When Brian Moore met Kevin Keegan

On itv4 now.... Hilarious. Never knew Keegan was the inspiration for David Brent. Half expected him to say 'yes I am a technically a footballer but I see myself more as an all round entertainer'...... He even does the earning £1000 an hour thing that Brent did.... Brilliant 

Can't see it on Itv4 streaming but may be later or its here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brian-Moore-Meets-Kevin-Keegan/dp/B088P8CNSR

53 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

On itv4 now.... Hilarious. Never knew Keegan was the inspiration for David Brent. Half expected him to say 'yes I am a technically a footballer but I see myself more as an all round entertainer'...... He even does the earning £1000 an hour thing that Brent did.... Brilliant 

Can't see it on Itv4 streaming but may be later or its here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brian-Moore-Meets-Kevin-Keegan/dp/B088P8CNSR

Keggy is always inadvertently entertaining, but this sounds like something I need to track down and watch, pronto.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

49 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Another one just now.... 

"It's very important I keep my English sense of humour and don't get the German one".... Said completely sincerely

Its a goldmine this programme

Its even a visual treat.... Perms, short shorts, flares

I read his autobiography on Kindle which I bought for 99p. 

He writes about his time in Germany.

I thought he adapted well to the Germany mentality, probably because he was used to winning already.

At the very end in the final against Nottingham Forest he was man marked and couldn't influence the game. He was very disappointed still. 

39 minutes ago, Niels said:

I read his autobiography on Kindle which I bought for 99p. 

He writes about his time in Germany.

I thought he adapted well to the Germany mentality, probably because he was used to winning already.

At the very end in the final against Nottingham Forest he was man marked and couldn't influence the game. He was very disappointed still. 

I don't follow the game but he was obviously good

In fairness as well he seemed to be speaking German and integrating a fair bit

Its just his demeanour and phraseology.... It must have inspired the office

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

He seems a nice guy, but always a bit too earnest and thin-skinned for management. A bit like Gary Neville in his playing days, he can let things get to him because he wears his heart on his sleeve.

Keegan will bounce into a job, fizzing with energy and enthusiasm, then after a while, you get an explosion of frustration and self-doubt. It happened most notably for Newcastle and England.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

He seems a nice guy, but always a bit too earnest and thin-skinned for management. A bit like Gary Neville in his playing days, he can let things get to him because he wears his heart on his sleeve.

Keegan will bounce into a job, fizzing with energy and enthusiasm, then after a while, you get an explosion of frustration and self-doubt. It happened most notably for Newcastle and England.

56 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Keggy is always inadvertently entertaining, but this sounds like something I need to track down and watch, pronto.

I've just thought it may appear on itv player once it's been shown later

Or Amazon prime normally have a month free trial you can sign up to 

13 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I've just thought it may appear on itv player once it's been shown later

It may well do, but some terrestrial channels' catch-up services aren't always as quick and comprehensive as the BBC's. If not, I have other ways to get hold of it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Thanks, I never saw the Office so I probably missed the joke. 

Archived