Potential Players Strike

2 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Was there any need for Wakefield to mention those 33 fans in that story?

It doesn't make them any less of a supporter than those who haven't asked for refunds.

I know!

But to then name them all on the club's website!!

Well that's just really not on. Shocking really.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just with respect to some players refusing to take pay cuts, didn't Sts say that Luke Thompson had refused to take a pay cut before he left?

In any event I doubt clubs are using COVID to avoid paying players when they could afford to.  They're desperately trying to keep struggling small businesses (which really is what most SL sides are despite being more widely known than non-sporting ones) afloat in a world where many in other industries are folding and will never return.

On 14/07/2020 at 15:16, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If Wakefield go on strike can we just relegate them 

So what are your thoughts now, Wakefield all sorted but Toronto fail to fulfil their fixtures, do they now get relegated or is it one rule for one and one rule for another be interested to hear your views. Also other clubs have not finalised their pay deals yet if they dont do we relegate them? just wondering.😀

18 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

So what are your thoughts now, Wakefield all sorted but Toronto fail to fulfil their fixtures, do they now get relegated or is it one rule for one and one rule for another be interested to hear your views. Also other clubs have not finalised their pay deals yet if they dont do we relegate them? just wondering.😀

There is no promotion and relegation this year. The Championship has been cancelled. We don’t even know if the other 11 clubs will complete the Super League season. Well done to Wakefield for blackmailing their players into taking 25% pay cuts and fans into not taking refunds.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

There is no promotion and relegation this year. The Championship has been cancelled. We don’t even know if the other 11 clubs will complete the Super League season. Well done to Wakefield for blackmailing their players into taking 25% pay cuts and fans into not taking refunds.

Meow

6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

How do you get 25% then? What have Leeds come up with?

13 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Its now 2 players one was Big Dave to come off furlough this week who agreed too lat

Latest news was that it was down to just one.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

10 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Did you have to throw in some extra pukka pies as a concession to win him over?

Don't you mean as a Blackmail? 😉

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

8 minutes ago, wiganermike said:

Wigan and Cas, both are reported to be close to reaching agreements in LE.

Cheers.

Although I think Wigan are sorted, I'm sure I saw on Instagram that the players went back yesterday?

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

1 minute ago, Chris Taylor said:

Cheers.

Although I think Wigan are sorted, I'm sure I saw on Instagram that the players went back yesterday?

I think in the case of both Wigan and Cas the players were due to report for testing and training despite the agreements not quite being finalised. Hopefully both clubs' agreements have been sorted but just not announced.

10 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Cry me a river, trollface. 

Archived