New York

I know I started a thread based on a podcast yesterday and I really don’t want to make a habit of it, but this week’s Chasing Kangaroos might be of interest to some of you. 

It’s an interview with Ricky Wilby. No doubt there is a lot of scepticism from people on this forum but what they’re doing sounds so positive. They’re already working with local schools to get the game played there and will have four full time development officers. They also intend to have a number of Americans in the squad right from the off. 

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/anchor-podcasts/chasing-kangaroos/e/74611979

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eddie said:

I know I started a thread based on a podcast yesterday and I really don’t want to make a habit of it, but this week’s Chasing Kangaroos might be of interest to some of you. 

It’s an interview with Ricky Wilby. No doubt there is a lot of scepticism from people on this forum but what they’re doing sounds so positive. They’re already working with local schools to get the game played there and will have four full time development officers. They also intend to have a number of Americans in the squad right from the off. 

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/anchor-podcasts/chasing-kangaroos/e/74611979

Where is the seed money coming from?

Just now, Eddie said:

I find it credible without that, have a listen. 

I will, but before I do, can you explain why?

It’s very easy to get carried away by an enthusiastic speaker, but I think we both understand that these things cost money to be successful.

That’s precisely why I ask who is providing the seed money.

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

It’s very easy to get carried away by an enthusiastic speaker, but I think we both understand that these things cost money to be successful.

I don’t know and I don’t really care, why would I want to know what individuals or sponsors are putting money in - it doesn’t matter one bit as long as they are doing so. 

What maybe someone could explain to me  is why would this bloke make all this stuff up?  Is he some sort of conman  ?   If  he is , who is he trying to rip off 

40 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I own a business.  The only people that know how much I borrowed are me, my wife and the Bank Manager.  Why should I tell people the amount it cost to start my business?  Why is it anyone else’s business?

4 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

What maybe someone could explain to me  is why would this bloke make all this stuff up? 

This! 

Maybe NY won't eventually come off, but why would anyone talk a load of old bullsh.. about the bid.

12 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

This! 

Maybe NY won't eventually come off, but why would anyone talk a load of old bullsh.. about the bid.

I don`t understand your response. What is " This ! "  referring to ?

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I don’t know and I don’t really care, why would I want to know what individuals or sponsors are putting money in - it doesn’t matter one bit as long as they are doing so. 

Given the ' shenanigans ' we've just seen with Wigan Athletic , it's not an unreasonable request IMO

53 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

I own a business.  The only people that know how much I borrowed are me, my wife and the Bank Manager.  Why should I tell people the amount it cost to start my business?  Why is it anyone else’s business?

Because to be successful in professional sport costs money therefore knowing what backing this New York project has is entirely reasonable?

I want to know whether the people involved are credible or not.

That will set the tone for me.

6 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Because to be successful in professional sport costs money therefore knowing what backing this New York project has is entirely reasonable?

I want to know whether the people involved are credible or not.

That will set the tone for me.

We’re going round in circles so will have to agree to disagree 👍

Archived