England to PLAY in 2022??

28 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I hope that you do not consider me patronizing,  it just seems there is just not enough high level competition readily available at present and that is holding England back. All  that would be needed is an `ice-breaker` to show one of these smaller nations could tour successfully on and off the field. That may then open the the gates to all the potentially entertaining southern hemisphere teams.

I know if there’s another 3 match series against New Zealand I will go to 1 of the games, whichever’s closest to me, as I did last time.

If we were to play a 3 game series against Tonga I’d be buying tickets and going to all 3 games. 

I’m sure plenty of fans feel the same and a Tonga tour would be just as successful as a Kiwis tour. We just need the organisers to break from their tired and tested same old fixtures. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/07/2020 at 13:13, Damien said:

I honestly cannot see why a tour from Tonga wouldn't generate similar crowds to what we see from the Kiwis. I honestly think people are sick to death of playing the kiwis and people would be more inclined to go to something different, particularly after Tonga's exploits over recent years. People who may not fancy going to match against other lesser nations due to possibly thinking they would be one sided certainly aren't going to think that about Tonga. Costs and player payments are less for Tonga than the Kiwis too.

They are our biggest rivals and we have great games against them. Do the english cricket fans get tired of playing australia? Nope. I think the kiwis are a far bigger draw than tonga. There is no polynesian dysphoria in the UK.

10 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

They are our biggest rivals and we have great games against them. Do the english cricket fans get tired of playing australia? Nope. I think the kiwis are a far bigger draw than tonga. There is no polynesian dysphoria in the UK.

They are not our biggest rivals and never have been. They have always been very much 2nd to Australia. Various posters on here have said they are sick of playing NZ and that Tonga would be a bigger attraction. 

13 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

No, because they play Australia once at home every 4 years in a regular schedule.

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

They are not our biggest rivals and never have been. They have always been very much 2nd to Australia. Various posters on here have said they are sick of playing NZ and that Tonga would be a bigger attraction. 

Ye they are australia is in a league of their own. I'm willing to bet my house england vs tonga will not garner interest like england vs nz and nz are number 1 in the world right now.

1 minute ago, Themusician_2 said:

Ye they are australia is in a league of their own. I'm willing to bet my house england vs tonga will not garner interest like england vs nz and nz are number 1 in the world right now.

Sorry that is laughable. People are sick of playing NZ, people have complained about it on here for the past few years. I don't know anyone that would consider NZ number 1 in the world either. Where are you based?

14 hours ago, Damien said:

Sorry that is laughable. People are sick of playing NZ, people have complained about it on here for the past few years. I don't know anyone that would consider NZ number 1 in the world either. Where are you based?

Look at the world rankings. In my opinion nz is still a bigger draw than tonga. But i guess we got to agree to disagree.

19 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

Look at the world rankings. In my opinion nz is still a bigger draw than tonga. But i guess we got to agree to disagree.

I don't need to. No one in their right mind would say NZ are number 1. Again where are you based? 

Archived