Motorsports 2020/2021

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Depends how I'll he was. If he was 99.9999% well, hed be on top of his game. However, had he been 50% fit, then yes, you are right. 

As I put , not his usual self , happy to just plod round without challenging his team mate , or indeed complaining the car/tyres/weather wasn't right , no way fit enough to race , but probably not wanting Russell driving it again 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

As I put , not his usual self , happy to just plod round without challenging his team mate , or indeed complaining the car/tyres/weather wasn't right , no way fit enough to race , but probably not wanting Russell driving it again 

He finished a 190 mile car race 3 seconds behind his teammate.

If your clownish opinion is that he was plodding around then there is little hope for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hamilton still hasn't signed a contract...

Rumour going round is that Daimler-Benz (one of the 3 key owners of the Mercedes F1 team) have straight up rejected his contract demands of £50million a season, upgraded from £40 million a season up to press. 

As much as I am massive Hamilton fan I do empathise with Daimler here. 

The 2021 car is barely changing from the previous season and so everyone expects the Mercedes to be utterly dominant. As George Russell in his brief appearance and a bang average 2020 Valterri Bottas have shown the value added by having a driver of Lewis' calibre is only valuable against their team mate as they are already so far ahead of the field.

With that in mind, I think its clear to see why Mercedes would look at a Russell, or even a Hulkenberg (extra relevance as he is German), who they could sign for literally a tiny fraction of the wages Hamilton requires and almost certainly get similar results over a season - a drivers and constructors title. Daimler recognise they have the cards in this scenario because of that fact and won't be held over a barrel by Hamilton for a contract far in excess of anyone else's.

He's almost priced himself out of the market.

On 18/12/2020 at 17:44, M j M said:

Exit Albon. Had to happen, he seems a nice enough lad but even if the car is basically built for Verstappen the second driver shouldn't be as far behind as Albon was this year.

It is a shame about Albon, I personally can't wait to see Horner's excuse for a 4th or even 5th driver being sidelined for Team Max next year though with Perez.

Archived