What Are The Added Benefits For Players Joining Your Club

Or disadvantages for that matter?

For example, signing for Melbourne Storm means you will be almost certainly be playing finals football and even more likely, a GF or Semi/Prelim’ whatever you want to call it. The facilities for training are 1st class and you will play in front of some of the biggest home crowds in the league. You will also be coached by one of the greatest coaches of all time and for those seeking a little anonymity, as a RL pro in Melbourne, you’ve got it. Almost enough benefit to take a lesser $$ contract than at other clubs.

Wests Tigers for example must always pay overs for talent, because they don’t have long term faith in a successful coach, they don’t have awesome training facilities. You are one of hundreds of top line players in a city that thrives on the sport, as such third party contracts are far more competitive and the crowds Tigers player participate in front of are far smaller.

Apart from the $$$/£££ a player signs for, how does your club stack up as an enticing offer to prospective professionals?

Leeds - highly successful club in recent times so high likelihood of chances to play in the big games. Arguably one of the best facilities for players regarding regarding both playing and training in front of the largest crowds in the competition. High expectations of the squad meaning its an excellent place for players to push themselves.

Wigan have the Canberra Raiders recruitment team on speed dial 001 so nobody needs to remember the number.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Workington, Right next to the lake district 

We also have 3 Costa coffees and a Muffin break 

8 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Swap the word Saints for London Broncos and you have my answer

With the salary cap as it is London living costs must be a hindrance? At least you can still get a house for sixpence in St Helens and eat at Greggs every day. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

With the salary cap as it is London living costs must be a hindrance? At least you can still get a house for sixpence in St Helens and eat at Greggs every day. 

Yes I often think that. The average SL salary makes a very good salary in some homeland towns but in London it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary 

We have a slightly higher salary cap I believe but not sure how much

Over the years various players (Aussies, Kiwis and northerners) have stated living in London was a big pull for coming to Broncos. It is a fantastic place to do things. I prefer to be a 20 minute train ride away to avoid the ridiculous house prices

14 hours ago, Dunbar said:

17 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Leeds - highly successful club in recent times so high likelihood of chances to play in the big games. Arguably one of the best facilities for players regarding regarding both playing and training in front of the largest crowds in the competition. High expectations of the squad meaning its an excellent place for players to push themselves.

Virtually every game on Sky! 

I love Leeds, was a great night out when I was more into that sort of thing. I still enjoy going there but now it's more restaurants with her indoors.... Still great fun

33 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yes I often think that. The average SL salary makes a very good salary in some homeland towns but in London it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary 

The average SL player is also a "big fish in a small pond" in some RL towns - girls after him in nightclubs/ idiots looking for fights. They don't get that in London (or probably in Leeds either.)

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I love Leeds, was a great night out when I was more into that sort of thing. I still enjoy going there but now it's more restaurants with her indoors.... Still great fun

Leeds have had some success with signing Kangaroos and other Aussies who were always based in Leeds city centre in the '90s who enjoyed themselves a fair bit. I'll always remember seeing ET and the other Cronulla players completely slaughtered in Square on t'Lane in 1997 when they were staying at the Marriot I think during the WCC.

Unfortunately signing players on the basis of how much they enjoyed partying in Leeds turned out to not be a great idea, although Brett Mullins enjoyed it whilst it lasted.

58 minutes ago, JonM said:

The average SL player is also a "big fish in a small pond" in some RL towns - girls after him in nightclubs/ idiots looking for fights. They don't get that in London (or probably in Leeds either.)

Dixon and some of the Broncos hang around drinking round Wembley on CC Final day. It's their time to get swamped by lovely RL ladies

59 minutes ago, M j M said:

Leeds have had some success with signing Kangaroos and other Aussies who were always based in Leeds city centre in the '90s who enjoyed themselves a fair bit. I'll always remember seeing ET and the other Cronulla players completely slaughtered in Square on t'Lane in 1997 when they were staying at the Marriot I think during the WCC.

Unfortunately signing players on the basis of how much they enjoyed partying in Leeds turned out to not be a great idea, although Brett Mullins enjoyed it whilst it lasted.

I suspect Catalan signings spend most of their time drinking wine on the beach

21 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Or disadvantages for that matter?

For example, signing for Melbourne Storm means you will be almost certainly be playing finals football and even more likely, a GF or Semi/Prelim’ whatever you want to call it. The facilities for training are 1st class and you will play in front of some of the biggest home crowds in the league. You will also be coached by one of the greatest coaches of all time and for those seeking a little anonymity, as a RL pro in Melbourne, you’ve got it. Almost enough benefit to take a lesser $$ contract than at other clubs.

Wests Tigers for example must always pay overs for talent, because they don’t have long term faith in a successful coach, they don’t have awesome training facilities. You are one of hundreds of top line players in a city that thrives on the sport, as such third party contracts are far more competitive and the crowds Tigers player participate in front of are far smaller.

Apart from the $$$/£££ a player signs for, how does your club stack up as an enticing offer to prospective professionals?

I think all the Melbourne pull factors apply but.... 

I wonder how that compares to the push factor of being so far from home for most of them? (I know they have the odd Victoria but not many)

And it's cold

Batley. Foxs biscuits plentiful supply. Factory wafts aroma into atmosphere on purpose

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

A great new Canberra centre of excellence.

Easy commute.

Day trip to both the ski fields and the beach

It’s not Sydney 

Less Sydney media.

The city isn’t too big or too small 

Blue sky throughout winter.

Outdoor lifestyle 

CCCE337E-9EF5-42A6-B958-514F694E4D86.jpeg

04B60F13-9352-4BF4-BC43-82810B1857A0.jpeg

Archived