Fri 10 Jul: NRL: South Sydney Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers KO 10.55am BST (Sky Sports)

That was easier for the Rabbitohs that the scoreline suggests.  Four tries to two and the Tigers not getting on the board till the 63 minute.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

West’s defence all over the place.  Could’ve been double the score.

The Benj should’ve been in from the off.  

Mitchell will get a ban for ragging Reynolds about.  

and the right arm across the mouth... definitely a ban coming,

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Very disappointed with the Tigers....the way they were playing was like the thought they could grind the Rabbits down and win it in the last 20/30 minutes......just got away from them.

23 hours ago, DavidM said:

Souths are stuttering along but I think they’ll have enough here 

South's just stuttered slightly less than the Tigers, another poor game, seems to be either a outstanding contest or dire stuff like today's 2 games with no in-between.

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

West’s defence all over the place.  Could’ve been double the score.

The Benj should’ve been in from the off.  

Mitchell will get a ban for ragging Reynolds about.  

Josh Reynolds was far more the villain. There`s a duty to be careful when a bloke`s head is in the vicinity of where you`re putting your boot. Like in Soccer when a player goes in on the goalkeeper. Contact between a boot and a head is not an even contest.

44 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Josh Reynolds was far more the villain. There`s a duty to be careful when a bloke`s head is in the vicinity of where you`re putting your boot. Like in Soccer when a player goes in on the goalkeeper. Contact between a boot and a head is not an even contest.

Slow motion gives that impression but in real time, I thought that ball was free and fair game for Reynolds to play at.  

Well first off I’d like an answer to Adam Reynolds question . How can you kick a bloke in the head and stay on the field ? Incredible . We keep getting told no intent doesn’t matter , it’s the end result and about care and attention to opponents . I don’t get as I’ve said before why all foul play seems to go on report ... but picky professional fouls are a binning . That’s a poor look. There just must be on field sanctions ... and it’s even worse when the injured bloke has to go off . I don’t understand the VR protocols that mean they look at things then tell the ref to put it on report . That was a clear sin bin minimum and over here would probably have been red . I struggle with guys being out on report ... then they get a long ban . That tells me something’s not right with the original call . 
On the game Souths are still hot n cold , but West’s didn’t play well enough to seriously test them 

10 hours ago, DavidM said:

Well first off I’d like an answer to Adam Reynolds question . How can you kick a bloke in the head and stay on the field ? Incredible . We keep getting told no intent doesn’t matter , it’s the end result and about care and attention to opponents . I don’t get as I’ve said before why all foul play seems to go on report ... but picky professional fouls are a binning . That’s a poor look. There just must be on field sanctions ... and it’s even worse when the injured bloke has to go off . I don’t understand the VR protocols that mean they look at things then tell the ref to put it on report . That was a clear sin bin minimum and over here would probably have been red . I struggle with guys being out on report ... then they get a long ban . That tells me something’s not right with the original call . 
On the game Souths are still hot n cold , but West’s didn’t play well enough to seriously test them 

I agree in 99% but when Reynolds is committing to kick, the Souths player is still reaching for the ball.  Quite easy to move the video backward and forward on the video and you can see his foot is moving forward before the guy grasps it. 

Very close in my opinion and it doesnt seem as if he is fully committed in the actual kick itself.  In that respect, the Ref got it right.

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

I agree in 99% but when Reynolds is committing to kick, the Souths player is still reaching for the ball.  Quite easy to move the video backward and forward on the video and you can see his foot is moving forward before the guy grasps it. 

Very close in my opinion and it doesnt seem as if he is fully committed in the actual kick itself.  In that respect, the Ref got it right.

I’m sure they followed their  protocols , but I don’t agree with them . It’s still foul play and there must be an in play punishment , on report is a cop out which does nothing for the aggrieved team , and it’s doubly galling when the fouled player leaves the field . We’re ultra sensitive on head contact , bad high tackles and swinging arms often have no intent , are mistimed or the tackler is committed then the attacker slips or loses height . The result is the same , I think the sin bin must be used more often as the HIA pretty much always sees the player have to leave the field . The offender at times should go with him imo when it’s foul play worthy of on report 

38 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m sure they followed their  protocols , but I don’t agree with them . It’s still foul play and there must be an in play punishment , on report is a cop out which does nothing for the aggrieved team , and it’s doubly galling when the fouled player leaves the field . We’re ultra sensitive on head contact , bad high tackles and swinging arms often have no intent , are mistimed or the tackler is committed then the attacker slips or loses height . The result is the same , I think the sin bin must be used more often as the HIA pretty much always sees the player have to leave the field . The offender at times should go with him imo when it’s foul play worthy of on report 

Fair enough David but when I 1st saw it I thought the same.  

The Leulia issue last week was a clear Red, but he got 10.  That was intentional and with malice.  I dont personally believe Reynolds was intentional, but ended up head contact.  (Marshal shouldve been in for him anyway imo) 

11 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Fair enough David but when I 1st saw it I thought the same.  

The Leulia issue last week was a clear Red, but he got 10.  That was intentional and with malice.  I dont personally believe Reynolds was intentional, but ended up head contact.  (Marshal shouldve been in for him anyway imo) 

No worries , don’t know what’s wrong with me getting all in tune with the modern sanitised game !! 

Archived