Sun 5 Jul: NRL: Manly Sea Eagles v Newcastle Knights KO 7.05am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Manly Sea Eagles
    • Newcastle Knights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 06:35

Another great game and another great Knights win soaking up a lot of Manly pressure, Clearly Coach Adam O'Brien nees to work on the number of penalties and set resets the Knights are giving away but they are my tip for 2021 Premiers.

That said, the Kinghts with Edrick Lee going early, Roosters and Canberra are beginning to get a number of long term injuries and departures which will impact on their Premiership chances. One key player missing today is old "Tom Turbo" for Manly and his influence on the side can benn seen by that statistic that came up when he was hurt against Canberra about how few games the win without him. Whoever stays healthy will win the Comp.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

5 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

The Knights did well to stop the onslaught at times.  Not without its controversies but exacerbated by bleating.

Calling the Ref an '******* retard' did not end well for Fonua Blake.

Suitably long ban for that, I should think.

No penalty try I can get, but how on earth is taking a man off the ball preventing him chasing his grubber not a penalty? Unbelievable - and from the bunker too so not missed in the moment 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Just caught up with the game. No chance of a penalty try at the end but it was a penalty to Manly for the push.  Taking a player out of the game after they have put a kick in is a penalty any day of the week.

They should have had a shot at goal and the equaliser.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Very good game that one , enjoyed it . I thought the VR made that last call pretty quickly and I thought from the other angle it was a clear push . No excuse for the dissent though , wasn’t Atkins fault who had a very fine game and is very highly regarded . One thing watching that - wgat happened with McCullough at Brisbane . He was outstanding , what a great pick up he was

Hopefully Blake gets hammered for that, calling a ref that is bang out of order at the best of times, but to do it when it wasn't even his bloody decision was disgusting and moronic. 

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Genuinely shocked by how lenient that is. Sends the wrong message on many levels. 

Its unbelievable,  so you can call a referee a f'ing retard for a decision he didn't even make and get just 2 games. I'm sure the referee is chuffed to bits with that.

28 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

A leaked referee’s report allegedly shows what he’s said. He’s got to be looking at double his initial ban, if it’s true. For me, this is far worse than the Leilua incident. 

Absolutely.

Four weeks for a retributive cheap shot vs two weeks for unjustifiable repeated abuse of the referee with inflammatory language shows the NRL’s moral compass has gone awry. 

17 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Absolutely.

Four weeks for a retributive cheap shot vs two weeks for unjustifiable repeated abuse of the referee with inflammatory language shows the NRL’s moral compass has gone awry. 

I doubt Leulia would have got anything if it had been SoO.

This is the latest:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/122060354/arlc-chairman-peter-vlandys-fumes-as-second-addin-fonuablake-ref-spray-revealed

Archived