Folau Extends

To Catalans 2021

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

Would he have extended his contract if he had, had any offers from NRL clubs?

I think he seems to be genuinely thankful for the the way he has been treated over there , feels like he owes them one. Great news anyway hope he is available for Tonga at WC, what a team they are building , every week over here there seems to some new star player with Tongan heritage popping up.

2 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I think he seems to be genuinely thankful for the the way he has been treated over there , feels like he owes them one.I

You should have seen the hysteria on this forum when they signed him.

1 minute ago, The Rocket said:

Good or bad  hysteria ?

Depends on your viewpoint, but plenty of people saying he should be banished from the game because he expressed an (albeit unusual) opinion, and of course anyone who disagreed with them was a bigot. Catalans games should be boycotted etc. 

Shall we just assume that nobody's view of the Folau signing has changed and avoid another round of the same conversation. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 hours ago, noobiefana said:

After the orgy of kneeling to awowed Marxism Professional sport in general has indulged in recently I no longer expect any pro game to uphold standards.

Cheap easy virtue signalling? Definitely. Sign us up for that but uphold standards?  Suggest that race baiting Marxist agitators ought not be given a global platform? Too controversial mate. Might negatively impact Merch sales.

Aaaand banned. Again. 

Troll on our perma-ban list.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On 03/07/2020 at 16:09, Mr Frisky said:

Cats could win the GF this year - some great players in their squad.

Catalans need to have James Maloney, Israel Folau, Sam Tomkins, Josh Drinkwater, and Michael McIlorum free of serious injury for the rest of the season. If that happens, then Catalans are a real contender for a Grand Final win.

11 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Catalans need to have James Maloney, Israel Folau, Sam Tomkins, Josh Drinkwater, and Michael McIlorum free of serious injury for the rest of the season. If that happens, then Catalans are a real contender for a Grand Final win.

Agree, if all 5 remain fully fit, they are definitely in the mix for winning the big trophy this season. It could be their year yet in 2020. Would be great if they do. 

Reported in local paper yesterday that the Dragons will play a home game at Gilbert Brutus on Saturday 8th August presumably infront of 5000 spectators.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

27 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

That would be a paradigm shift on his part as in the past he's always put money first, hence that's why he went to fumbleball.

Most people do the job that pays the most in my experience, why wouldn’t they.  

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

Agreed, but to think Folau is staying at the Catalans for love in my opinion is daft.

I thought it was telling that the statement read  "......has agreed to remain with us for one more year...", I thought that inferred that he may have got better offers elsewhere but would stay out of some sort of debt he felt he owed them and then would take up the big money offers elsewhere,  for example  Ottowa or maybe New York.

9 hours ago, The Future is League said:

That would be a paradigm shift on his part as in the past he's always put money first, hence that's why he went to fumbleball.

Yes but to be honest Folau already has 'F-you money' in the bank now, so maybe he's finally in a position to make a call on a wider basket of factors

Who doesn't make job decisions with money being a key, even if not the only, factor anyway?

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Archived