Ottawa Coach

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Southerner said:

Will appeal to the French speaking Canadians I guess. A bit underwhelming.

I think it fits into their strategy of building sensibly from the bottom up, they are not going for high profile glamour names.

28 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He coached Catalans in Super League for 4 years, who would you of liked to see appointed as coach to the new League One side? 

Toronto got the calibre of Brian McDermott. 

I’m not saying it’s a bad acquisition just not as high profile As I was expecting.

Good appointment i think. Especially with the french speaking element. Great chance for Laurent Frayssinous to restart his career. Clearly the goal is SL for Ottawa.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I think its an interesting appointment, and a good one

Perhaps an indication that Ottawa want to position themselves into the French-Canadian market. I wonder if we will see them recruiting quite a few French players?

With everything that is going on I find it astonishing that the Ottawa bid is still going forward. As things stand professional sport and international travel is still banned in Ontario. But it seems it is indeed going ahead, and this would be a great hire for all the reasons mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Oooo contradictory reports!   Any bookies taking odds on this?

My pound is on the Frenchman, allez lads!

Sorry for the additional post but wanted to chime in - huge missed opportunity not announcing today since it is CANADA DAY!

2 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

Sorry for the additional post but wanted to chime in - huge missed opportunity not announcing today since it is CANADA DAY!

Happy Canada Day!

Gledhill is usually wrong. It's his default setting. But I thought it was interesting that even at this late stage he's throwing another name out there.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I wonder if a Rowley/Fraysinnous double act will be the case. One as head coach and one as director of rugby. 

Can we call it rowleynous, I like the sound of that. 

I think if Rowley is appointed you can forget any idea of any Canadians being part of this, he seems to have a lot of past form, both in his seeming lack of interest in player development and in his obsession in putting out the strongest team each week, leading to uninteresting blow out games and player fatigue at the end of the season. Also as many have posted in the past, he has this ability to make his teams disliked by the rest of the RL world. Please let it be Laurent!

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Gledhill is usually wrong. It's his default setting. But I thought it was interesting that even at this late stage he's throwing another name out there.

When it became known last season Leeds were signing a half back from Salford, Gledhill was telling everyone that it was Jackson Hastings moving, wrong again.

Archived