Daly Cherry Evans

• John Drake changed the title to Daly Cherry Evans

Keep trying.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He qualifies to play for England too 

I can see it now ... Cherry - Evans to Hastings to Radley to Austin to score in the corner , the WC is ours ...

( only kidding Harry ... )

11 hours ago, arcticchris said:

Totally agree. 

The Aussies will be more beatable at the World Cup next year if they stick with DCE at 7. If they go with Mitchell Moses and give him the freedom to run the show then they become much more dangerous in attack.

Luke Keary will be half. Munster and Keary in the halves will be scary. Actually look at this Aussie backline 

1. Tedesco 

2. Ponga

3. Mitchell 

4. Trbojevic

5. Holmes 

6. Munster

7. Keary 

Then throw in a forward pack of Haas, Papalii, Klemmer, Vaughan, Fifita, Cordner, J Trbojevic, Murray

and Harry Grant and Damien Cook hookers 

scary good side 

Just now, DavidM said:

Five fullbacks . Can they loan us one ?

Holmes best position is wing imo and on his day is the best winger in the game, Mitchell’s best position centre. The other 3 you have to find a way to get them all in the side even if it means playing KP on the wing. Turbo plays centre for NSW. 

When you compare Cherry-Evans to a lot of the Australian half backs over the last decade or so he would never come into my thinking as the best or even amongst them. He just seems to fly under the radar compared to the Cronk's and Thurston's who he has been up against. That said he has played 15 times for Australia and 10 times for Queensland, won a Premiership and been a captain of Manly so obviously must offer a lot and cant be too shabby at the basics either.

Cherry-Evans was a back up rep player at State of Origin and international level for most of his carrer.  He got his chance to cement a position when Cronk retired from rep football.

However, I would expect the likes of Moses and Clearly to battle it out for the Kangaroo #7 jersey moving forward.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

44 minutes ago, Aussie Bronco said:

Luke Keary will be half. Munster and Keary in the halves will be scary. Actually look at this Aussie backline 

1. Tedesco 

2. Ponga

3. Mitchell 

4. Trbojevic

5. Holmes 

6. Munster

7. Keary 

Then throw in a forward pack of Haas, Papalii, Klemmer, Vaughan, Fifita, Cordner, J Trbojevic, Murray

and Harry Grant and Damien Cook hookers 

scary good side 

I don't think it will be a Keary / Munster half back partnership.  They both excel at 6 and would benefit from having a scrum half with a good organising / kicking game alongside them.

I personally think that Moses or Clearly at 7 and Keary at 6 is a better combination.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I’d pick Moses personally . I like what he brings , and this year in a team with expectation on its shoulders will tell us more about him . He’s ticking more and more boxes though . Cleary doesn’t have that individual brilliance to the same extent , but he’s a good organiser , string puller and increasingly is coming up with influential plays at big moments . Within a team dynamic I wouldn’t be surprised if they went with him . I wish we had these headaches mind ... they could shift Keary , they don’t fuss over doing that . Terrible issues  for them ...

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Five fullbacks . Can they loan us one ?

They can keep 'em! We have a fine tradition of producing jaw-dropping full backs. Paul Atcheson did things at No.1 for GB that defied logic.

15 minutes ago, Scubby said:

They can keep 'em! We have a fine tradition of producing jaw-dropping full backs. Paul Atcheson did things at No.1 for GB that defied logic.

I don't think it is any exaggeration to say he was in a class of his own.

37 minutes ago, Scubby said:

My predict has never raised jaw instead of ball ever😁

On 05/07/2020 at 09:04, Arters said:

Cherry Evan's has got to be one  of the most over rated players ever in the nrl .

He offers nothing and cant even do the basics right week in week out a half back is supposed to do .

Having watched him live almost weekly for 3 years in Sydney until recently, I can safely say you're miles off chap. He's a great combination of an organising and running half, with a quality kicking game and great defence. Manly have had a series of challenges at 6 since Foran left though, often playing reserve grade standard 5/8ths due to squad depth and/or ridiculous bad luck with injury - at times that makes it easy to read that it'll all go through DCE when the other half is a placeholder. With him, Dylan Walker and Tom T on the pitch though that's an amazing attacking spine and it's Cherry-Evans who makes the trio tick - just like the Daly/Foran/Stewart premiership combo. 

If Manly can get the 3 on the pitch consistently come play off time, I can see them winning the comp

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

19 hours ago, arcticchris said:

Totally agree. 

The Aussies will be more beatable at the World Cup next year if they stick with DCE at 7. If they go with Mitchell Moses and give him the freedom to run the show then they become much more dangerous in attack.

Mitchell Moses is the half back choice of Lebanon. He was a star for  Lebanon in the 2017 WC, and he should be allowed to lead Lebanon in 2021.

Just now, Manfred Mann said:

Mitchell Moses is the half back choice of Lebanon. He was a star for  Lebanon in the 2017 WC, and he should be allowed to lead Lebanon in 2021

He will be allowed to but he won’t want to will he ? 

Archived