Entrance to grounds

jamescolin

I cannot see how with a bit of fore thought why games can't be played in front of spectators. The people in charge know the dimensions of the facilities. They can then estimate by allowing 1 to 2 metres between spectators how many could a make up the crowd. A few ground stickers as used in Supermarkets could be used to show the separation limits. Then issue a statement saying the ground capacity for the match will be ..........  The number of Season ticket holders will be subtracted from this capacity number and a notice sent out that there is room for another   ???. These extra spectators would have to buy a ticket to get in on the day. Using Fev as an example with just estimated figures by me to show what I mean. After carefully estimating or measuring the capacity let's say that we can after leaving the required space 1500 spectators in. Say we have a 1000 season ticket holders. The club could say that the match will be played and allowing for 1000 season ticket holder then 500 tickets for the match would be on sale up to match day. Then we could watch the match and the club would have some revenue coming in.  The club have complied with the regulations and on with the game. Better than closed doors don't you think?

was that in the wind and snow?

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Hi Andrew, still plodding on, not hit the buffers yet, hope you and yours are well, and coping with all this garbage covid is throwing at us. i remember that day well. when everyone changed ends, i think there were only 2 of us at POR end. could hardly see a thing

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 16:12, Andrew Vause said:

Hey up Old Rover. Hope you're well. 

Yes that's correct when Wayne McHugh got 5 or 6 tries. 

Wayne of the brilliant talent. Another lost cause.

22 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Was it Bob Crowther we had a laugh with along with. Going back to around 2013.ish.  Memory not what is was. 

Archived