All hail Peter V'landy's

33 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Yeah, that's a bit like Batman asking Inspector Clouseau to hold up his end of the crime fighting bargain.

I think you blokes are on the right track. All you need is one more decent T.V. deal,  I`m hoping that V`landy`s  has a word in  Murdoch`s ear, they are close mates you know.

3 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I think you blokes are on the right track. All you need is one more decent T.V. deal,  I`m hoping that V`landy`s  has a word in  Murdoch`s ear, they are close mates you know.

Yes, I agree the potential is there for NH Rugby League. There is more to say on this but the subject is covered ad nauseam on the Toronto and other threads so I would drag this thread in that direction. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

18 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Yes, I agree the potential is there for NH Rugby League. There is more to say on this but the subject is covered ad nauseam on the Toronto and other threads so I would drag this thread in that direction. 

Yes. While I have you somebody should get that "Slow Death Of The Scrum" thread and collate the excellent information within and present it as a Report  to our respective Administrations. It will save them $50 000 (or whatever) when they hire a consultant to review scrums , like they will inevitably do at some point. They are already talking about it over here.

Just now, The Rocket said:

Yes. While I have you somebody should get that "Slow Death Of The Scrum" thread and collate the excellent information within and present it as a Report  to our respective Administrations. It will save them $50 000 (or whatever) when they hire a consultant to review scrums , like they will inevitably do at some point. They are already talking about it over here.

I think a better outcome would be me getting the $50k as a consultant!

Every man for himself.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I assume Leichhardt and Brookvale are the most likely to benefit from upgrades. Where else? Thought the Sharks were funding their upgrade themselves.

Noteworthy that Manly are less well-supported than when the Bears were in the top competition, which ought to be a warning against cutting Sydney teams.

Definitely not Leichhardt and unlikely to be Shark Park (development currently taking place is not improving the stadium, but the leagues club and surrounding area).

You can consider Brookie, Campbelltown and Jubilee as certainties. Panthers and Sharks if anything is left over. Shame... Shark Park is actually owned by the club. No other Sydney club can boast owning their own home ground.

Archived