Sat 27 Jun: NRL: Brisbane Broncos v Gold Coast Titans KO 8.30am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Brisbane Broncos
    • Gold Coast Titans

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/06/20 at 08:00

22-0 Titans HT.

Justin Holbrook continues to show what a good coach he is. In contrast to the Broncos, the Titans know what they are doing out there.

Can only repeat what has already been said before: the Broncos have got their recruitment badly wrong. They look a clueless husk of a ‘team’.

This Broncos team is completely directionless. 

I can't see Milford being in this team much longer, but who else do they have who can step up? I would be tempted to give Dearden a start with Croft. I know they are both scrum halves but how much work can it get.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Average game . Pretty sad to see the Broncos like this , absolutely and totally terrible . Seibold should be sacked immediately , disgrace how bad they are . Players barely look interested . Two takes from that in particular   ... I applaud the young ref for sinbinning Oates for dissent . And the finish by Sami was one of the best ever 

10 hours ago, Dunbar said:

This Broncos team is completely directionless. 

I can't see Milford being in this team much longer, but who else do they have who can step up? I would be tempted to give Dearden a start with Croft. I know they are both scrum halves but how much work can it get.

I don’t particularly rate Croft. I would go with Dearden and Milford. But the whole spine is an issue. They don’t have a quality hooker, although Turpin has looked good at times and the full back position is still a problem. They have no continuity. I like Niu but he’s a very similar style player to Milford. 

I think Dearden and Turpin will offer them control but they need more leaders. I’ve never got the hype about Glenn and the only other experience they have is Boyd and a guy who’s just come back from a long stint in union 

10 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

For the record, Herbie Farnworth scores his first NRL try. Hopefully the first of many (including, eventually, for England). 

I was pleased for him because he also bombed one earlier on in the game, although Niu did pass it too soon. I’ll be interested to see if he stays (and Fifita for that matter)

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

I don’t particularly rate Croft. I would go with Dearden and Milford. But the whole spine is an issue. They don’t have a quality hooker, although Turpin has looked good at times and the full back position is still a problem. They have no continuity. I like Niu but he’s a very similar style player to Milford. 

I think Dearden and Turpin will offer them control but they need more leaders. I’ve never got the hype about Glenn and the only other experience they have is Boyd and a guy who’s just come back from a long stint in union 

I can't see any combination being great at the moment. Croft is still very new to 1st grade and more of a running threat than organiser, Dearden is very inexperienced and Millford is in terrible form.

But surely it is Milford as the international, State of Orgin rep and 170 game NRL player who has to stand up and actually take control... and he is definitely not doing that at the moment. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Broncos abject, earlier in the week there was a Paul Kent article about tthe Broncos dressing room lack of confidence in Anthony Siebold. Only two players standing up for the coach. What is significant about that is that no journalist worth their salt does not get a story corroborated by two sources before publication so at least two Broncos present broke the sanctity of the dressing room to leak this. Not a good look for the Club, players or coach.

Once Siebold is sacked then the new coach really needs to muck out the stable at the Broncos

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

The Broncos are a rabble. Look disorganised on attack and defence and falling off too many tackles.

Boyd and Isaako very lucky to be in the 17, Niu was playing well yet they subbed up off for Isaako late on whose only notable involvement was a poor lost ball.

They are badly missing the energy and power of David Fifita in a wide second row spot.

Its a coaching and attitude issue as they clearly have a top 6 squad but look like they could finish bottom 4.

5 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I can't see any combination being great at the moment. Croft is still very new to 1st grade and more of a running threat than organiser, Dearden is very inexperienced and Millford is in terrible form.

But surely it is Milford as the international, State of Orgin rep and 170 game NRL player who has to stand up and actually take control... and he is definitely not doing that at the moment. 

Milford is a poor mans Shaun Johnson and I am no fan of SJ.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

5 hours ago, Allora said:

Milford is a poor mans Shaun Johnson and I am no fan of SJ.

Seems a different player to what I have seen in the past.  That Team is also lacking any confidence and you only get that by winning.

Plenty of press today criticising the players for laughing and joking with Titans players at the end of the game.  

On 27/06/2020 at 20:42, Nearenough said:

seibold basically said "sack me please" at his press conference after the game. 

On 28/06/2020 at 04:50, DavidM said:

Average game . Pretty sad to see the Broncos like this , absolutely and totally terrible . Seibold should be sacked immediately , disgrace how bad they are . Players barely look interested . Two takes from that in particular   ... I applaud the young ref for sinbinning Oates for dissent . And the finish by Sami was one of the best ever 

23 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I think he probably knows the game’s up 

He's clearly not up to the task and should replaced ASAP, but with who?

Possibly Adrian Lam?

Archived