Boots, boots, boots

Does it matter? I must admit it is something that I've noticed before, watching football as well as rugby. The team wear matching kits which obviously look really professional and uniform and then all have different boots. Not a problem at all, just one of those little OCD things that would look great if they were all the same colour, after all it is also part of the required kit. 

At junior/amateur levels in my experience in Rugby and Football there is a sort of unwritten rule that you only wear flashy coloured boots if you're good. So centre backs or props that aren't skillful and are really there to make up numbers and/or hurt the opposition tend to be the ones going for the black and white sondicos.

At the professional level though all the players are "good" haha so they've earned the flashy boots.

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

White, gold, turquoise, orange, green, silver, yellow, red, two-coloured, luminous. 

Doesn't anyone wear plain black boots anymore? Watching the NRL it seems not! 

Adidas Toeprodders are available in pink now, i believe.

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

White, gold, turquoise, orange, green, silver, yellow, red, two-coloured, luminous. 

Doesn't anyone wear plain black boots anymore? Watching the NRL it seems not! 

Maybe a Black Boots Matter movement is required?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Never bothered me, always wore whatever was cheapest, hence the pair of canary yellow boots, after all, once they're muddy who notices ?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Just now, BJW said:

Never bothered me, always wore whatever was cheapest, hence the pair of canary yellow boots, after all, once they're muddy who notices ?

Unfortunately most pitches these days are too well kept for players to get particularly mucky. It's one thing I always love about watching lower league games, an old, traditional stadium, a muddy field and that evil drizzle that looks like it won't wet you too much but you end up soaked on the terraces. A bit of nostalgia. 😊

As a kid playing football and rugby at school in the 70’s I used to be chuffed to bits if my parents bought me some boots with one or two white stripes and the sheer joy if they were screw in studs.  I couldn’t understand why some kids wore white boots as promoted by Alan Ball.  I thought you had to be a superstar to even consider wearing something so outrageous.

As an aside if any RL player wore their socks over the knees like soccer players do then they should be flogged on the pitch at half time.  Doesn’t anyone tell the soccer players they look bl00dy stupid.

I always only ever had one pair of boots at any one time. Sometimes moulded, sometimes screw-in. I'd wear them whatever the surface or conditions. 

Some teammates would bring along two or three pairs and long and laboured discussion would ensue as to the most appropriate footwear for the game. 

Can't beat a pair of black Puma's with that White stripe though I admit to having a pair of white boots as a young teenager back in the early 70s, loved them.

Archived