L'Equipe to broadcast Catalan Dragons games

At the beginning the catalans paid, then they did it for free, then bein gave money, the reason Bernard didn't renew was because bein wouldn't give any more  money and asked the catalans to pay production costs  again I think 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, barnyia said:

At the beginning the catalans paid, then they did it for free, then bein gave money, the reason Bernard didn't renew was because bein wouldn't give any more  money and asked the catalans to pay production costs  again I think 

It was reported that they were willing to renew for the same money they paid before, but Robert Elstone wanted them to pay more and they refused.

In the paper today, 2 live games and two delayed live games in August,it also says sky may pay for a few games to be filmed in perpignan, 

L'équipe will be fitting rl in around champions league discussions and commentary. Looks like super league will just be a time filler at first, let's hope it gets good viewing figures then l'équipe might get a little more excited about super league. 

It will be the first time ever I think on free to air for the Dragons in France. Just hope that the popular L'Equipe daily Sports paper does some colour pieces in the lead up.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

In his defense he probably didn't réalisé what rl is really like down here and what it's worth to broadcasters. 

Pfff, it didn't take a genius to work out though. That was an epic fail there's no getting away from it 

5 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Pfff, it didn't take a genius to work out though. That was an epic fail there's no getting away from it 

Back in 2003/4/5 it was around 30/35000 per match to cover on Sports + 

French TV has always (Since Pathe Sport) charged the FRL the costs to screen matches on TV (Bein Sport was the first instance for years of a broadcaster covering costs)

Paul

On 19/07/2020 at 12:43, barnyia said:

In his defense he probably didn't réalisé what rl is really like down here and what it's worth to broadcasters. 

Being the Head Honcho he really should know. When entering such key negotiations he should be fully informed of everything that is relevant.

On 19/07/2020 at 11:15, audois said:

It will be the first time ever I think on free to air for the Dragons in France. Just hope that the popular L'Equipe daily Sports paper does some colour pieces in the lead up.

Being on FTA is really big when you put it like that.

On 19/07/2020 at 21:43, barnyia said:

Well , he ought to bloody know if he is any sort of professional and if he didn`t know he bloody-well ought to have found out.

If true , mind-boggling.

On 19/07/2020 at 20:15, audois said:

On 16/07/2020 at 02:12, The Daddy said:

L'Equipe have a very large broadcasting audience so Catalan need to maximise this opportunity

The RLF should be throwing everything at  this.

My sister works for the Gov`t over here and it is her job to write articles for the media on behalf of the Gov`t. She writes about the environment, half of it is pure spin. Feelgood nonsense.

The media loves it, they take the story ,change it around a bit and put one of their journalists name on it and the Gov`t  get to influence the agenda. Newspapers, radio, television and online news outlets.

The RLF should be providing L`Equipe with this sort of content. Proud history of the game in France, survive against the odds, etc. etc. They have a great Aussie character in James Maloney, eloquent, genuinely funny and a lovely  family, 4 kids learning to speak French attending local schools. Without trying to be too mercenary find a link between one of his forebears and one of the French players forebears and the Wars and you`ve got `Brothers -in arms` line.

When an opportunity like this arises you have to go in hard. For a small investment the return could be substantial.

You have to capture the general publics imagination.

15 hours ago, The Rocket said:

My sister works for the Gov`t over here and it is her job to write articles for the media on behalf of the Gov`t. She writes about the environment, half of it is pure spin. Feelgood nonsense.

The media loves it, they take the story ,change it around a bit and put one of their journalists name on it and the Gov`t  get to influence the agenda. Newspapers, radio, television and online news outlets.

The RLF should be providing L`Equipe with this sort of content. Proud history of the game in France, survive against the odds, etc. etc. They have a great Aussie character in James Maloney, eloquent, genuinely funny and a lovely  family, 4 kids learning to speak French attending local schools. Without trying to be too mercenary find a link between one of his forebears and one of the French players forebears and the Wars and you`ve got `Brothers -in arms` line.

When an opportunity like this arises you have to go in hard. For a small investment the return could be substantial.

You've got the job, TR.  When can you start?

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

It is excellent news.  Back up goes the French aerial.

I appreciate the light-hearted nature of your comment, Lowdesert, but to be serious for a moment; am I right in thinking that Sky will show these four games?  Bernard Guasch's 'thank you' comment to Sky suggests they are actively involved in this four-match coverage on FTA in France.

34 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I appreciate the light-hearted nature of your comment, Lowdesert, but to be serious for a moment; am I right in thinking that Sky will show these four games?  Bernard Guasch's 'thank you' comment to Sky suggests they are actively involved in this four-match coverage on FTA in France.

Sky are showing every game live in August. 

Is there travel allowed  between France and England?  If so a travelling band of opposition fans would look great in the stands (please no fighting) and maybe around the Town center before the game (all in good spirits of course).

All done in the right spirit would look great.

Especially for the T.V. cameras at the game.

Maybe the RLF could contact Gausch and see about setting aside a block of say 500 tickets for English fans or more if sales are slow.

On 22/07/2020 at 00:09, The Rocket said:

Your second and third paragraphs have shattered all my illusions about the integrity of journalism. It can`t be true. I`m in despair, inconsolable.

Love the genealogy idea. Mind you, if journalists are as lacking in moral fibre as you suggest, it`s a risk. And don`t forget Vichy. If L`Equipe go looking for a link with the British prison system, every chance they`ll strike Aussie gold.

22 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Your second and third paragraphs have shattered all my illusions about the integrity of journalism. It can`t be true. I`m in despair, inconsolable.

I said to her recently for someone who has a strong commitment to conservation don`t you get sick of stories about koalas stuck up telegraph poles or a seal with a plastic bag over it`s  head. She said that they were just glad to have any story in the media, no matter how tenuous the link.

Sounds a bit like Rugby League outside of the heartlands.

29 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

, it`s a risk.

Crossed my mind as well. Wouldn`t want to cause any visa issues!🥴

Nothing ventured , nothing gained.

Archived