Thur 16 Jul: NRL: Sydney Roosters v Canberra Raiders KO 10.50am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sydney Roosters
    • Canberra Raiders

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/07/20 at 10:30

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

Sydney Roosters by 12 +

The loss of Josh Hodgson leaves a huge hole in the attacking capability of the Canberra Raiders.

It may improve them.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

I really don't know how anyone can watch the two tries so far in this game and then say there are no skills anymore.

The first was three forwards combining with passing and offloads while second was great footwork and vision from a classy fullback throwing a long cut out pass.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I think Nicoll-Klokstad is in real danger of being a one hit wonder with his 2019 season.

For me, the biggest difference between the Raiders and the other contenders this year is the lack of a creative full back who adds that critical 3rd pivot option in attack.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

20 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I think Nicoll-Klokstad is in real danger of being a one hit wonder with his 2019 season.

For me, the biggest difference between the Raiders and the other contenders this year is the lack of a creative full back who adds that critical 3rd pivot option in attack.

He just delivered a nice kick leading to a try.

The Raiders attack certainly appears to have more ideas with Hodgson not playing and taking charge of everything 

1 minute ago, Allora said:

He just delivered a nice kick leading to a try.

He did, yes.  Although I don't think one nice kick changes the overall picture.  He needs to improve his passing game (as Tedesco has done in the last year or two) to be right up there with the top fullbacks.

Okay, who was the one person to pick the Raiders in this thread's poll? Chapeau!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived