Sat 4 Jul: NRL: Gold Coast Titans v Cronulla Sharks KO 6am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Gold Coast Titans
    • Cronulla Sharks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/20 at 05:40

I wonder if Justin Holbrook wishes he’d stayed at Saints, even though SL is obv nowhere near as good as NRL if he’d stayed here and won another GF or two he might have got a better NRL job than the Titans. 

Be interesting to see how Arrow fits in with the Rabbitohs. I’ve always thought he was a bit overrated. A good player no doubt but not to the level he had been talked about. With Murray clearly superior at loose forward, will Arrow be shifted to left second row with Su’a on the right?

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

I wonder if Justin Holbrook wishes he’d stayed at Saints, even though SL is obv nowhere near as good as NRL if he’d stayed here and won another GF or two he might have got a better NRL job than the Titans. 

Which would you prefer: to live on the Gold Coast or in St Helens? 😏

Sharkies beating one of the worst teams in the Competiton - can't argue with that but Cronulla has has a relatively soft schedule and is .500. Next weeks game against the Penny Panthers will determine if the club are contenders or pretenders

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

Winning the Super League is not that highly ranked amongst NRL powerbrokers who would rather appoint an assistant from a successful NRL Club like Melbourne.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Sounds like there could be quite a turnover of players for the Titans at the end of the season and Holbrook may then have a team more to his taste. He could certainly do with getting rid of flakes like Roberts and show ponies like Cartwright 

Sharkies!

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

5 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Be interesting to see how Arrow fits in with the Rabbitohs. I’ve always thought he was a bit overrated. A good player no doubt but not to the level he had been talked about. With Murray clearly superior at loose forward, will Arrow be shifted to left second row with Su’a on the right?

I thought it was just me who was missing something with Arrow . I see a solid player who puts a shift in but I don’t see this total stand out star people rave about .

Titans really are poor . Some real deadwood there , some overrated players and some not good enough . I don’t know where they’re going in the longer term 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I thought it was just me who was missing something with Arrow . I see a solid player who puts a shift in but I don’t see this total stand out star people rave about .

Titans really are poor . Some real deadwood there , some overrated players and some not good enough . I don’t know where they’re going in the longer term 

Yeah same......strange how much he was raved about 

I think long term they’ll be ok, but they do need to get rid of the dead wood, which there is plenty of. Build a team around Fotuaika, Fa’asuamaleaui, Sami, Brimson (although I think he’s overrated too). Young Tonumapeia is a good pick up too. And if they get Jarrod Wallace and Ryan James fit they’ve got a good unit.  I think they’re in a better position than Canterbury.

Always makes me laugh seeing Tyrone Roberts in the team though, he really is garbage. They need a good hooker too, because none of theirs are any good. Whilst Peachey is stealing a living

11 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Yeah same......strange how much he was raved about 

I think long term they’ll be ok, but they do need to get rid of the dead wood, which there is plenty of. Build a team around Fotuaika, Fa’asuamaleaui, Sami, Brimson (although I think he’s overrated too). Young Tonumapeia is a good pick up too. And if they get Jarrod Wallace and Ryan James fit they’ve got a good unit.  I think they’re in a better position than Canterbury.

Always makes me laugh seeing Tyrone Roberts in the team though, he really is garbage. They need a good hooker too, because none of theirs are any good. Whilst Peachey is stealing a living

Nathan Peats was another I just didn’t rate at all . Totally one dimensional 

I really rate Jai Arrow but to succeed at Souths they need to find the right role for him.

At 101 kg's he is not massive for a middle forward (although he is only 1 kg lighter than Luke Thompson) but he also is not as skilful or dynamic as the likes of Cam Murray or Victor Radley.

Holbrook certainly looks like he is trying to use Arrow as a middle ball player though and as a result his run metres are down on where they were in 2018 & 2019.  Personally, I feel that he at his best when he tasked with running the ball as he runs above his weight and he has a very good engine... as he proved when he stepped up to prop for Origin.

At Souths, I can't see him dislodging Murray at 13 and so he will either be shifted to the edge or given a front row/middle forward role... I haven't seen him on the edge but I feel he is very effective in the latter role so I hope that's where they use him.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived