Super League clubs narrowly reject move to draw closer to RFL

10 hours ago, Total Rugby League said:

Top flight clubs last week narrowly opposed a plan to re-merge Super League and the Rugby Football League’s governance of the sport, League Express can...

View the full article

So i presume that in the future if the RFL gets more money from the government regarding covid-19 the Super League clubs won't want any of it.

4 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

So i presume that in the future if the RFL gets more money from the government regarding covid-19 the Super League clubs won't want any of it.

' Cake ' and so on 

7 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

How much of the loan have clubs accessed so far?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, GUBRATS said:

In the spirit of the New York thread , " mind your own business " 

Indeed.

So you'll retract your cake comment as it's based only on your dark heart and not any known facts.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Indeed.

So you'll retract your cake comment as it's based only on your dark heart and not any known facts.

My post refers to them wanting some of it , which I have no doubt they will , and indeed should get , yours refers to ' how much ' , something that will never be made public 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

My post refers to them wanting some of it , which I have no doubt they will , and indeed should get , yours refers to ' how much ' , something that will never be made public 

Should show in their accounts? Loans normally do.

Just now, GUBRATS said:

So in 3/4 years time , nobody will care then 

Are you new? We still have people banging on about mergers that didn't happen twenty-five years ago.

Just now, gingerjon said:

Are you new? We still have people banging on about mergers that didn't happen twenty-five years ago.

More those that did , and how succssessful they were 

9 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

No idea, but last week the Robins were after some.

Now the fact is this money was given to the RFL not Super League Europe or what ever they call themselves nowadays.

Super league clubs can't have it both ways

Yes they can , they are part of the pro game , the loan was to help the pro game survive , they are as entitled as anybody 

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

Now the fact is this money was given to the RFL not Super League Europe or what ever they call themselves nowadays.

Presumably you'd be keen to see the RFL reimburse SL for the circa £6m they receive from them each year? Thought not.

It was never really an actual split. SL are still part of the sport, the RFL are still the governing body, the RFL are still part of the SL 'company', the RFL are still paid for their services, the Championship and L1 still get their cut, the league structure still has to be agreed between SL and the RFL. The only thing which really split was the commercial operations of SL.

Aside from that it's just a stick for people to beat SL with. Funny how criticising the RFL is back in vogue too now it's not SL doing it.

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

Superleague clubs are still full members of the RFL, you're making a distinction that doesn't work. SL has operational independence for its competition, that's all. 

I f I can make an observation as a complete outsider . Given the way Northern Hemisphere League is going  where potentially in the next 10 years  you may have a SL compromising of a least 4 overseas teams, leaving limited places for English teams . Given that by keeping the bodies separate it would confer more prestige on the Championship. The SL would be considered as a more exotic international competition  and the Championship (I really like that name) would be more your traditional Competition where your Heartland Clubs who may not have the financial muscle to compete in SL could still compete for  a trophy with all the status that such a long history confers.

Archived