigh simply because they were runners up. 

1 hour ago, wiganermike said:

The Toronto withdrawal has just increased the likelihood of a resumption in the Championship with promotion up for grabs IMO. Even if the Championship can only restart in a much reduced form common sense says that it would be unfair when a SL team has withdrawn from this season not to allow the Championship teams to compete to take that team's place for 2021.

When that did come into it where the SL clubs are concerned 🧐

16 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Well Mark Campbell wants promotion but i don't know if he was looking at next season, it's really short notice in all honesty for this season but i were saying Fev should be asked before Leigh simply because they were runners up. 

A more valid case is that they are far less likely to go Boom or Bust. How can you rely on Beaumont to stick with them through bad times?

So, given that the new cup competition, without any P&R, has been announced with a voluntary entry how many clubs will agree to participate and how many will decline?

The rumour (and that is all it is) I hear is that three Championship clubs have already indicated that they are unwilling to participate.

I also understand that the proposal, dependent upon numbers, is for the formation of two or more leagues, with a roughly E/W separation. Each club will play around 6 or 7 matches followed by semi-finals and a final. No doubt this will change according to participation.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived