Sat 18 Jul: NRL: St George Illawarra Dragons v Canterbury Bulldogs KO 6am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St George Illawarra Dragons
    • Canterbury Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/07/20 at 05:30

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Go Canterbury! 

10-0 Dragons after 8 to 20-10 Dogs HT.

A motivated Canterbury pack suddenly looks decent with Thompson in there with Jackson, Napa et al.

I think the problems are evident in the spine.  Andrew Johns is recommending they sign Darrel Clarke from Warrington.  I can see that coming off if they follow that up.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

I think the problems are evident in the spine.  Andrew Johns is recommending they sign Darrel Clarke from Warrington.  I can see that coming off if they follow that up.

Would be a great signing for them you’d hope they have big plans for next years squad. Otherwise I’d be having a word with my agent if I was Luke Thompson 

Just now, bobbruce said:

Would be a great signing for them you’d hope they have big plans for next years squad. Otherwise I’d be having a word with my agent if I was Luke Thompson 

Press reporting they have $2.5 - 3m (dependent on what you read) to spend on player contracts.

Just now, Lowdesert said:

Press reporting they have $2.5 - 3m (dependent on what you read) to spend on player contracts.

They’ll need it but you could do a lot with that with the right recruitment. I suppose Thompson was sold the dream of next years squad he wasn’t meant to play for them this year. 

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

They’ll need it but you could do a lot with that with the right recruitment. I suppose Thompson was sold the dream of next years squad he wasn’t meant to play for them this year. 

There are reports that Nick Cotric has signed to the Bulldogs on a 3 year $1.8m deal.

Good start adding a current NSW and Australian test player.

I have a feeling Jackson Hastings will go. Warriors & Bulldogs are rumoured to be looking at him with Hastings preference to be a Sydney club.

They need a hooker badly!

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Daryl Clark would be a revelation in the NRL.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

14 minutes ago, Damien said:

I think he would too, especially the way they go overboard and fawn about Hodgson. Clark is a much better player. 

I think he is as well.  He has an outstanding running game but often that means we overlook the fact that his distribution and defence are also first class.  As an all round player I think he is superior to Hodgson.

The best two 9's I have seen in the country are Keiron Cunningham and James Roby and I believe that if either of them had spent some time in the Aussie comp they would have been outstanding. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I disagree they go overboard and fawn over Hodgson . You can take his international displays and pick them apart, but purely in terms of his NRL career he’s been quite outstanding . He wasn’t seen as top notch here but he’s grabbed that competition and owned it with assurance over a long period . Clark’s a really good player and may or may not himself given the chance  , Hodgson’s done it 

On 18/07/2020 at 12:46, AB90 said:

There are reports that Nick Cotric has signed to the Bulldogs on a 3 year $1.8m deal.

Good start adding a current NSW and Australian test player.

I have a feeling Jackson Hastings will go. Warriors & Bulldogs are rumoured to be looking at him with Hastings preference to be a Sydney club.

They need a hooker badly!

Not really, I think that's a bit of a waste on Cotric. Overrated in my opinion and I wouldn't be spending that on a winger, even though he might move to centre.

Thompson showed up well again but it does frustrate me the amount of times they utilised him as a dummy runner and just gave the ball to plodders like Tolman. Canterbury should have won that, and probably would if Foran had stayed on the pitch. They literally gifted victory to the most overrated person in the NRL

1 minute ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Is Isn't he on a long term contract. 

Could be. I'm not saying he is going and I was responding to another post. I'm just saying in my opinion he would thrive over there.

Really good game (surprisingly) and the Bulldogs showed a lot of character after the early deficit - could easily have folded after recent performances. They moved the ball really well I thought and Meaney was excellent at FB again. Not sure about Luke Thompson yet - some good bursts of energy but too sporadic. I thought the Bulldogs deserved to win the game on balance and the late Montoya howler was cruel.

Not sure what's happened to Tariq Sims for the Dragons of late. He was one of the best 2nd rowers in the comp last year for mine but looks a shadow of himself. Worst player on the pitch here, pretty much.

Archived