Greenwood signs two year deal

Excellent news for when we eventualyy get playing again.

I understand that we have also got the agreement of the majority of players to re-sign for next year, which is equally good.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

34 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Heard Garratt is back next season,he was on a 2 year contract anyway. Hopefully Ryder signs up for next year as well.

Ryder was already on a two year contract and will be with us next season. I have also heard that Tom Garratt is likely to return. Like many Championship clubs we will have a relatively small squad (c 23) so may have to take advantage of DR again.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

45 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

I wonder what Syksie will do!!  ... I think this was meant to be his last season as a player ... he won't want to go out like this!!  Might his "old" body take another year  .... maybe migrate from player coach ....more to coach!!

He's still one of our best players. Think the time off for first time in 20 years hopefully will refresh him for one more season.

17 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

I wonder what Syksie will do!!  ... I think this was meant to be his last season as a player ... he won't want to go out like this!!  Might his "old" body take another year  .... maybe migrate from player coach ....more to coach!!

I reckon that he will do another year. Remember he never said that this was his last year, that was simply supporter speculation. What he did say was that he would like to play as long as he felt that he was able and contributing up to his own standards.

We will need some cover at half back though, that's for sure. I imagine that we could be quite exposed by quick teams if the "repeat six" rule is properly applied.

Archived