2 hours ago, thebrewxi said:

Partisan's players must be well p&*%ed off. They thought they had won on the pitch and were celebrating.

I thought they were celebrating the draw - because the last play was the kick that could have beaten them?

Either way, it was a decent second half that I saw!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

Good game to watch. I have no idea how the league in Serbia works however. How many teams etc. 

I did try and look it up but wiki wasn't clear and the federation site was in Serbian which my browser wouldn't translate.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

14 hours ago, thebrewxi said:

Good game to watch. I have no idea how the league in Serbia works however. How many teams etc. 

There was an episode of the Chasing Kangaroos podcast about RL in Serbia a while back which is prob worth listening to if you’re interested. Episode 36. 
https://anchor.fm/chasingkangaroos

I believe the current active clubs are:  Red Star, Partizan, Dorcol Tigers, New Belgrade (Novi Beograd), Radnicki Nis and the original Dorcol, I understand is in a rebuilding phase, but still active.  In general, the 'big two', Red Star and Partizan are well ahead of the rest at the moment.

Then they have some of these clubs represented also at U14, U16 and U18 level. 

In the women's game I think only Red Star have a team so far.

Thanks Langpark,

Do you know who is in the top division? I heard New Belgrade and Nis were playing at the weekend, but I origional thought they were in separate divisions.

What happened to the old Dorcol (Spiders?), and why have they been replaced by Dorcol Tigers?

I am not exactly sure anymore.  It seems there are now 6 men's teams, so perhaps they just now have the one division.  And I noticed in their Cup games, to make up the 8 teams, they entered 2 youth teams.  Car Dusan, which I believe is the Radnicki Nis U18s and also Red Stars U18, which I think are called the Red Kangaroos or something.

From what I have seen and heard, Dorcol Tigers was something of a splinter club, I think a (big) group of Dorcol players walked out, and joined forces with some of the remaining players of Tasmajdan Tigers (which folded a couple of years ago) to for Dorcol Tigers.  It seems now, they are stronger than the original Dorcol, who haven't played a game for a while.

On 01/07/2020 at 07:29, langpark said:

I am not exactly sure anymore.  It seems there are now 6 men's teams, so perhaps they just now have the one division.  And I noticed in their Cup games, to make up the 8 teams, they entered 2 youth teams.  Car Dusan, which I believe is the Radnicki Nis U18s and also Red Stars U18, which I think are called the Red Kangaroos or something.

From what I have seen and heard, Dorcol Tigers was something of a splinter club, I think a (big) group of Dorcol players walked out, and joined forces with some of the remaining players of Tasmajdan Tigers (which folded a couple of years ago) to for Dorcol Tigers.  It seems now, they are stronger than the original Dorcol, who haven't played a game for a while.

I think League has been played there for about 20yrs. Sort of country where League could prosper if  they were a bit closer to a decent comp. Heard stories of them all watching NRL players who Serbian heritage.

Archived