Time for change: Compensation rules around young players are not fit for purpose

Having read that some of it seems uncannily similar to the thread we had discussing it on here and on Kershaw much of it echos what I and others said. Essentially treat young players properly and pay them a minimum amount before a club can be entitled to any compensation.

On the other sports and NRL aspect there simply isn't much we can do. We wouldn't offer compensation to a RU club in the same circumstances so we shouldn't expect any the other way. Unless the NRL want some sort of reciprocal arrangement, and quite frankly there isn't anything in it for them in such an arrangement, there isn't a great deal we can do. Again the solution is for us to get our own game in order and treat young players properly and pay them well. The rest falls into place. If the boot was on the other foot I'm sure the game here wouldn't be saying it was an issue.

One thing is for sure, if we treat young players poorly, pay them poorly and try to hold them to ransom then we cant really bleat if they go elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

Having read that some of it seems uncannily similar to the thread we had discussing it on here and on Kershaw much of it echos what I and others said. Essentially treat young players properly and pay them a minimum amount before a club can be entitled to any compensation.

On the other sports and NRL aspect there simply isn't much we can do. We wouldn't offer compensation to a RU club in the same circumstances so we shouldn't expect any the other way. Unless the NRL want some sort of reciprocal arrangement, and quite frankly there isn't anything in it for them in such an arrangement, there isn't a great deal we can do. Again the solution is for us to get our own game in order and treat young players properly and pay them well. The rest falls into place. If the boot was on the other foot I'm sure the game here wouldn't be saying it was an issue.

One thing is for sure, if we treat young players poorly, pay them poorly and try to hold them to ransom then we cant really bleat if they go elsewhere.

Quite. It seems like they noticed a problem of players leaving and instead of thinking "why are young players leaving" they thought "make it as difficult as possible to leave". Its zero growth thinking yet again

Archived