A message from Club Chaplain Matt Davis

Broncos News

Self-Isolation – Social Distancing – Lockdown

These terms were mostly unfamiliar to us two months ago. Now they are common everyday language. They are terms that we will remember for the rest of our lives. Memories are being forged that we will remember forever:

• Some have suffered sickness, loss, and even the death of family and friends.
• Some have experienced bouts of depression and anxiety, finding it difficult to get up in the morning and to be motivated.
• Some have lost income and/or jobs, in turn losing a sense of their identity and their ability to care for themselves and others.
• Some have lost seasons, events, tours, holidays, and weddings. Many have mourned the loss of memories that were to be made but are now postponed or cancelled.
• Some have been able to spend more time with family than ever before, with many embracing this opportunity.
• Some have experienced a needed sabbatical from the grind of everyday work life, viewing this unique time as a “restart”, like hitting a button on your computer.
• Some have been able to serve the vulnerable in their communities by delivering necessities, picking up medicines and groceries, and feeding the homeless.
• Some have formed new positive habits of exercise, reading, learning, cooking, taking a quiet stroll, interacting with friends virtually, and playing games with family.

These are unique times that we will never forget. I encourage you to take a moment to breathe, to reflect and ponder the words below from Psalm 23 of the Bible:

“The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”

May you experience God’s rest and refreshment in the days ahead.

“REV”
Matt Davis – Chaplain

View the full article

Archived