Sat 4 Jul: NRL: New Zealand Warriors v Brisbane Broncos KO 8.30am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New Zealand Warriors
    • Brisbane Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/20 at 08:00

What can you say about the Broncos? Up against a club which is a shambles off the field without their best player and who lose one of their halves in the first few minutes and who give away a possible match winning try that only they can concede and yet Brisbane still lose 

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I will be amazed if Seibold is in a job on Monday. 

Seibold is in the first year of a 5 year contract . If the Broncos management fires him now they will have to pay him out many millions of dollars, while also paying his replacement a sizable salary. I would think that the former German international player is safe at least until year’s end, if he can win at least a few games soon.

3 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Seibold is in the first year of a 5 year contract . If the Broncos management fires him now they will have to pay him out many millions of dollars, while also paying his replacement a sizable salary. I would think that the former German international player is safe at least until year’s end, if he can win at least a few games soon.

Then the Bronx finish in the bottom two, then. They have to sack him. He’s embarrassingly out of his depth. 

There were two things that stood out for the Warriors in their great win.

First they were without their two most brilliant attacking players, full back and captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (suspended) and five eighth Kori Nikorima (injured early in the game). This victory thus showed a great resilience by the rest of the team.

Second, the man of the match, who played a masterful role in field kicking, half back Blake Green, had been told earlier in the week by the club owner, that he was not needed for next year. This demonstrated that part of the Warriors’ problem in not gaining greater success in the NRL has been the stupidity of the owners.

The victory will hopefully raise morale among the Warriors’ players who are highly stressed by their isolation in Australia, living without the presence of their families.

19 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

There were two things that stood out for the Warriors in their great win.

First they were without their two most brilliant attacking players, full back and captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (suspended) and five eighth Kori Nikorima (injured early in the game). This victory thus showed a great resilience by the rest of the team.

Second, the man of the match, who played a masterful role in field kicking, half back Blake Green, had been told earlier in the week by the club owner, that he was not needed for next year. This demonstrated that part of the Warriors’ problem in not gaining greater success in the NRL has been the stupidity of the owners.

The victory will hopefully raise morale among the Warriors’ players who are highly stressed by their isolation in Australia, living without the presence of their families.

Hasn’t Greens situation been exacerbated by his Manager?

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Hasn’t Greens situation been exacerbated by his Manager?

I have just found out about that matter, which I was unaware of until you raised it. Yes, Blake Green’s manager is Isaac Moses, who has recently been deregistered by the NRL for allegedly dishonest activities. And the Warriors’ owner, Mark Robinson, stated that he would be discarding all players who were managed by Moses.(recently sacked Warriors ‘ coach Stephen Kearney was also managed by Moses).

But I don’t understand the rationale behind such a decision. Those Warriors players currently managed by Moses, such as Blake Green, Gerard Beale, and Adam Blair, would be likely getting themselves new managers soon, given Moses’s deregistration by the NRL. In that case, the Warriors ‘ management could surely negotiate with whomever that will be.

Quality halves are a rare commodity in rugby league. So I find it absurd that the Warriors owner or management would consider dumping a player who has served the club well, especially when there is no obvious quality replacement in the wings, looking to join the club. In my opinion the Warriors’ owner Mark Robinson is acting in a way that will damage the club’s player roster.

There was a news story that the Warriors would be offloading some of the players that were represented by Moses. Green was the headline name, but the article said players (plural), so I wonder who else will be off?

If the owners are prepared to support a real re-build, similar what has happened over the last few years to Newcastle, maybe progress can be made. But Green was very good today, which suggests he has the kind of attitude the club shouldn't discard lightly.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great win for the Warriors with the rest of the NRL engaging in Schadenfreude in the Broncos discomfort.

As the NRL media are great at turning a broken fingernail into an amputation drama in the East Coast Goldfish bow,l you can prepare for reading about a whole week of Bronco angst...

The true word on Blake Green is in the NZ Herald link

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12345460

Two points

• Good luck with the recruitment as top drawer Aussies are reluctant to cross the ditch and play for the Warriors
  • Blake Green would be a useful one year deal for a Super League club.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Strange game and I was happy to see the warriors win as they are doing it tough, but the emotion in the young fella when he knocked on late in the game was hard to see. There is a real emotional punch to the NRL this year, fans and players appreciating something that was nearly lost perhaps. 

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

I just read that Canberra coach Ricky Stuart has accused player manager Isaac Moses of ruining the Warriors and the Broncos.

Isaac Moses, who is the cousin of star Parramatta half back Mitchell Moses, has nearly 100 players and coaches in his stable, including Cameron Smith, John Bateman, Mitchell Moses, Stephen Kearney, and Anthony Seibold. He has appealed against his de registration by the NRL, and that appeal could take months.

Glad the Warriors won , I’ve a bit of a soft spot for them . Especially after the utterly ridiculous disallowed try - you could literally dissect every single try where there’s contact with the line , which is a lot . Is that the kind of game we want ? And after Isaac Luke’s disgraceful cheating to con a ruck penalty . Even more depressing was the ref saying he had to give it as he lost the ball . So every dummy half , don’t pick it up around the tackler and play on , just knock it into him you’ll get a penalty 

9 hours ago, DavidM said:

Glad the Warriors won , I’ve a bit of a soft spot for them . Especially after the utterly ridiculous disallowed try - you could literally dissect every single try where there’s contact with the line , which is a lot . Is that the kind of game we want ? And after Isaac Luke’s disgraceful cheating to con a ruck penalty . Even more depressing was the ref saying he had to give it as he lost the ball . So every dummy half , don’t pick it up around the tackler and play on , just knock it into him you’ll get a penalty 

That was a ridiculous decision not to award Fusitua that try, I’m glad it wasn’t decisive. 

Ive never seen anyone steamroll Haas before. That try from Papalii was impressive at the end. 

Things are bleak for the Broncos, I’m not sure the coach can stay on. I was surprised to hear the commentators bigging up how great a win it was for the Warriors though...........I mean Brisbane were there for the taking. 

Any indication on when NZ might agree a travel corridor with Australia?

7 hours ago, DoubleD said:

That was a ridiculous decision not to award Fusitua that try, I’m glad it wasn’t decisive. 

Ive never seen anyone steamroll Haas before. That try from Papalii was impressive at the end. 

Things are bleak for the Broncos, I’m not sure the coach can stay on. I was surprised to hear the commentators bigging up how great a win it was for the Warriors though...........I mean Brisbane were there for the taking. 

Any indication on when NZ might agree a travel corridor with Australia?

I think the NZ PM was talking around September 

Just watching the Penrith game from the weekend and at half time it showed the Broncos players in tears post match.

Now call me a cynic, but last week they were laughing and joking after the game and rightly got castigated for it by the press and pundits. Now I don’t for one minute think that they’re not under a lot of pressure and feeling it but it just seemed a little staged to me, in response to the backlash. What are other’s thoughts ?

Archived