Motorsports 2020/2021

19 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Unbelievable finish with Lewis nursing a puncture around the last lap with Verstappen reeling him in all the time.

Lando Norris finishing 5th place with LeClerc in third.

Bottas sufferers puncture to dropping from second to out of the points altogether.

Unlucky for McLaren with Sainz having a blow out too. 

Next week is going to be interesting with the tyre compounds getting 1 degree softer. Basically enforces a 2 stopper. Could even see some teams go for Quali on the hard tyre (this weeks medium) as the softs were pretty poor all weekend.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Redding did the double in Jerez WSBK

Motogp is going to be very good this year with Marquez being injured then having to fight back from 50 points down.

Diamond road races for 2021 which is great after the Ulster GP going under.

The cream of motorsport is the Isle of Man TT.

Typical, after being starved of sport for months we get Moto GP, WSBK, BRITISH SBK and 1 NRL plus 2 SL games today same tomorrow with a extra SL game. It's going to take some juggling of the record button to fit that lot in.

20 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Typical, after being starved of sport for months we get Moto GP, WSBK, BRITISH SBK and 1 NRL plus 2 SL games today same tomorrow with a extra SL game. It's going to take some juggling of the record button to fit that lot in.

It is a hard life, but we must try to bear up under the burden of all this entertainment.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Road racing returns to Oliver's Mount next weekend. 🏁🏁🏁😎😎😎

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

If Hulkenberg does what we're all hoping for and gets a podium tomorrow, what happens? Especially if Stroll shows the lack of race pace he did last week.

Hulk and Vettel at Aston Martin 2021??

On a personal level, its great to see a driver like Hulk in a really competitive car. I know people have issues with this racing point, but its good to see a new team challenging at the top.

10 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

If Hulkenberg does what we're all hoping for and gets a podium tomorrow, what happens? Especially if Stroll shows the lack of race pace he did last week.

Hulk and Vettel at Aston Martin 2021??

On a personal level, its great to see a driver like Hulk in a really competitive car. I know people have issues with this racing point, but its good to see a new team challenging at the top.

Sadly Stroll is untouchable at Racing Point so it's Stroll plus one other. Hulkenberg could replace Kimi Räikkönen at Alfa Romeo.

If I were Red Bull I'd stick someone like him in their second car and stop messing around with people who either won't perform or can't perform under the pressure of that team.

Great win by Verstappen yesterday, OK the Mercedes struggled but that's hopefully a sign that their car isn't in all conditions going to be able to blow the opposition out of the water.

Bottas no doubt unhappy about being overtaken by Hamilton on strategy rather than pace as such, but Hamilton's approach was strategy on the hoof as opposed to a calculated plan and it sort of worked out for him in the end.

On 03/08/2020 at 16:30, Bert1 said:

Scott Redding did the double in Jerez WSBK

Motogp is going to be very good this year with Marquez being injured then having to fight back from 50 points down.

Diamond road races for 2021 which is great after the Ulster GP going under.

The cream of motorsport is the Isle of Man TT.

Just how good was Brad Binder? Ok so there is always going to be the question mark about no MM93 being there but that's entirely down to Marquez, in it to win it and all that but Binder in only his 3rd Moto GP race comprehensively beat the rest of the field aboard a bike thats never won a race before. A breath of fresh air to what looked like becoming a stale offering. I don't expect BB to win every race from now on but it brings another rider to the top 5 or 6 contenders, certainly KTM should be capable of matching it with Suzuki and the ailing Ducatis

7 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Just how good was Brad Binder? Ok so there is always going to be the question mark about no MM93 being there but that's entirely down to Marquez, in it to win it and all that but Binder in only his 3rd Moto GP race comprehensively beat the rest of the field aboard a bike thats never won a race before. A breath of fresh air to what looked like becoming a stale offering. I don't expect BB to win every race from now on but it brings another rider to the top 5 or 6 contenders, certainly KTM should be capable of matching it with Suzuki and the ailing Ducatis

Brad Binder has a bike he can push hard without worrying as much as he might have done with the previous KTM. He has about as much respect for reputation as Marc Marquez had when he joined MotoGP. A breath of fresh air indeed.

If Sunday wasn't a flash in the pan, and I doubt it was, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the bigger works teams looked at signing him.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 09/08/2020 at 10:28, M j M said:

Sadly Stroll is untouchable at Racing Point so it's Stroll plus one other. Hulkenberg could replace Kimi Räikkönen at Alfa Romeo.

If I were Red Bull I'd stick someone like him in their second car and stop messing around with people who either won't perform or can't perform under the pressure of that team.

That is a real shame but probably the truth.

I get that point about Red Bull, it certainly wouldn't be the worst move they've ever made. I think with Albon we've got to keep remembering this is only his second season in F1 and his point of reference (his team mate) is one of the most gifted drivers in his generation.

On 10/08/2020 at 10:37, M j M said:

Great win by Verstappen yesterday, OK the Mercedes struggled but that's hopefully a sign that their car isn't in all conditions going to be able to blow the opposition out of the water.

Bottas no doubt unhappy about being overtaken by Hamilton on strategy rather than pace as such, but Hamilton's approach was strategy on the hoof as opposed to a calculated plan and it sort of worked out for him in the end.

Will be interesting to see how it goes next week in similar circumstances on a similar track at Barcelona.

Loved Max's determination throughout the race, particularly at the start refusing to slow down and sensing correctly that this was their chance to beat the Mercs.

Fernando Alonso is confirmed as an entrant for the INDY500 2020 on August 23. Really is a great race, with speeds up to 220mph. If you've not seen it give it a go.

Entry list for the 2020 Indianapolis 500

1 Josef Newgarden - Team Penske - Chevrolet
3 Helio Castroneves - Team Penske - Chevrolet
4 Charlie Kimball - A.J. Foyt Enterprises - Chevrolet
5 Pato O'Ward - Arrow McLaren SP - Chevrolet
7 Oliver Askew - Arrow McLaren SP - Chevrolet
8 Marcus Ericsson - Chip Ganassi Racing - Honda
9 Scott Dixon - Chip Ganassi Racing - Honda
10 Felix Rosenqvist - Chip Ganassi Racing - Honda
12 Will Power - Team Penske - Chevrolet
14 Tony Kanaan - A.J. Foyt Enterprises - Chevrolet
15 Graham Rahal - Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing - Honda
18 Santino Ferrucci - Dale Coyne Racing w/ Vasser Sullivan - Honda
20 Ed Carpenter - Ed Carpenter Racing - Chevrolet
21 Rinus VeeKay - Ed Carpenter Racing - Chevrolet
22 Simon Pagenaud - Team Penske - Chevrolet
24 Sage Karam - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing - Chevrolet
26 Zach Veach - Andretti Autosport - Honda
27 Alexander Rossi - Andretti Autosport - Honda
28 Ryan Hunter-Reay - Andretti Autosport - Honda
29 James Hinchcliffe - Andretti Autosport - Honda
30 Takuma Sato - Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing - Honda
41 Dalton Kellett - A.J. Foyt Enterprises - Chevrolet
45 Spencer Pigot - RLL w/ Citrone/Buhl Autosport - Honda
47 Conor Daly - Ed Carpenter Racing - Chevrolet
51 James Davison - Dale Coyne Racing w/ Rick Ware Racing, Byrd & Belardi - Honda
55 Alex Palou - Dale Coyne Racing w/ Team Goh - Honda
59 Max Chilton - Carlin - Chevrolet
60 Jack Harvey - Meyer Shank Racing - Honda
66 Fernando Alonso - Arrow McLaren SP - Chevrolet
67 J.R. Hildebrand - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing - Chevrolet
81 Ben Hanley - DragonSpeed USA - Chevrolet
88 Colton Herta - Andretti Harding Steinbrenner Autosport - Honda
98 Marco Andretti - Andretti Herta Autosport w/ Marco & Curb-Agajanian - Honda

Last 10 laps of last year's race. 

Top 25 indy 500 crashes. Some UNBELIEVABLE stuff here.

14 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Fernando Alonso is confirmed as an entrant for the INDY500 2020 on August 23. Really is a great race, with speeds up to 220mph. If you've not seen it give it a go.

51 James Davison - Dale Coyne Racing w/ Rick Ware Racing, Byrd & Belardi - Honda

Top 25 indy 500 crashes.

Going for the Triple Crown 

Danica Patrick famous indy 500 fourth place , the highest for a woman Don't tell me women can't race F1

Top 10 closest finishes in IndyCar general racing. 

2 hours ago, HawkMan said:

Top 25 indy 500 crashes. Some UNBELIEVABLE stuff here.

A few names stick out to me there, I take it Marco is related to the great Mario Andretti of those shores?

Yes,  Marco is the son of Michael and grandson of Mario. He's a fearless driver, which in his early races had Michael the team manager tearing his hair out by some reckless driving. Current F1 Max Verstappen starred on IndyCar for a few years before leaving. FI is absolutely the most cutting edge motor series,  but not necessarily the most exciting. IndyCar is pretty action packed. 

23 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Yes,  Marco is the son of Michael and grandson of Mario. He's a fearless driver, which in his early races had Michael the team manager tearing his hair out by some reckless driving. Current F1 Max Verstappen starred on IndyCar for a few years before leaving. FI is absolutely the most cutting edge motor series,  but not necessarily the most exciting. IndyCar is pretty action packed. 

I’ll keep an eye on it and if it doesn’t clash with anything then I’m in.

Have Sky got it?

I’ve seen a few in the past as even though I wouldn’t class myself as a petrolhead, I like multidisciplines in motorsport and the Americans are good at sports storytelling.

11 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Have Sky got it?

I’ve seen a few in the past as even though I wouldn’t class myself as a petrolhead, I like multidisciplines in motorsport and the Americans are good at sports storytelling.

I went to the Champ Car race in Vancouver many years back while on holiday there. Better than F1 but the problem with street races is the slightest mistake and the car is damaged in collision with the crash walls bringing out a long period of yellow flag cruising whilst it's lifted clear. Ovals are better in that respect but any sign of rain and that's it, no racing, a contributing factor to the white elephant that was Rockhampton.

36 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Have Sky got it?

It's on sky F1 channel,  but the race only not any other magazine shows or anything else. They have the whole series,  but the pandemic has affected it hugely as the series is mainly set in USA, with Toronto and Mexico City as well. The next race is the Indy500, qualifying on Saturday 8pm, the race Sunday week, probably at 5pm. The gap between qualifying and race is normal for the 500, but not other races. 

Highlights of opening races, ;

This just happened - Rossi sees one wrecked bike shoot across the track in front of him, while another flies right over his head.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived