Sat 11 Jul: NRL: Canberra Raiders v Melbourne Storm KO 10.35am BST (Sky Sports)

7 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

The thought of a 61 year old man running around naked in public is truly frightening.

As a plus 61 year old man the thought of running is frightening!

Raiders seem to have hit a wall, whether thats down to injuries I don't know but meeting the Storm just now doesn't bode well,  far better for the club's who will meet them a few weeks down the line of their forced relocation.

4 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

A lot of unforced errors but the weather is awful. 

I live close to the stadium. The weather isn’t that bad. It’s not raining.

There was some soft rain earlier which has kept things damp.

Just now, Copa said:

I live close to the stadium. The weather isn’t that bad. It’s not raining.

There was some soft rain earlier which has kept things damp.

Looks like a lot of moisture in the air and on the ground, which is making the ball a bar of soap. 

Melbourne have been milking a lot of penalties recently from colliding with (deliberately running into?) defenders without the ball, then throwing themselves down to the ground like a Premier League footballer. Usually Finucane but this time Welch...not small blokes! 

A very poor game defined by the 23 errors and 14 penalties on show.  

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 hours ago, Curly perm said:

Melbourne have been milking a lot of penalties recently from colliding with (deliberately running into?) defenders without the ball, then throwing themselves down to the ground like a Premier League footballer. Usually Finucane but this time Welch...not small blokes! 

Storm certainly play over the edge of the rules much of the time, as you say for big guys they fall to the ground very easily when it suits them combine that with Smith's questioning of every decision and blatant time wasting, on top of their previous salary cap misdemeanours and it's very easy to dislike them intensely.

5 hours ago, JM2010 said:

Bit of a scrappy game but they got stuck into each other. I thought Sutton was the best forward on the field, especially in defence

I'd definitely say it was the best game I've seen Sutton play

16 hours ago, Curly perm said:

I think all clubs will milk penalties at some stage but Storm do seem pretty orchestrated with it at times.

Why is the game becoming about the Referees as much as the play.

Roosters vs Storm and Roosters vs Eels have been number 1 and 2 respectively best games of the year. Those three teams are really the only serious contenders for winning the silverware. I still think that the Roosters will win their third in a row. But that prediction is totally conditioned on no serious injuries to key players.

7 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Roosters vs Storm and Roosters vs Eels have been number 1 and 2 respectively best games of the year. Those three teams are really the only serious contenders for winning the silverware. I still think that the Roosters will win their third in a row. But that prediction is totally conditioned on no serious injuries to key players.

I would put the Panthers in the mix. A strong team and strength in depth and some game breakers in there as well.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Well , truly awful news  about Hodgson . Absolutely and totally gutted for the lad , crucial to The Raiders obviously . Couple of disgraceful calls in that game ... the sin bin , I mean really ? How many times is the VR gonna look at something and still get it wrong . We get told it’s to get it right . Half the time it ain’t , get shot of it . I’ll take refs and touchies getting it right or wrong . That was a disgusting call . And the penalty in front for literally a bloke getting run into . I praised Atkins last week but he lost it a bit there . And Melbourne are without doubt the biggest cheats , rule manipulators and worker of officials in the game 

Archived