Motorsports 2020/2021

Return of the F1 season and Lewis Hamilton has a chance to equal Michael Schumacher’s record of 7 titles.

I think he must stand a decent chance with Max Verstappen looking the nearest challenger.

Keep an eye out for the progress of young British driver Lando Norris in the McLaren who had a very promising debut season last year.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MotoGP returns on the 19th of July, starting at the Circuito de Jerez.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Really not good for Ferrari who have had to change their engine after it was dubious last season. Only 1 Ferrari powered car in Q3 and half of the fleet out in Q1.

Its particularly worse for anyone who is slow as the cars effectively will stay v similar for next season too as the major rule changes have been delayed to 2022.

Lando did very well as did Alex Albon.

Racing Point with their Pink Mercedes 2019 car could lock out the second row if they had better drivers

BTCC will return on weekend of 1-2 August at Donington. Organisers hoping to get crowds in. Hoping crowds are back cos I normally get to Croft though that's in October so good chance! Hoping Senna Proctor can have a better season, didn't push on from a decent 2018 but he had switched to the suburu. In the excelr8 hyundai this year don't know much about them so we'll just have to see. 

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

BTCC will return on weekend of 1-2 August at Donington. Organisers hoping to get crowds in. Hoping crowds are back cos I normally get to Croft though that's in October so good chance! Hoping Senna Proctor can have a better season, didn't push on from a decent 2018 but he had switched to the suburu. In the excelr8 hyundai this year don't know much about them so we'll just have to see. 

Is this British Touring Cars Championship?

Ive not watched it for some time (think Jason Plato), but used to enjoy it when I did.

What channels cover it at the moment (ITV?)

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Is this British Touring Cars Championship?

Ive not watched it for some time (think Jason Plato), but used to enjoy it when I did.

What channels cover it at the moment (ITV?)

It is yes, extensive coverage on itv, qualifying online and about 7-8 hours of live coverage on raceday on itv4  covers all three touring car races and all the support races as well. Touring car races tend to be every couple hours with the support races in between them.

The Ginettas are always an entertaining support race, especially the Ginettas Juniors which is 15-16-17 year old racing. I find the Clio Cup the most exciting support race though, always a lot of action in that one. 

Jason is still racing although he's not done much for quite a few years, was involved in bringing suburu into the sport. They had one decent season and then were rubbish for 3 years and pulled out for this year. He's been at Vauxhall last year and this. Only a couple of wins off 100 now, hopefully will get them this year, only a matter of time until he retires, must be about 52-53 years old now. 

i think lando should have got the ferrari stint.he sure put some good drives in so far. talk of jason plato i can remember him rubbing with a mr rob speak in ascars when rockingham opened up on the large oval, he picked on wrong fella for sure. if you have a spare hour try utube >>> rob speak the legend, and for support formula try national ministox. kids aged from 10 thru to 16,lots of top drivers came thru this route and have gone on to be top drivers all over the world,and the top drivers start at back and have to work thru to the front to score points/wins.we did ten years with both my lads getting up to superstar grade.

29 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Lewis Hamilton finishes 4th after picking up a penalty for forcing Albon off at a corner.

Happy to see Norris up there but that penalty was a bit BS. Hamilton went into the corner ahead, Albon overtook him through the corner but Hamilton was already set in the line he was taking, which was the racing line. There was absolutely nothing he could do to change it at that point.

Albon and Red Bull demanding apologies for it is rubbish.

This is the incident. Hamilton has full right lock on. Albon hits Hamilton's tyre from behind. Hamilton can't turn any further right. If, as the penalty suggests, he takes his foot off the gas once Albon gets slightly past, Albon still hits him.

47 minutes ago, M j M said:

This is the incident. Hamilton has full right lock on. Albon hits Hamilton's tyre from behind. Hamilton can't turn any further right. If, as the penalty suggests, he takes his foot off the gas once Albon gets slightly past, Albon still hits him.

Must admit from when I viewed it live I thought Hamilton had forced Albon off.

Have Mercedes appealed?

My household are split. Me and my brother think Alex had right of way, though perhaps showed a little inexperience. 

My dad thinks Hamilton wasn't at fault at all. 

It was an audacious move and came as a result of excellent strategy. 

Buzzing for Lando. McLaren are just a really likeable team at the moment and its great to see them take their chances so well. 

Ferrari significantly better in the race than qualy which I suppose is a bonus for them. Leclerc was excellent again.

What is going on with the reliability though? Only 11 cars finishing out of 20???

i think the stewards got it right,hamilton dident want to be shown up getting passed on outside,took far too much speed into the corner as he knew albon was at side and his nose was in front,great race and cant wait for next week,whats odds on some kerbs getting shaved all week.them sensors cant take been bashed about. yellow flags and pace car is needed every 15 laps..lol.

8 hours ago, silverback said:

i think the stewards got it right,hamilton dident want to be shown up getting passed on outside,took far too much speed into the corner as he knew albon was at side and his nose was in front,great race and cant wait for next week,whats odds on some kerbs getting shaved all week.them sensors cant take been bashed about. yellow flags and pace car is needed every 15 laps..lol.

Hamilton took the same speed into the corner as he normally did, he followed the same line into the corner as he normally would, was ahead going into the corner, and had full right lock on. I honestly don't see what he could or should have done differently. Once Albon pulled up alongside he couldn't change any of it, including backing off the power as that would have still resulted in a collision.

2 hours ago, M j M said:

Hamilton took the same speed into the corner as he normally did, he followed the same line into the corner as he normally would, was ahead going into the corner, and had full right lock on. I honestly don't see what he could or should have done differently. Once Albon pulled up alongside he couldn't change any of it, including backing off the power as that would have still resulted in a collision.

naaa, he knew just what he were doing,his car wernt spot on other wise albon wouldent have got near, to be fair lewis is better than that and if he had taken a better line(in steady out faster) he would have drag raced back to the front, you can see on the replay he took double the width of his car to stop albon making him look bad.once hes in contact you even see him give a little left nudge with steering wheel to say have that, like i said lewis as skill to burn but the car was getting hot and only performs when its in clean air at front of a race,stewards know whats what and took no time to dock him,am sure he will be back at the front next week.

1 hour ago, silverback said:

naaa, he knew just what he were doing,his car wernt spot on other wise albon wouldent have got near, to be fair lewis is better than that and if he had taken a better line(in steady out faster) he would have drag raced back to the front, you can see on the replay he took double the width of his car to stop albon making him look bad.once hes in contact you even see him give a little left nudge with steering wheel to say have that, like i said lewis as skill to burn but the car was getting hot and only performs when its in clean air at front of a race,stewards know whats what and took no time to dock him,am sure he will be back at the front next week.

You know Hamilton was on old tyres and Albon new ones, right. It is very annoying how much a part tyre life plays in modern f1 but it's a fact that there was it was a faster car on a slower one. 

Hamilton took the line everyone took, it was the racing line. The nudge to the left must be a figment of your imagination. 

11 minutes ago, M j M said:

You know Hamilton was on old tyres and Albon new ones, right. It is very annoying how much a part tyre life plays in modern f1 but it's a fact that there was it was a faster car on a slower one. 

Hamilton took the line everyone took, it was the racing line. The nudge to the left must be a figment of your imagination. 

you need to check out onboard at the time,he deffo does a turn left but the skill these drivers have they can throw a car into a corner and make it look like its the cars fault, he got it wrong and other cars dident go that wide at all,its no big deal that his car was not 100% but lewis makes up for it in skill,but am sorry he got that wrong and if it were the other way round he would have gone crazy,hell he were already beefing that bottas were useing more kerb than him,banger driving.

Tha Thai driver pitted for fresh tyres, unlike the two Mercedes’ in front of him, and immediately upon the restart he attacked as they went side-by-side through Turn Four. As Albon looked to have swept round the outside of the six-time champion, Hamilton ran wide and his left-front tyre hit the right-rear of Albon’s Red Bull, spinning him off the track and eventually into retirement.

he ran wide as is car was naff on worn tyres and dident want to look a fool been passed on the outside,anyone thats done a few laps in anger on any track know this is a pi** take,so on the top a the pile driver its even worse.

Lewis took pole yesterday in heavy rain with Verstappen second and Carlos Sainz third in the McLaren.

Lando Norris finished 6th, but faces a three place grid penalty for a yellow flag penalty during first practice.

Another nightmare for Ferrari with LeClerc and Vettel only managing 10th and 11th.

Conditions will be very different today as it looks dry ahead of the Styrian GP in Austria.

Archived