Sam Burgess

9 hours ago, JM2010 said:

Just been watching the NRL and listening to Sam Burgess at half time. 

He seems to have picked up a bit of an Aussie accent.  Doesn't seem right coming out of a Yorkshireman

Does sound strange. There’s an interview where he explains why he calls football soccer and rugby football so not to confuse anyone. Suppose them same could be said for his accent, maybe they can understand him better now

2 minutes ago, Allora said:

I wish he would go home to England.

I can not stand the man.

Stop being so diplomatic, tell us what you really think. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 hours ago, JM2010 said:

I'm just trying to figure out if he's actually picked up the accent or he just uses it for TV so he can be understood a bit easier 

It does happen. I am told by family members in the north that I no longer have a Yorkshire accent. Burgess has been in Australia for 10 years.

44 minutes ago, dkw said:

Because he schooled his Aussie gods, totally dominated their forwards from his first game to his last.

You really do have a chip on both shoulders don’t you ?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

HSam Burgess is on Fox League TV in Australia because they need at least one Englishman commentating, given all the other Englishmen who are now playing in the NRL.

He is probably going to be joined in 2021 on Fox League by James Graham, who loves living in Australia and who is greatly admired, even loved, by the powers that be at Fox Sports.(As we saw again last night, James Graham is a favourite of Fox League personality and Daily Telegraph journalist Paul Kent).

On 27/06/2020 at 13:54, Allora said:

I can not stand the man.

He is an Australia citizen now - that is his home. Or is it only home to people who move there and qualify for Origin and Australia?

3 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

Why is that?

I've only seen him in a few interviews (including the one above and also Matty Johns podcast), but he always comes across as a likeable and down to earth guy.

Like most English RL fans I like him. He definitely needs to find his style / voice as a commentator / analyst but I think he will get there 

I think James Graham will be a natural on channel 9 or Fox league 

On 27/06/2020 at 13:54, Allora said:

I can not stand the man.

Don't worry; I heard they are going to replace him with your favourite player, Ryan Hall. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I think James Graham will be a natural on channel 9 or Fox league 

“will be?” James Graham, who is 20 IQ points smarter than “Slamming Sam,” and displays an empathic and sometimes witty personality, already is a “natural” on Fox.

If Greg Inglis can have a year off and comeback refreshed why can`t Sam Burgess . What a promo for Super League next year  having Sonny Bill ,Greg Ingis  ,Israel Folau and Burgess  . Great promotion for WC and wouldn`t hurt in T.V. rights negotiations either. Burgess along with Tauomolo was the best forward in the NRL, would be a hit with a swansong in the WC  and is just the player you need to beat Australia. You Pommies should get a petition going and get him home, get  one of those Northern M.P`s or a delegation to approach him whatever it takes!!!!!.

7 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

If Greg Inglis can have a year off and comeback refreshed why can`t Sam Burgess . What a promo for Super League next year  having Sonny Bill ,Greg Ingis  ,Israel Folau and Burgess  . Great promotion for WC and wouldn`t hurt in T.V. rights negotiations either. Burgess along with Tauomolo was the best forward in the NRL, would be a hit with a swansong in the WC  and is just the player you need to beat Australia. You Pommies should get a petition going and get him home, get  one of those Northern M.P`s or a delegation to approach him whatever it takes!!!!!.

Never gonna happen . His shoulder is literally shot to pieces , barely a quarter of the bone left in the joint 

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Never gonna happen . His shoulder is literally shot to pieces , barely a quarter of the bone left in the joint 

I find it  hard to believe with access to the best surgeons anywhere  in the world  that you couldn`t patch him up. Someone should ask him anyway , you never  know like Inglis he may be missing it.  I reckon it would be worth it , what a poster those four. He would have to be tempted WC on home soil leading England to glory.

3 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I find it  hard to believe with access to the best surgeons anywhere  in the world  that you couldn`t patch him up. Someone should ask him anyway , you never  know like Inglis he may be missing it.  I reckon it would be worth it , what a poster those four. He would have to be tempted WC on home soil leading England to glory.

Unfortunately he’s had all the best surgeons but it’s just chronic and repetitive wear and tear

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/the-interesting-insight-into-sam-burgess-shoulder-injuries/

Archived