Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

Championship clubs still in deadlock

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

Again how come others that are bigger such as Wimbledon,UEFA with the Euros and Olympic Games committee have had the balls and guts to make a call and decide to postpone?

Because the other events you identify are global events with mass international travel, huge TV deals, logistics, etc .... we are talking about a sport played in a small part of Northern England with no TV deal and a small walk up audience. I guess one of the benefits of being a minority sport is you can sit on these decisions a lot longer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SL17 and Sweaty embarrassing themselves as usual, all in the name of their desperation to see their club promoted, and sod the rest of the clubs. As usual they just ignore that it was their own club gasping for air a few years ago, asking other clubs fans to help them out with bucket collections etc. 2 disgusting self-serving individuals, perfectly suited to the owner of their club.

How can anyone want to force clubs to play games that would almost certainly destroy them, and theirs no way there should be some sort of ridiculous truncated competition to lead to promotion or relegation. If the teams want to play then by all means organise a competition for them, they can even have a lovely shiny trophy at the end of it if they want but it should have absolutely no bearing on the 2020 season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

The problem most of the lower tiers have is they have no fans, poor facilities, no sponsors and await the fuse blowing on the life support. Thats why there is no interest in tv coverage, especially if the “potentials” are removed. Widnes Bradford and Leigh have shown they can pull a gate, Newcastle and Fev are up for it and we must expand the sport. The solution is obvious to anyone who understands how to grow a business

Widnes, Bradford and Leigh also know how to spend money they dont have in the pursuit of glory, so I would take what they may think is the right option with a large pinch of salt.

The best thing by far is to accept the pandemic has scuppered just about everyones plans except those with the deepest pockets and set up to fight another day rather than try and make a silk purse from a sows ear.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dkw said:

SL17 and Sweaty embarrassing themselves as usual, all in the name of their desperation to see their club promoted, and sod the rest of the clubs. As usual they just ignore that it was their own club gasping for air a few years ago, asking other clubs fans to help them out with bucket collections etc. 2 disgusting self-serving individuals, perfectly suited to the owner of their club.

How can anyone want to force clubs to play games that would almost certainly destroy them, and theirs no way there should be some sort of ridiculous truncated competition to lead to promotion or relegation. If the teams want to play then by all means organise a competition for them, they can even have a lovely shiny trophy at the end of it if they want but it should have absolutely no bearing on the 2020 season.

Is the Messiah coming to save these clubs in 2021? Will the financial burden of this year not carry into next?

It doesn’t look like Leigh are the only club wanting to resume. 
 

Yet again you throw insults in the wrong direction.

Yes there are two sides to the coin, but for clubs who wish to continue, should be allowed to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dkw said:

SL17 and Sweaty embarrassing themselves as usual, all in the name of their desperation to see their club promoted, and sod the rest of the clubs. As usual they just ignore that it was their own club gasping for air a few years ago, asking other clubs fans to help them out with bucket collections etc. 2 disgusting self-serving individuals, perfectly suited to the owner of their club.

How can anyone want to force clubs to play games that would almost certainly destroy them, and theirs no way there should be some sort of ridiculous truncated competition to lead to promotion or relegation. If the teams want to play then by all means organise a competition for them, they can even have a lovely shiny trophy at the end of it if they want but it should have absolutely no bearing on the 2020 season.

Sellafield must have taken a huge toll on your brain cell over the years, but not unexpected from a clueless alleged fan of the game. Tell me again when the begging bowls came out? Leigh last entered a cva in 2003 ish, we tend to sort our finances out when the hits the fan pretty well these days.

RL is dragged back by pub teams, fine but remove those with ambition and let the pub teams enjoy their level

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Sellafield must have taken a huge toll on your brain cell over the years, but not unexpected from a clueless alleged fan of the game. Tell me again when the begging bowls came out? Leigh last entered a cva in 2003 ish, we tend to sort our finances out when the hits the fan pretty well these days.

RL is dragged back by pub teams, fine but remove those with ambition and let the pub teams enjoy their level

 

So let me ask you the question.

What would you do with these”Pub teams”who are dragging RL back?
Who are these”Pub teams”?

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Sellafield must have taken a huge toll on your brain cell over the years, but not unexpected from a clueless alleged fan of the game. Tell me again when the begging bowls came out? Leigh last entered a cva in 2003 ish, we tend to sort our finances out when the hits the fan pretty well these days.

RL is dragged back by pub teams, fine but remove those with ambition and let the pub teams enjoy their level

 

You are a disgusting ingrate, begging clubs to help then wanting them to get stuffed just because you have a sugar daddy pumping money in. I would never want a fan of any RL clubs to have to go through the pain of seeing their club potentially disappearing, but you and your ilk couldnt care less for the rest of the game, just your own club. None of your concerns about this have the good of the game at mind, you just want to see your club promoted and you see it slipping away after good old degsy piled a load more cash in. There`s 25 clubs that this impacts on, there`s 3 maybe 4 that can survive without their usual match day income and you are fortunate that your club is one of them, and that`s all down to one man but you couldnt care less if those other "Pub teams" go under. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dkw said:

You are a disgusting ingrate, begging clubs to help then wanting them to get stuffed just because you have a sugar daddy pumping money in. I would never want a fan of any RL clubs to have to go through the pain of seeing their club potentially disappearing, but you and your ilk couldnt care less for the rest of the game, just your own club. None of your concerns about this have the good of the game at mind, you just want to see your club promoted and you see it slipping away after good old degsy piled a load more cash in. There`s 25 clubs that this impacts on, there`s 3 maybe 4 that can survive without their usual match day income and you are fortunate that your club is one of them, and that`s all down to one man but you couldnt care less if those other "Pub teams" go under. 

More to the point, if Degsy walks under a bus tomorrow then Leigh will suddenly become one of the so-called 'pub teams'.

Leigh are just fortunate that one of their fans happens to have done well in business, and doesn't mind throwing his money at the club. 

Any one of the so-called 'pub team's would immediately be elevated to the level of Leigh should one of their fans hit the lottery jackpot this weekend.

 

Edited by paulwalker71
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Any one of the so-called 'pub team's would immediately be elevated to the level of Leigh should one of their fans hit the lottery jackpot this weekend.

 

Erm actually, not mine if you don't mind. I wouldn't want anyone to think there is a blanket commitment from people on this forum to throwing money away.

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dkw said:

You are a disgusting ingrate, begging clubs to help then wanting them to get stuffed just because you have a sugar daddy pumping money in. I would never want a fan of any RL clubs to have to go through the pain of seeing their club potentially disappearing, but you and your ilk couldnt care less for the rest of the game, just your own club. None of your concerns about this have the good of the game at mind, you just want to see your club promoted and you see it slipping away after good old degsy piled a load more cash in. There`s 25 clubs that this impacts on, there`s 3 maybe 4 that can survive without their usual match day income and you are fortunate that your club is one of them, and that`s all down to one man but you couldnt care less if those other "Pub teams" go under. 

"Just your own club" you say, off course and just as the next TV deal comes along the and monies are withdrawn below SL you will have to add another 12 clubs into your hate catalogue dkw, you can then accuse them of not caring either.

Their ain't that many clubs who can survive without the additional funding that the TV money gives them without it they will suffer the indignation of closing the gates for good be it in SL, Championship or Div 1, was Mr Beaumont speculating on getting into SL before this present TV contract concludes, I guess he was, was it his gamble on speculating to accumulate, I guess it was, will he still be around if funding is stopped and P&R is abolished, I guess he won't, could this season have been the last chance saloon for promotion to SL I honestly expect it will be unless Mr Rimmer grows a big pair of the dangly bits and insists it is maintained.

This situation the game is in at the moment is highlighting just what a lot of people of been saying for a long time of just how a lot of clubs are in a financial precarious position, even the owners of two of our biggest clubs in Hull and Wigan have taken to penning letters requesting fans to donate their season ticket costs, Salford, Wakefield and HKR are crying poverty and nearly everyone of the other 26 clubs below SL will be fortunate to suvive the next 18 months if another wave of CV-19 hits.

Being a fan of club outside of SL dkw you must be very concerned for the future I know I am, would I want to be back in SL and seeing 6,500 (average in '17) fans in the LSV again, to right I would, it is not a case of wanting to carry on and stuff the rest, if a number of clubs want to play on and try to acheive the ultimate prize of promotion what are they doing that will affect those clubs who don't want to play and are allowed to take that action without penalties for fear of not being able to meet their financial needs and go out of buisness because of it, in that scenario who is the victim of the circumstance, those who don't want to play or those who do who will not be affecting them in anyway at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

Again how come others that are bigger such as Wimbledon,UEFA with the Euros and Olympic Games committee have had the balls and guts to make a call and decide to postpone?

Hardly balls and guts  all three were due to happen in june july and august this year and  because of the number of cases world wide they were always going to be cancelled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

More to the point, if Degsy walks under a bus tomorrow then Leigh will suddenly become one of the so-called 'pub teams'.

Leigh are just fortunate that one of their fans happens to have done well in business, and doesn't mind throwing his money at the club. 

Any one of the so-called 'pub team's would immediately be elevated to the level of Leigh should one of their fans hit the lottery jackpot this weekend.

 

Of course that is the situation Paul, I consider myself and other Leigh fans to be fortunate that "one of our own" who has made good wants to financially support his town team, I have said this many times there are a lot of people who say "if I had the money I would put it into my local team" Mr Beaumont said that and he has done it, don't chastice the Leigh club because of it, I wish every club could have the local guy made good who wants to back his team, how is he any different from a Leneghan, McManus or Moran in that respect?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

"Just your own club" you say, off course and just as the next TV deal comes along the and monies are withdrawn below SL you will have to add another 12 clubs into your hate catalogue dkw, you can then accuse them of not caring either.

Their ain't that many clubs who can survive without the additional funding that the TV money gives them without it they will suffer the indignation of closing the gates for good be it in SL, Championship or Div 1, was Mr Beaumont speculating on getting into SL before this present TV contract concludes, I guess he was, was it his gamble on speculating to accumulate, I guess it was, will he still be around if funding is stopped and P&R is abolished, I guess he won't, could this season have been the last chance saloon for promotion to SL I honestly expect it will be unless Mr Rimmer grows a big pair of the dangly bits and insists it is maintained.

This situation the game is in at the moment is highlighting just what a lot of people of been saying for a long time of just how a lot of clubs are in a financial precarious position, even the owners of two of our biggest clubs in Hull and Wigan have taken to penning letters requesting fans to donate their season ticket costs, Salford, Wakefield and HKR are crying poverty and nearly everyone of the other 26 clubs below SL will be fortunate to suvive the next 18 months if another wave of CV-19 hits.

Being a fan of club outside of SL dkw you must be very concerned for the future I know I am, would I want to be back in SL and seeing 6,500 (average in '17) fans in the LSV again, to right I would, it is not a case of wanting to carry on and stuff the rest, if a number of clubs want to play on and try to acheive the ultimate prize of promotion what are they doing that will affect those clubs who don't want to play and are allowed to take that action without penalties for fear of not being able to meet their financial needs and go out of buisness because of it, in that scenario who is the victim of the circumstance, those who don't want to play or those who do who will not be affecting them in anyway at all?

You know what Harry (Broncos fan here) this is why i loved the Super 8,s it was brilliant we got to play 7 matches v SL sides if we finished in the Top 4 with a possibility of a SL place .

Even if we didn't make it who cared we had the chance of another go the following season it just kept the interest going right until the end.

 

Paul

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

plan for next year which should be a product of the adaptations to the new world in which the game inhibits

To inhibit :-

Restrain, Prevent or Hinder, are you going to call to excersize all three in these plans for next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Of course that is the situation Paul, I consider myself and other Leigh fans to be fortunate that "one of our own" who has made good wants to financially support his town team, I have said this many times there are a lot of people who say "if I had the money I would put it into my local team" Mr Beaumont said that and he has done it, don't chastice the Leigh club because of it, I wish every club could have the local guy made good who wants to back his team, how is he any different from a Leneghan, McManus or Moran in that respect?

He isn't people like him and all the others are brilliant ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

You know what Harry (Broncos fan here) this is why i loved the Super 8,s it was brilliant we got to play 7 matches v SL sides if we finished in the Top 4 with a possibility of a SL place .

Even if we didn't make it who cared we had the chance of another go the following season it just kept the interest going right until the end.

 

Paul

Regarding the 8's Ioved every minute of them and Leigh were involved in all but one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Or its a typo from Inhabits. 

*excersize* your mind Harry.

I know that Scotchy, but it falls in line with some of the stupid and ridiculous comments you publish.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

No possibly a 5 team comp, Newcastle could not play in the Championship and it is stupid to even suggest so which makes your post quite ridiculous.

Not really - a five team comp is even worse than a six team comp.  You're never going to get the RFL to agree to that.

Presumably you want Newcastle to go up on the basis of finishing first in a field of one.

Edited by Griff
Clarification

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please see the thread entitled  We're Back.

No we are not you muppets


Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

An absolute farce and joke.

 And then clubs wonder why the game is on its ass when they cannot make a decision.

 

What's farcical is that half a dozen clubs won't accept being out-voted.

It's a bit like Scots wanting independence referenda until they get the decision they want.


"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I know that Scotchy, but it falls in line with some of the stupid and ridiculous comments you publish.

??


"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I don’t have all the facts and figures, so I’m not sure tbh. 

I don’t feel comfortable with a short-form Championship with promotion and a side relegated from Super League after going through 22 games in 14 weeks. 

So its been announced that SL will be cut to 22 games this season with each club playing every other club twice just 15 games to play now, no need now to feel uncomfortable Hela, what could be better to sort out the worst team to relegate no loopy fixtures just an honest to goodness round robin of games, and also games are to played at a single venue so lots of clubs will not be playing at home as you singled out Toronto for having no home games,  they couldn't play at home anyway such are travel restrictions to Canada so no excuses there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

So its been announced that SL will be cut to 22 games this season with each club playing every other club twice just 15 games to play now, no need now to feel uncomfortable Hela, what could be better to sort out the worst team to relegate no loopy fixtures just an honest to goodness round robin of games, and also games are to played at a single venue so lots of clubs will not be playing at home as you singled out Toronto for having no home games,  they couldn't play at home anyway such are travel restrictions to Canada so no excuses there.

I still don’t feel comfortable with a minimum of a three team second tier making their own competition for a promotion that none of them were even guaranteed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Griff said:

What's farcical is that half a dozen clubs won't accept being out-voted.

It's a bit like Scots wanting independence referenda until they get the decision they want.

Or remainers, sorry mods but somebody was going to say it.

Edited by Harry Stottle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I still don’t feel comfortable with a minimum of a three team second tier making their own competition for a promotion that none of them were even guaranteed. 

And relegation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...