Fri 3 Jul: NRL: Parramatta Eels v North Queensland Cowboys KO 10.55am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

1. 1. Who will win?

• Parramatta Eels
    • North Queensland Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/20 at 10:30

Maika Sivo's first 4-try match. Quite likely there'll be more in future.

The Cowboys competed at first, but the Eels soon took over and dominated for the rest of the game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sivo's still got plenty to learn, but with Parramatta so good, plus Old Man Jennings having a blinder of a season so far to his inside, it is not as much of a factor as it would be if he was playing for certain other clubs.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

North Queensland seem to go ok in tropical Towbnsville yet are uber ordinary away from there.

Note of caution to the slippery Eels out there - You play your best footy in the finals series not in July.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I love watching the Eels play. Them and Roosters play such attractive footy, unlike turgid sides of Cowboys, Rabbitohs or Storm. 

Dylan Brown is so impressive. He’s worked so hard on his defence, which in previous years was a little flaky. And he’s added control and ability to lead a team tonight. Cracking player. And Gutherson is so underrated, a great footballer

Eels are the real deal . Very potent unit , and Gutherson is in the superstar class now . Sivo , what a beast ... and the Fergosaurus is on the other side . Jai Field... weird watching him there . Always been a fan since he was tearing it up in the Dragons U20s . He was a stand out , as much if not more than Dufty . You look at the Dragons half situation and how much coin is being thrown at Hunt and Norman for not much , and you wonder what this kids doing at Parra ... well , I know it’s because he didn’t get a shot , but he should have . 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Eels are the real deal . Very potent unit , and Gutherson is in the superstar class now . Sivo , what a beast ... and the Fergosaurus is on the other side . Jai Field... weird watching him there . Always been a fan since he was tearing it up in the Dragons U20s . He was a stand out , as much if not more than Dufty . You look at the Dragons half situation and how much coin is being thrown at Hunt and Norman for not much , and you wonder what this kids doing at Parra ... well , I know it’s because he didn’t get a shot , but he should have . 

The rumours that Jai Field is signing for Leeds are still floating around, would be a great signing 

On 03/07/2020 at 23:24, DoubleD said:

Dylan Brown is so impressive. He’s worked so hard on his defence, which in previous years was a little flaky. And he’s added control and ability to lead a team tonight. Cracking player. 

You beat me to it there as I came here to mention that Dylan Brown must be the best defensive half back in the comp on top of his undoubted kicking and game management skills. Most improved player in the comp this year for mine.

Eels really do look the real deal. And all of this without Nathan Brown, who looked the best player in the comp in the first 2 weeks back since lockdown.

4 minutes ago, DeadShotKeen said:

You beat me to it there as I came here to mention that Dylan Brown must be the best defensive half back in the comp on top of his undoubted kicking and game management skills. Most improved player in the comp this year for mine.

Eels really do look the real deal. And all of this without Nathan Brown, who looked the best player in the comp in the first 2 weeks back since lockdown.

I’m not sure about best defensive half but he’s now solid. Cleary is very good defensively, as is Wighton

12 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I’m not sure about best defensive half but he’s now solid. Cleary is very good defensively, as is Wighton

Cleary is excellent defensively for sure and I suspect makes more tackles than most other halves but D Brown covers more metres to make tackles than any half I've seen in recent years (maybe ever). He's made some sensational FB-like covering tackles in recent weeks as well as the odd sensational chase down. For those I'm giving him the nod.

Jarome Luai at Panthers is another really good defensive half. I suspect you'd have to give the Panthers the nod for best defensive half back combo.

Archived