Daly Cherry Evans

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

Mitchell Moses is the half back choice of Lebanon. He was a star for  Lebanon in the 2017 WC, and he should be allowed to lead Lebanon in 2021.

True but we all know that the most likely thing to happen is that if the Kangaroos come calling he will drop Lebanon quicker than you can say falafel wrap.

2 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Mitchell Moses is the half back choice of Lebanon. He was a star for  Lebanon in the 2017 WC, and he should be allowed to lead Lebanon in 2021.

Is Tedesco turning out for Italy again next time they are given a game.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Me too.

Lebanon will not have Tim Mannah and Robbie Farah to play for it again in 2021. But it will have Adam Doueihi (West’s Tigers) at full back, Josh Mansour (Penrith), at centre, and Alex Twal (Wests Tigers) at prop. If Mitchell Moses (Parramatta) was to play at half back, then Lebanon’s performances would improve massively over what it can achieve without him.

8 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Me too.

Lebanon will not have Tim Mannah and Robbie Farah to play for it again in 2021. But it will have Adam Doueihi (West’s Tigers) at full back, Josh Mansour (Penrith), at centre, and Alex Twal (Wests Tigers) at prop. If Mitchell Moses (Parramatta) was to play at half back, then Lebanon’s performances would improve massively over what it can achieve without him.

Moses is obviously going to pick the kangaroos, but I personally would rather see a Munster/Keary partnership in the halves

2 hours ago, Aussie Bronco said:

Moses is obviously going to pick the kangaroos, but I personally would rather see a Munster/Keary partnership in the halves

I like Moses alot as a player. Very good attacking runner, high skills. Issue could be for the Kangaroos with his defensive ability. Correct me if I'm wrong, however at club level he generally has a player cover his side specifically to keep him off too much tackling. He's yet to play SOO either, so I would feel the jury is still out on if he will be at the step up to tier 1 international level in 2021.

The Roos may well go for a safe option which DCE would be... With Munster or Keary. 

On 06/07/2020 at 11:19, Aussie Bronco said:

Luke Keary will be half. Munster and Keary in the halves will be scary. Actually look at this Aussie backline 

1. Tedesco 

2. Ponga

3. Mitchell 

4. Trbojevic

5. Holmes 

6. Munster

7. Keary 

Then throw in a forward pack of Haas, Papalii, Klemmer, Vaughan, Fifita, Cordner, J Trbojevic, Murray

and Harry Grant and Damien Cook hookers 

scary good side 

It’s just a team of individuals though. Turbo will likely be injured and isn’t nearly as effective at centre where he doesn’t standout. Similarly with Ponga on the wing. Holmes hasn’t hit the heights since coming back, whilst Mitchell is very erratic. I can’t see Munster and Keary gelling as a halves partnership as neither are traditional organisers. Munster has more brilliance in his game but can often go missing. I’d go for Cleary and Keary

Still, I wish England had those selection issues

On 06/07/2020 at 11:19, Aussie Bronco said:

Luke Keary will be half. Munster and Keary in the halves will be scary. Actually look at this Aussie backline 

1. Tedesco 

2. Ponga

3. Mitchell 

4. Trbojevic

5. Holmes 

6. Munster

7. Keary 

To be honest, I wouldn't select many of these.

Your backline may be full of individually good player but I reckon this one would be better suited to win a game.  Apart Wighton (who excelled in Origin at centre) they are all playing in their club positions.

1. James Tedesco

2. Josh Addo-Carr

3. Jack Wighton

4. Jesse Ramien

5. Blake Ferguson

6. Luke Keary

7. Nathan Clearly

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 hours ago, Dunbar said:

To be honest, I wouldn't select many of these.

Your backline may be full of individually good player but I reckon this one would be better suited to win a game.  Apart Wighton (who excelled in Origin at centre) they are all playing in their club positions.

1. James Tedesco

2. Josh Addo-Carr

3. Jack Wighton

4. Jesse Ramien

5. Blake Ferguson

6. Luke Keary

7. Nathan Clearly

I don’t rate Jesse Ramien, I’d have Mitchell or even Staggs in the centre’s before him. 

On 06/07/2020 at 04:31, Eddie said:

I can’t imagine there are any SL clubs who wouldn’t want him. 

I am a big fan of Cherry-Evans, apart from being a good footballer he is well spoken ,clean cut ,intellegent  we need more blokes like him in the game .He is a great role model and should be used more to market our game , he flys in the face of a lot of the perceptions that people have of League players.

They don’t seem to bother too much about club positions , they want the best players . Tommy Turbo scored a hat trick at centre , he can easily play wing . I wouldn’t be surprised if Fittler is loyal to the game 2&3 series winning backline , although I also wouldn’t be surprised if Mitchell came in and shoved Turbo out to the wing . In the halves Keary and Cleary seems a good mix , with Moses the other option 

9 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Has Staggs shown any interest in playing for Australia?

I don’t know why he wouldn’t want to play for Australia if he is in contention.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

9 hours ago, The Rocket said:

I am a big fan of Cherry-Evans, apart from being a good footballer he is well spoken ,clean cut ,intellegent  we need more blokes like him in the game .He is a great role model and should be used more to market our game , he flys in the face of a lot of the perceptions that people have of League players.

We have a dearth of well spoken, clean cut intelligent rugby league players. The former prince of those players, Cooper Cronk, has now retired from playing and jumped immediately into a central role as a commentator on Fox League television. Daly Cherry-Evans might possibly follow Cooper Cronk’s path when Daly retires.

4 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

We have a dearth of well spoken, clean cut intelligent rugby league players. The former prince of those players, Cooper Cronk, has now retired from playing and jumped immediately into a central role as a commentator on Fox League television. Daly Cherry-Evans might possibly follow Cooper Cronk’s path when Daly retires.

Rugby League in this country runs the danger of being seen as a game being only played by a rougher element of society, while this certainly isn`t true,  with the majority being good , honest, hardworking working class kids, the actions and we have too many make it very easy for people to dismiss us as such. 

On 06/07/2020 at 16:40, Allora said:

Is Tedesco turning out for Italy again next time they are given a game.

If either Tom Trbojevic or Kalyn Ponga get picked as full back ahead of him he might. However I don't think that this is going to happen.

Archived