Brisbane Broncos

What is happening with this mighty club? The richest and most supported rugby league club in the world and they look completely disinterested in playing. Their players laughing and joking around with the opposition after the loss to the titans, they seem to not care. Is it an attitude problem? Coaching problem? You just have to look on the Broncos and Nrl social media sites to see how displeased Brisbane fans are, people are literally ending their memberships. This can’t keep going on like this, it’s simply unacceptable from such a big and wealthy club.

46 minutes ago, Aussie Bronco said:

What is happening with this mighty club? The richest and most supported rugby league club in the world and they look completely disinterested in playing. Their players laughing and joking around with the opposition after the loss to the titans, they seem to not care. Is it an attitude problem? Coaching problem? You just have to look on the Broncos and Nrl social media sites to see how displeased Brisbane fans are, people are literally ending their memberships. This can’t keep going on like this, it’s simply unacceptable from such a big and wealthy club.

They might be the richest but I think the PNG Hunters have more fans.

7 hours ago, Copa said:

They might be the richest but I think the PNG Hunters have more fans.

According to memberships, crowd numbers and social media numbers the broncos are the most supported. The hunters are also only semi professional let’s not forget 

3 minutes ago, Aussie Bronco said:

According to memberships, crowd numbers and social media numbers the broncos are the most supported. The hunters are also only semi professional let’s not forget 

8.6 million people in PNG and the Hunters are the highest profile team in their national sport. RL is so popular in PNG it makes QLD look like a soccer state.

Brisbane Broncos could only dream of the same number of fans the Hunters have. There lack of access to social media and semi professional status isn’t relevant.

3 minutes ago, Copa said:

8.6 million people in PNG and the Hunters are the highest profile team in their national sport. RL is so popular in PNG it makes QLD look like a soccer state.

Brisbane Broncos could only dream of the same number of fans the Hunters have. There lack of access to social media and semi professional status isn’t relevant.

Does everyone in PNG support the Hunters as their main team though?

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Does everyone in PNG support the Hunters as their main team though?

It’s been reported multiple times that the Hunters get TV ratings in PNG greater than the ratings for any NRL club. This is also in a country where not everyone has TV..

18 hours ago, Aussie Bronco said:

The problem with the Broncos is they have no spine. They have a decent pack and some reasonable outside backs but no direction.

Brodie Croft was their big signing at scrum half and he is two weeks away from his 23rd birthday and only played 46 NRL games. Alongside him is Anthony Milford who makes Shaun Johnson look like Mr. Consistent.  Young Tom Dearden looks a reasonable prospect but he is a long term solution. 

Then they have no experience at full back and they have only just brought in Issac Luke to at least add a bit of maturity at 9.

They lack game management and even if their attack clicks a couple of times this year they will struggle to deliver consistently.

The problem is, unless they shake up the squad and bring in some real quality at 1, 7 or 6 I can't see it getting any better.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

11 hours ago, Copa said:

It’s been reported multiple times that the Hunters get TV ratings in PNG greater than the ratings for any NRL club. This is also in a country where not everyone has TV..

Well maybe I should have said most supported professional club. I can’t see PNG being admitted into the NRL anytime soon. Besides this is a post about what’s going wrong with the Broncos. Nothing to do with who the biggest club is. 

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

The problem with the Broncos is they have no spine. They have a decent pack and some reasonable outside backs but no direction.

Brodie Croft was their big signing at scrum half and he is two weeks away from his 23rd birthday and only played 46 NRL games. Alongside him is Anthony Milford who makes Shaun Johnson look like Mr. Consistent.  Young Tom Dearden looks a reasonable prospect but he is a long term solution. 

Then they have no experience at full back and they have only just brought in Issac Luke to at least add a bit of maturity at 9.

They lack game management and even if their attack clicks a couple of times this year they will struggle to deliver consistently.

The problem is, unless they shake up the squad and bring in some real quality at 1, 7 or 6 I can't see it getting any better.

At least Croft is trying, I don’t know why the broncos don’t utilise the Ariel threat of Xavier Coates more. Their last tackle plays are almost always an over and under bomb straight to the opposition fullback. And there is no structure in their attack or cohesion. They just seem lost and bereft of ideas. I see this more as a coaching problem. The Broncos have a top 8 roster but they just don’t seem to be able to form and combinations. They couldn’t compete with the titans Saturday night and they easily have the worst squad in the league maybe bar the bulldogs. I can’t see it getting any better for Brisbane to be honest, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they won the spoon this year.

I was a lifelong Broncos fan until these last two weeks. I've jumped ship to the Titans.

If they were simply a bad team, that would be fine. But they have players like TPJ who do stupid things week in, week out and end up suspended more than they play. They have Milford who has completely switched off and has become a real grub. Boyd who seems to ask for penalties more than he makes tackles. Oates went from the best winger in the game to not even first grade quality. He's switched off and is now mouthing off at the ref.

There is barely a handful of likeable characters in the whole squad. I'm done.

new rise.jpg

34 minutes ago, Pulga said:

I was a lifelong Broncos fan until these last two weeks. I've jumped ship to the Titans.

If they were simply a bad team, that would be fine. But they have players like TPJ who do stupid things week in, week out and end up suspended more than they play. They have Milford who has completely switched off and has become a real grub. Boyd who seems to ask for penalties more than he makes tackles. Oates went from the best winger in the game to not even first grade quality. He's switched off and is now mouthing off at the ref.

There is barely a handful of likeable characters in the whole squad. I'm done.

Support your team through thick and thin. Where is your backbone?

3 hours ago, Skids said:

No. Enough is enough. 

This team isn't the Broncos I loved. They're unlikeable. They have no mental strength and the backroom (including Darren Lockyer, who to me is the GOAT) has fallen to pieces.

The game is a business. My money is going elsewhere.

new rise.jpg

I read on one of the Aussie sites that prior to the Titans game Siebold had a meeting with the squad to thrash things out and asked for their support, only 2 player's spoke up in favour the rest kept their eyes to the floor.  If that is indeed the case the club needs to act to terminate Siebolds tenure and remind the player's of the obligations with regards their contracts, there is no prospect of improvement in those circumstances so the board needs to take decisive actions.

37 minutes ago, Pulga said:

No. Enough is enough. 

This team isn't the Broncos I loved. They're unlikeable. They have no mental strength and the backroom (including Darren Lockyer, who to me is the GOAT) has fallen to pieces.

I can well understand getting fed up and even staying at home but not give up and go to another team, out of the question for 99.9% of supporters surely! 

2 hours ago, Pulga said:

No. Enough is enough. 

It's quite ironic that in dropping them you are showing the same lack of 'mental strength' that you claim they are.

Because of all the inherent advantages that the club has the Broncos have never experienced a truly tough time in their existence!

I mean in their 30 years they've only missed the finals 3 or 4 times and they've never missed them back to back, if I remember correctly they've never finished in the bottom four, let alone won a wooden spoon, and I could go on but I think you get the point.

Take the last decade (their least successful), they only missed the finals twice (2010 and 13), every other year they made the finals and they even made the GF in 2015. Most other teams would give their left nut and their first born child to have a record even half as good as that... The Warriors have only made the finals 8 times in their whole existence and if you put all the GC teams together they've only made finals 4 times, so in their worst decade the Broncos matched the Warriors total and doubled the GC's!

In my opinion the way that many Broncos fans are reacting to the teams current bad form is more of a reflection on their character than on the club's, and most of them would never make it as fans of any other club.

I don’t understand why anybody ever rated Anthony Siebold. He somehow or other got the head coach job at South Sydney after Michael “Madge” Maguire, foolishly sacked by the petulant Russell Crowe, had already constructed a top quality roster for him to inherit. Prior to that Siebold’s greatest achievement was playing in the German national side. And how did that go?

This season Siebold has presided over the long term decline of Wayne Bennet’s protege and de facto son Darius Boyd, the once impressive Corey Oates, and the once brilliant Anthony Milford. Siebold would be more useful working as a rugby league development officer in Berlin, Munchen, Frankfurt, Dortmund, Heidelberg, Dresden and Leipzig.  At least he might help us get the the long awaited German Super League off the ground.

10 hours ago, Skids said:

To be fair Gold Coast Titans didn’t exist until 2007, I reckon most of their fans will have supported the Broncos before then.

If Gold Coast is your nearest team and it used to be the Broncos, I’d say it’s one of the rare occasions changing sides is allowed.

15 hours ago, The Great Dane said:

It's quite ironic that in dropping them you are showing the same lack of 'mental strength' that you claim they are.

I'm not paid millions to be mentally tough. I've been a fan since day 1. I've had my fill.

new rise.jpg

Archived