Alternative careers of players

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I didn't even know until 2 minutes ago that aircraft ferry services was even a thing.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

As a kid, I was always amused that Leigh's star man in their 1981/82 first division win, John Woods, was a rat-catcher.

Ian Lucas, the Wigan prop/antique dealer was another unusual one.

Jon Wells runs a B&B in Harrogate.

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Past or present

I know Brian Noble was a policeman when the game was semi-pro? 

Isn't there a current Halifax player who makes cakes in his shop? 

Anyone got any other good ones? 

Josh McCrone is a certified electrician.

Sebastien Raguin (Toulouse & Dragons) - traffic warden.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Phil Clarke - U-Boat Captain. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, CanadianRugger said:

Josh McCrone is a certified electrician.

That's the sort of trade I associate with league players.... Unfair steroetyping of course

I think Ryan Hall is a qualified accountant? After that Dragons try he shpuld have stopped on the right edge this weekend maybe he'll need it soon

31 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Former Widnes player and Fulham and Warrington player-coach Reg Bowden was a diesel fitter (I'd imagine that he's retired now).

He still gets involved in stuff at Widnes - he was doing the clubs "Lunch with Legends" fundraiser and presenting shirts to academy players making their first team debut.

George Peponis (1978 Kangaroo tourist, 1980 Grand Final winner) was a practising GP.

And Leeds & Hull winger Wilf Rosenberg was known as the Flying Dentist (for obvious reasons), as well as being one of two rugby league players in the International Jewish Sports Hall of Fame.

11 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

That's the sort of trade I associate with league players.... Unfair steroetyping of course

If this was union we could have a field day with fighter pilots , surgeons , top business bods , Secretary General of the UN ( I made that one up ) and all sorts

Michael Platt lets flats to students.

Will Sharp is a joiner

Josh Barlow fitted my daughter's wood-burning stove. He was apparently very polite and personable. He had no right to ruin my preconceptions like that.

Jordan Lilley has a gym in Bradford.

Dave Barends was a Unison Trade Union Official.

Dave Larder did, at one time, work for Raging Bull.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Archived