2021 statement of intent

Joe 90

Does anyone know who is signed up for next season ? I have seen news about the latest signings but don't know who we have from the current season.

The club looks to be going in the right direction and the sounds coming out of the club are all positive. 

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Freeman, Ainscough, Marriott, Penkywicz - to my knowledge, plus the recent signings. A good start with a mix of young talent and experience. Sadly, it’s long road to next season and keeping everyone healthy, fit and enthusiastic is a huge test. At least we are now on a sounder base with an enthusiastic, pro active board.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With, tonight, Joe Tiara back in our colours for next season and all the recent additions and resignings, we should have a formidable squad with a lot of local talent and experience.  Pity it’s a such a long period until action resumes, but hopefully time to obtain some normality to life.  Good work by all concerned - well done.😀

If the stadiums are allowed fans again would it be a good idea to bring the two lower leagues fixtures forward. Perhaps this could create a few TV games and the revenue that brings plus maybe some SL fans may attend. The weather is generally milder in November and December than January and February. Just a thought. 

• 2 weeks later...

"There's a lot of pressure on clubs and some may not be able to rise to it. We are here to ensure the majority get through."

"It's going to be testing for all the clubs out there and I can't guarantee, hand on heart, they'll all make it through."

From Ralph Rimmer:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/53953649

The positive vibes currently emanating from and for our club are very encouraging in this awful period.  It will be interesting to see the changes, if any, that the rfl will impose to “ ensure the majority get through”.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Danny Yates has returned to give us some good options/experience in the half-backs, not least his link up with our formidable front row options. A few of these would not go amiss-

https://youtu.be/8az0C6zYDx8?t=3078

Around 51 on the timing bar

The other development is:

https://www.totalrl.com/clubs-consider-combining-championship-and-league-1-for-24-team-competition/

which is being discussed on the main rugby league forum.

• 2 months later...

Archived